Is Fawful really a Toady ? In the other evrsions of the game, it's never said. Fawful don't really looks like a Toady and so this is most likely an error of the translators. Shouldn't we delete this or most likely adding it to the trivia ? Koopalmier 13:51, 29 January 2009 (EST)
No he isn't.
Regarding the origin of Fawfuls name: Is it not likely that the name itself is a portmaneau of 'Guffaw' and 'Awful', as opposed to just being based solely on the word 'awful'? Given the fact that the majority of locations and denizens of the BeanBean Kingdom follow suit (including Cackletta), I'd say the connection to 'Guffaw' was more than likely intended.
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Gerageragera (talk).
As to the question at the top Fawful is indeed a toady it clearly states in the info box he is a species of beanish toady so yes he is a toady. --Count b 20:07, 13 February 2009 (EST)Count b
- Well, the species info was based on one quote from Superstar Saga, in which Fawful says "Which means that all this time, I am Fawful, who is just a toady! Such working, all for others!" Given the nature of this quote (and the whole speech, which was a roundabout way for Fawful to express that he'd accomplished a lot for an underling) and the lack of capitalization on "toady," I personally think the script-writer(s) intended for us to interpret the word as a synonym for sycophant rather than a proper species name. Considering the similarities Fawful shares with the Toady species (they're both short, cloaked creatures with head-mounted flight devices), though, it might be speculative to take one side in-article, although I do think we should at least note that Fawful's species is debatable. YELLOWYOSHI398
- Actually, toady is never capitalized in the narration of Yoshi's Island either (or at least not in the Super Mario Advance 3 version). But I do agree that Fawful is more like a Bean than a Toady, and that the many similarities should still be noted. - Walkazo 21:36, 13 February 2009 (EST)
This is unrelated but souldnt Fawful be a major antagonist now that he is a main boss --Dark boo 22:41, 20 February 2009 (EST)Dark boo
Ha, oh, I should have checked this page before making my edit. Oh well, guess I'll just defend myself now. I removed the toady bit from Fawful's species box, as we don't know for sure. Unless we know, it shouldn't be purported as fact. Additionally, the quote cited really does lean more towards the traditional meaning of the word, so it hardly supports what was being claimed. That said, since I don't know that he isn't a Toady, I left the section near the bottom of the article. It's presented as a possibility and notes that we don't know. I think this is important and the best way to present the information. ~ Joshi 03:27, 24 April 2009 (EDT)
My dictionary says that a toady is a person who does distasteful or unprincipled things in order to gain favor. So the toady part she be gone.
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Fawfulfury65 (talk). He is a toadie for sure YoshiMonsta (talk)
a toady is a henchman and fawful is cackletta's funny,cool,awsome,classical henchman Fawfulsmile123 (talk) 19:47, 26 March 2014 (EDT)
In order not to immediately have this deleted, I will post here before editing. I somewhat disagree with the inclusion of the "physically weak" sentence under "Powers and Abilities". This is uneeded as Fawful basically pretended when Peasley struck him, and what "killed" Fawful was the falling out of the top of a castle elevated 4,000 meters off the ground. Without his mecha in battle, he had relatively high HP. Maybe this was too much to write for one sentence. 0_0 Para Yoshi Wahoo! 22:00, 2 March 2009 (EST)
- Well, there's the scene in MLRPG3 where he practically collapses while carrying Peach, but then, so would I. - 2257(Talk) 22:12, 2 March 2009 (EST)
Fawful has high HP but not too much defence or power. In the first M&LSS battle he has 30HP, (highest so far) but has 0 defence and attacks that range from 1 damage to 2 damage. In his last battle in M&LSS he has 400 HP, but attacks that only do 50 to 100 max. In M&L RPG 3!!! He has 1,500 HP, but has weak attacks, and in the final battle his body parts have at least 100 HP each. That's 700 HP. I suppose you could say he can take a lot (e.g., falling 4,000 meters) but is relatively weak when it comes to power, which is why he is always aided by machines. Hyper Guy (talk)
Perhaps Fawful is a perfectionist and plans to perfect himself with mechanics and power sources...?
- This is a Mario game so this stuff can happen to about any of the characters, also physical stature isn't somwthing to take seriously when it comes to a Mario game. - Cubeguy(talk)
Gritzy Desert comment
He mentions in PiT that you should go up to the top of the castle before going to Gritzy Desert. Does this actually get you anything or is it just a cutscene?
The preceding unsigned comment was added by SkyPrower (talk).
Could someone put a photo gallery in this article? I think Fawful has been in enough games to have a bunch of pictures and I'm trying to someday make this a featured article.--Fawfulfury65 16:51, 1 July 2009 (EDT)fawfulfury65
- Actually, there really hasn't been enough official artworks of Fawful released to justify making a gallery. Our hands are tied on this one, sorry. - Walkazo 17:34, 1 July 2009 (EDT)
I think he does.--fawfulfury65 15:21, 8 July 2009 (EDT)fawfulfury65
Correct, I translated it. Kaleb12 21:07, 19 January 2010 (EST)
Couldn't we put up a better quote for Fawful at the beginning of the page? I mean, why not one of his food metaphors or something that will describe Fawful's personality more? fawfulfury65
-Response by The Commodore
Well, by all means, I put his mustard monologue in the quote section, and he's way more well known for his rants of mustard.
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Commodore Pierrot (talk).
Just about any character or thing that is in a group/organization with Fawful would be an affiliation, so go ahead, add it!(: fawfulfury65
Nothing to do with M&L 3
Say... For some reason I can remember the final boss theme (it was either the Bowletta one or the final) playing in the Japanese version of Superstar Saga in the Fawful fight? Or am I just imagining things? Somebody check for me! (I don't have my Japanese version anymore) Hyper Guy Mah Boi, let's talk!
