|Diddy Kong Racing course
|Future Fun Land
|40 (race, N64)
39 (race, DS)
44 (challenge, N64)
43 (challenge, DS)
|Meet T.T (N64)
|The track has two large loops in it.
|<< List of tracks >>
Unlocking the course requires a total of 40 Golden Balloons (39 in the remake), and later 44 for its Silver Coin challenge (or 43 for its Balloon Touch Challenge in the Nintendo DS remake). The stage's default vehicle is Cars, but racers can use Hovercrafts after completing the course twice or via Time Trials. The official Diddy Kong Racing website suggested racing as Diddy on this track.
The track has two huge loops akin to those in Walrus Cove (one bluish silver and the other red), although instead of having zippers at the bottom of the slide, they are zippers in themselves. The course seems to be have been battered by Wizpig's spaceships, as there are craters everywhere. Some areas have Wizpig's spaceships shooting at the ground.
The course starts with a left turn, followed by a short tunnel lit by blinking red arrows on the ceiling. The road continues with a right curve which is heavily under fire by a laser. Players must avoid getting hit by swerving around it. Another short tunnel leads the racers to a section with two craters. These obstacles are avoided best following the right part of the section to take advantage of a dash panel. The track continues with a left turn into an S-shaped tunnel which is again lit by blinking red arrows.
After the tunnel, players drive down a rightward corkscrew section of the track, all the while trying to dodge more barrages of the lasers. What follows is a tunneled right curve and then a left turn into a technologically paved area where the racers enter a series of loops. Immediately after the first one the players enter a short tunnel, which consists of a mound and a sharp left turn into the other loop. After this second loop, a final tunnel section going to the right leads them to the finish line.
In the Nintendo DS remake, the spaceships are removed, and the track is much easier. The music is also slightly changed, possessing more high-tech sounds.
Silver Coin ChallengeEdit
- The first coin is in the middle of the track following the first left-hand turn.
- The second coin is on the left side of the curve in the laser area.
- The third coin is on the right side of the tunnel, after the dash panel.
- The fourth coin is in the middle of the road after exiting the tunnel.
- The fifth coin is in between the two craters.
- The sixth coin is on the left side of the corkscrew section, just as it begins.
- The seventh coin is at the entrance of the first loop.
- The eighth coin is at the entrance of the second loop.
Adventure Two modeEdit
- On the left side of the track, just in front of the first Zipper.
- On the right side of the track, on the corner in between the two tunnels.
- On the left side of the track, just in front of the second Zipper.
- In the middle of the track, just before the first crater.
- On the left side of the track, just in front of the third Zipper.
- On the right side of the track, just in front of the fourth Zipper.
- On the left side of the track, just in front of the first loop the loop section.
- On the left side of the track, in the tunnel in between the two loop the loop sections.
Diddy Kong Racing DS map (zoomed out)
Names in other languagesEdit
- This course's theme is one of the two tracks that is randomly played in the end credits, the other being Crescent Island's theme.