The Shogun's Castle
|The Shogun's Castle|
|Game||Yoshi's Crafted World|
|Music track||Ducking through Danger|
Big, Beefy Boss
|<< Directory of levels >>|
The Shogun's Castle is the third and final level of Ninjarama, the second mini-boss level, and the thirty-first level overall of Yoshi's Crafted World. The Shogun of Skewers is fought at the end of this level.
Yoshi starts out outdoors, with a Shy Guy and a Rush Heyho on the path leading indoors. Once inside, there is first a blue lift. Yoshi must jump to hit the up arrow button, causing the lift to move up a bit. Past a set of sliding doors, there is a set of two spiked tiles which fall from the ceiling. After a Shy Guy, there is another set of spiked tiles. However, once the left one falls, it reveals a Ninja Guy. Yoshi can then hop onto the tile, which lifts him up to a Winged Cloud moving quickly from corner to corner. If Yoshi hits this Winged Cloud, a set of coins appear, containing four Red Coins.
Next, there are sliding doors in the background which slide open to reveal a Rush Heyho, which comes out and starts chasing Yoshi. Above this, there are two rotating platforms with spikes on one side. Underneath the lower tile is a hidden Winged Cloud Yoshi can hit to make more coins appear over the tile. There are four more red coins among them. Above the higher tile is a chance block allowing Yoshi to collect one to twenty coins. To the right, there are two lifts: one blue and one red. The blue lift moves up and down, while the red light moves left to right. To the right is a hidden Winged Cloud containing five hearts. There is also a spring in the blue lift Yoshi can use to reach a circle of coins and a Smiley Flower up high.
After this, Yoshi encounters the first Bushydo. Yoshi must get the Bushydo to put down his sword, then use it as a ramp to get onto the Bushydo, then onto the higher ground. Here, there are five one-sided spike tiles, with a pit of spikes below them. On the fourth rotating tile is another spring, allowing Yoshi to get to another quick-moving Winged Cloud up above. Hitting this cloud reveals more coins, including three red coins. Down to the left is the first Check Point.
To the left are two Rush Heyho, with a Ninja Guy to follow. There are then three lifts: red, blue and green. There are also two springs nearby Yoshi can use to his advantage. Yoshi must move the green lift down, then move the blue lift to the left, then move the red lift up. At the top, to the left, is a hidden Winged Cloud Yoshi can hit to reveal some coins and four red coins. To the right is a Rush Heyho, with three falling one-sided spike blocks above. Once all these blocks fall, they create a staircase allowing Yoshi to get up to another circle of coins and the second Smiley Flower. Up next is a Winged Cloud containing five hearts, then a Ninja Guy.
There is then an Egg Block, with a rather large rectangular structure toward the foreground. Here, Yoshi must hit the green switch on the left wall with an egg to flip the structure upside-down, allowing him to move on to another Egg Block. Once back in the background, Yoshi must toss another egg at the green switch to flip the structure again, allowing him to get to coins and a key underneath it. Yoshi must use this key to unlock the locked door ahead.
After the locked door, there is a set of sliding doors which slide open to reveal two Rush Heyho. This also reveals a present box hidden behind the left sliding door, which contains plentiful coins as well as one red coin. To the right is a quick Winged Cloud Yoshi can hit to make coins appear in the shape of a diamond, with the last four red coins among them. There are then more rotating spike tiles leading Yoshi up to a roof. To the left is a circle of coins and the third Smiley Flower.
Yoshi will then find a room with a red lift and a blue lift. To get out, he must move the red lift up, get into the blue lift, open the doors connecting the two lifts, take the red lift back down, and use the spring in the blue lift, respectively. Once Yoshi does make it out, he reaches the second Check Point.
After the second checkpoint, there are three different chance blocks, allowing Yoshi to get up to six eggs and twenty coins. There are then three Ninja Guys, with a hidden Winged Cloud in the middle of them Yoshi must hit to reveal a circle of coins along with the fourth Smiley Flower. Following the three Ninja Guys are three Bushydos, with a Time Cloud in the middle of them. Hitting this cloud reveals some Blue Coins nearby. Collecting all of them in the given time rewards Yoshi with the fifth and final Smiley Flower.
