Time Attack (Mario Party 9)
Time Attack is a Minigame Mode in Mario Party 9. It is a single player mode. The objective of this mode is to beat the ten given minigames in the quickest amount of time, while earning Challenge Bonuses from completing the Bonus Objectives in each minigame. Earning a Challenge Bonus will cut three seconds off the player's completion time for that minigame.
Example: Minigame - Bonus Objective
- Snow Go - Use the dash ramp on every lap!
- Jigsaw Jumble - Only place correct pieces!
- Peak Precision - Only press the correct buttons!
- Speeding Bullets - Pass over every dash zone!
- Chain Event - Don't hit more than one Spiked Ball!
- Ballistic Beach - Hit all the targets in 10 shots or fewer.
- Upward Mobility - Reach the top without jumping on the same block twice!
- Pizza Me, Mario - Don't make any mistakes when tossing toppings on the pizza!
- Flinger Painting - Cover 90% or more of the canvas using 10 shots or fewer!
- Pit or Platter - Complete the game without dropping the ball!
Some minigames are modified for one player use. While minigames like Peak Precision, Jigsaw Jumble, and Upward Mobility, Speeding Bullets, and Chain Event stay the same, Snow Go now takes ten laps to finish, Ballistic Beach now has five targets, Pizza Me, Mario must be beaten using every topping, and Flinger Painting and Pit or Platter will end when a certain number (90% and 100, respectively) has been reached.
This is the record of staff, it is available in Museum for 100 points.
- Snow Go - 00:37:76
- Jigsaw Jumble - 00:20:58
- Peak Precision - 00:07:21
- Speeding Bullets - 00:27:92
- Chain Event - 00:22:41
- Ballistic Beach - 00:31:01
- Upward Mobility - 00:21:50
- Pizza Me, Mario - 00:52:20
- Flinger Painting - 00:15:93
- Pit or Platter - 00:31:91
Challenge Bonus: -00:30:00
Total time: 03:58:43
"Clear 10 minigames as fast as you can! Try to beat your best time!"
Names in other languages
|Spanish (NOE)||Descenso contrarreloj||Time trial descent|
- Besides Boss Rush, this is the only Minigame Mode in Mario Party 9 to have a set number and types of minigames, although the player can choose which order to play the minigames in Time Attack.
- This minigame mode behaves similarly to a minigame mode in Mario Party: Island Tour which also falls under the same name. In both, ten minigames are played through for the fastest time and bonus objectives successfully completed reduce the total time by three seconds. The only two differences are that the minigames can be made in a custom order and there are unlockable records for the mode, instead of default ones.