|Game||Yoshi's Crafted World|
|Music track||Yoshi's Expedition|
|<< Directory of levels >>|
Hoppin' Higher is the second level of Rumble Jungle and the thirty-third level overall of Yoshi's Crafted World. This level features Snakeys, long, green, retractable snakes that follow Yoshi through a section.
To start, there are three Shy Guys, then an Egg Block. There is then a Snakey which gets stuck. To get past it, Yoshi must crawl on top of the Snakey. Yoshi can also throw eggs at or Ground Pound the Snakey's head to retract it. Near the hole the Snakey comes out of is a hidden Winged Cloud Yoshi can hit to reveal some coins in the shape of a square, with two Red Coins at the top. After this is a Shy Guy and a Piranha Plant. Below the Piranha Plant is a hidden Winged Cloud containing five hearts.
In this area, there are three crafted hopping frogs. Yoshi can Ground Pound a frog to make it jump higher. Between the frogs are some coins, including two red coins. Above the middle frog is a 10 Coin and some more coins. By Ground Pounding the middle frog, Yoshi can also reach a Smiley Flower. There is a Winged Cloud above the right frog Yoshi can hit to make some more coins appear, as well as another 10 Coin. Just after this is a Time Cloud. Yoshi can hit it to make a few apples appear in the next section. This section also has hopping frogs. If Yoshi eats all of the apples in the given time, a Smiley Flower appears. Down below is a Shy Guy between two Piranha Plants. Just after this section is the first Check Point.
Just after the first Check Point, there is an Egg Block and two Shy Guys. After a few more Shy Guys, there is a hole in the ground a Snakey comes out of. This Snakey relentlessly follows Yoshi throughout this long, vertical section, retracting whenever he reaches him. While on the way, Yoshi soon reaches a hopping frog, which takes him up to an Egg Block to the left, with three blocks to the right, including a Roulette Block allowing Yoshi to get one to twenty coins. Snakeys can also break these blocks. Just above this is another hopping frog, with a Smiley Flower to the right in a circle of coins. The second hopping frog takes Yoshi up to a Winged Cloud containing five hearts. To the left of this, on the other side of a wall of blocks, is another hopping frog. Just to the right is a moving Winged Cloud Yoshi can hit to get some coins, including four red coins. The third hopping frog takes Yoshi up to another Egg Block.
The Snakey continues to follow Yoshi, breaking through blocks whenever it needs to. This will be helpful, as the second part of this section is filled with blocks both Yoshi and the Snakey can break. At the bottom of this area are two Shy Guys, with a Winged Cloud Yoshi can hit to make some coins appear nearby, leading to three red coins and a Winged Cloud containing a Smiley Flower. After this, Yoshi reaches the blocks. To the right, there is a present box in a nest on a branch in the background, which Yoshi may need to break some blocks to reveal. This present box contains multiple coins as well as one red coin. There is an Egg Plant nearby. To the left are a few coins, with a 10 Coin in the middle. On the way up, Yoshi next finds a 10 Coin and a Roulette Block allowing him to get one or twenty coins. At the top of this section and to the left is a Smiley Flower. To the right is the second Check Point.
Just after the second Check Point, there is a pipe Shy Guys hop out of. Shortly after this are some more hopping frogs. Above the first frog are some coins, including three red coins. There is a Piranha Plant on the second frog. To the left of the third frog is a Winged Cloud. Hitting it makes some coins appear below as well as a Smiley Flower. Between the third and fourth frogs are a few coins, with one red coin in the middle. Above the fourth frog is a pipe Shy Guys fall out of. There is also a Shy Guy on the fifth frog, as well as a Winged Cloud above it containing five hearts.
After two more Shy Guys, there is another section filled with blocks. First, there is a bridge of blocks a Snakey comes through. Next is a staircase of blocks. At the top, there is a Roulette Block allowing Yoshi to get one, five, ten, or twenty coins. Hidden in some of the top blocks, there are some coins, including the last four red coins. Yoshi can Ground Pound here to find a hidden area with the last Smiley Flower and a hopping frog that takes him back up. From here, Yoshi simply needs to walk right to the goal.
- The cyan Poochy Pup is hanging around the start of the very first section. When Yoshi gets close to it, it falls into the hidden area where the seventh Smiley Flower is normally found.
- The black Poochy Pup is found in the long, vertical Snakey section just after the first Check Point, on a branch in the background.
- Near the end of the level, Yoshi must enter the hole a Snakey usually comes out of to find the pink Poochy Pup in a nest.
- Smiley Flower 1: In the first hopping frog section, Yoshi must Ground Pound the middle frog to reach a 10 Coin, some coins, and the first Smiley Flower.
- Smiley Flower 2: At the start of the second hopping frog section is a Time Cloud. Yoshi must hit it to make five apples appear in this area. Eating all of them in the given time earns Yoshi the second Smiley Flower.
- Smiley Flower 3: Once Yoshi reaches the second hopping frog in the long, vertical Snakey section, he must head right to find the third Smiley Flower in a circle of coins.
- Smiley Flower 4: Near the start of the second half of the vertical section, Yoshi must hit the second Winged Cloud to reveal the fourth Smiley Flower.
- Smiley Flower 5: At the very top of the vertical section, to the left, is the fifth Smiley Flower.
- Smiley Flower 6: After the second Check Point, there are some more hopping frogs. To the left of the third frog is a Winged Cloud. When Yoshi hits it, a trail of coins appears below leading to the sixth Smiley Flower.
- Smiley Flower 7: Near the end of the level, at the top of the block staircase, Yoshi must Ground Pound all the way down to discover a hidden area with the seventh and final Smiley Flower.
Three more Smiley Flowers are awarded for collecting at least 100 coins in the level, completing the level with 20 hearts, and collecting all 20 Red Coins. In the flip side, three are awarded for bringing all three Poochy Pups to the goal, and one more for doing so within three minutes and thirty seconds.
Found on the front side:
- Snail 1: In the first hopping frog section, spotted in the background.
- Snail 2: Behind and below the first hopping frog in the vertical section.
- Snail 3: Near the start of the second half of the vertical section, poking out of a branched tree.
- Snail 4: Near the top of the second half of the vertical section, hidden behind some blocks near the Roulette Block.
- Snail 5: In the final hopping frog section, behind the pipe the Shy Guys drop from.
- Snail 6: Hidden close in the background in the secret area below the block staircase, where the seventh Smiley Flower is also found.
Found on the flip side:
- Flamingo: Just after where the first Snakey appears, close in the background behind some waterfalls.
Found on the flip side:
- Tiger: At the very end of the level, where the goal is, peeking out from behind a tree in the background.
Found on the front side:
- Zebra: Near the very end of the level, just before the goal, there is a Shy Guy behind a bush high in the background, holding the zebra.
In the second hopping frog area, just before the first Check Point, there is a stack of hopping frogs. Below that, in the foreground, is Sprout's box.
- Piranha Plants (4)
- Shy Guys (18)
- Snakeys (3)
Names in other languages
|「ぴょんぴょん」(pyon-pyon) and「ぴょこぴょこ」(pyoko-pyoko) are onomatopoeias for skipping or hopping|
Wǒtiào Wǒtiào Wǒ Bèngbèngtiào
|Jump and Jump and Jump-jump-jump|
|Italian||Di rana in rana||From frog to frog|
|Spanish||De brinco en brinco||From Hop to Hop|