After the Bushydos, Yoshi must move toward the background, where there is a Winged Cloud containing five hearts. Yoshi then needs to enter a long area with two springs, a blue switch, a red switch, and a green pipe on the wall which dispenses a Shy Guy each time Yoshi hits a switch. Each time Yoshi hits the blue switch, the small blue contraption in the center rotates ninety degrees to the right, allowing Yoshi to get to the red switch on the bottom and a spring on the top. Each time Yoshi hits the red switch, the red walls rotate ninety degrees right. Doing this two times brings down the second spring, allowing him to bounce onto the other spring, bouncing him up to one last Rush Heyho and the doors leading to the boss battle with the Shogun of Skewers.
- Once the first set of sliding doors open, the cyan Poochy Pup is revealed along with two Rush Heyho.
- The black Poochy Pup is hiding under the last Bushydo. Yoshi must toss eggs at the Bushydo until it falls apart, allowing Yoshi to get the Poochy Pup before the Bushydo revives.
- The pink Poochy Pup is found in the compartment above the second falling spike tile, where the first Winged Cloud is usually found.
- Smiley Flower 1: Just before the first Bushydo, in the first section with the red and blue lifts, Yoshi must use the spring to get way up to the first Smiley Flower in a circle of coins.
- Smiley Flower 2: Yoshi must use a set of three consecutively falling one-sided spike blocks as a staircase to get up to a circle of coins as well as the second Smiley Flower.
- Smiley Flower 3: Before using the spring to get up to the second red and blue lift section, Yoshi should search left to find the third Smiley Flower in a circle of coins.
- Smiley Flower 4: Shortly after the second Check Point, there are three Ninja Guys. There is a hidden Winged Cloud in the middle of them Yoshi must hit to reveal the fourth Smiley Flower.
- Smiley Flower 5: In the middle of the three Bushydos, there is a Time Cloud. Hitting it reveals three sets of blue coins nearby. Collecting all of them in the allotted time rewards Yoshi with the final flower.
Three more Smiley Flowers are awarded for collecting at least 100 coins in the level, completing the level with 20 hearts, and collecting all 20 Red Coins. In the flip side, three are awarded for bringing all three Poochy Pups to the goal, and one more for doing so within three minutes.
Found on the front side:
- Helmet 1: Behind an open set of sliding doors, just before the first two rotating, one-sided spiked tiles.
- Helmet 2: After the first Bushydo, just before the first Check Point, there is a set of five consecutive rotating, one-sided spiked tiles. On the fourth tile is a spring Yoshi must use to get up to a quick-moving Winged Cloud as well as the second helmet craft.
- Helmet 3: Yoshi must use the three falling spike blocks as a staircase to get up to the second Smiley Flower, with the third helmet craft nearby.
- Helmet 4: After the locked door, just after the sliding doors, leaned up against the wall.
- Helmet 5: Between the three Bushydos and the last lift section, hidden in the background behind a spinning gear.
Found on the flip side:
- Cherry-Blossom Folding Screen: In the foreground at the location of the three Bushydos.
Found on the flip side:
- Shogun of Skewers Banner: Once Yoshi climbs down the last two rotating one-sided spike tiles, the banner appears behind the set of sliding doors, along with a Rush Heyho.
Once Yoshi encounters the first Bushydo, Sprout's box can be spotted sideways on the right wall.
- This is the only level in Yoshi's Crafted World in which Sprout's box is found sideways, on a wall, rather than upright on ground level.
Names in other languages
Otono-san no Karakuri-jō
|Shogun of Skewers's Mechanism Castle|
Diànxià Dàrén de Jīguān Chéng
|Shogun of Skewers's Mechanism Castle|
|Italian||Al castello di Signorotto||At the castle of Skewers's Mechanism|
|Spanish||Los artefactos de Don Samualdo||Shogun of Skewers's Mechanism|