- This music is nowhere to be found in the JAP ROM files of Mario & Luigi RPG thus I suppose you're imagining things. Koopalmier 18:15, 29 October 2009 (EDT)
- It was actually Cackletta's first battle theme from when you fight her in Woohoo Hooniversity that you're thinking of. That theme was composed for both Cackletta and Fawful, implementing both of their themes from the game, but the international localisation changed it to Popple's theme (which was composed for Popple, by the way, not Fawful). ~Harpesian
In the european game of Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga Fawful's name it's Esbirro Jijí, However in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time and Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story he's called Fawful and in America he always was Fawful.--MATEOELBACAN 18:49, 24 September 2009 (EDT)
Couldn't we make a section called "appearances of Fawful" in the article because Fawful is wearing something different in every game and then we could also merge the Dark Fawful Bug article into this one? (The dark Fawful Bug article has been requested to be merged into the Fawful one).Fawfulfury65 (talk)
That would be a good idea, considering how he always is different in every game. - User:Shadow34
Yes, and dark fawful should be merged into the section too.User:Mr bones
- Um... actually. I posted that comment a long time ago, and now Dark Fawful has his own article so.... Fawfulfury65
But the Dark Fawful article says that Dark Fawful is the stronger form of Fawful.So Dark Fawful is Fawful upguarded.Which makes Dark Fawful one of Fawful's appearences!I mean, Midbus and Blizzard midbus are in the same article.Count Bonsula I need blood...
- I see what you're trying to say, but the byte size of the page will jump at least another 10000 bytes I'm sure which will cause major lag to some users and it will take longer for the page to load. Also, isn't Giga Bowser the stronger form of Bowser and isn't Fire Mario a stronger form of Mario?--FREAK ~Game Freak~ OUT!
Does Fawful Nessacearily "Die" In M&L 3?
Okay, I know it mentions Fawful having a "death scene" in M&L 3 but I finished the game just recently and I'm not totally sure that he "dies" because while he makes Mario and co. practicaly fly out of Bowser's body, we don't really know what happens to Fawful. For all we know he could still be wandering aimlessly inside Bowser's body (until he discovers the pipe yard or they make a M&L 4 anyway ;).)
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Gamergirl550 (talk).
- Bowser dies all the time, and he's still here. Hello, I'm Time Turner.
- We don't think that he does die. Bowser's deaths weren't necessarily permanent in the past Super Mario Bros. games. So yeah...me and my sis still think that Fawful isn't dead. --Super Wilkins Sisters 20:17, 24 June 2010 (UTC)
Deaths in Mario games are hard to judge since an Italian plumber can drop 10,000ft and not even graze his mustache or the ground. But sometimes characters do die like Cackletta but come back as a ghost or in bowsers case Dry Bowser, simple sometimes and sometimes not, chances are he is in cacklettas position at current story plots that alpha dream has. I hope this helps. - Cubeguy(talk)
He exploded in Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga Fawful's Minion
- Probably, unless someone is willing to go through and fix the errors. Its probably pretty simple, although I'm very bad at fixing tense errors, so I can't really do much. Fawfulfury65
I'll start on any errors right now. I'll go paragraph by paragraph, and fix anything else... If you want me to fix up some other pages or anything else feel free to spam my talk with requests. :3 GamingGal9 (talk)
It is a possibility that Fawful could have lived. Since his Vacuum Helmet is so high tech then maybe he could have a machine that exploded and caused Him, and everybody else to be sent out to , though he might not have landed on the roof of princess Peach's castle, unlike Mario and Co. User:Wariowab
Can we add put him in the Allies Category? Because he is an ally in Partners in Time. --Yoshidude99 11:43, 2 March 2011 (EST)
- He's not much of an ally, since he still wants to defeat the Mario Bros. The only reason why he helps you is because he doesn't realize you're Mario and Luigi as babies. Fawfulfury65
FAWFUL IS NOT A FREAKIN TOADY
His phrase "Im just a little toady" means that he thinks hes not very crazy. Toady means evil and insane (Seriously, look it up) It has nothing to do with his species. He's obviously Beanish. Plus, nintendo magazine or whatever could have been confuzed the same way and said he was a toady THEY WERE WRONG!!! 18.104.22.168 00:24, 26 January 2013 (EST) ---
Toady is not a reference to a toad, or his species. It means a minion. He was Cackletta's minion for a short period of time. -skylodawg(SkyloLovesFawful)
a toady means someone who helps a powerful person to get their goal done
Too much Quotes...
Am I the only one that's thinking that Fawful has a little bit too much quotes
- Actually he has hair in all 3 games he is in. Also he doesnt lay much of a big role in Partners in Time so it doesnt matter that much that theres not a proper image. Also why are you concerned with this, why am i answering this, probably out of kindness, why havn't i just straight up removed it. STOP PLAYING MIND GAMES!!! What your not.....oh. - Cubeguy(talk)
fawful and dimento are similar?
I HAVE CHORTLES! Okay fawful and dimentio are similar because they are insane/crazy but thats not all they first start as the minion of the main antagonist but later in the same game or not take the role of the main antagonist also at the end they turn into a final form gets defeated again but still lives as a head only and still have a chance to defeat the heroes plus they both smile one last time and then self destruct and they are always smiling and while fawful speaks in metaphor dimentio speaks in similie should we add this Fawfulsmile123 (talk) 13:01, 27 March 2014 (EDT)
should like we add this to both of there trivia!
Partners in Time Fawful didn't recognise the babies?
Why is this here? The events of Partners in Time were obviously before the events of Superstar Saga, so Fawful wouldn't have knew Mario & Luigi. Is it ok if we remove this from the page? --Metalex123 (talk) 01:13, 5 July 2014 (EDT)
- Actually, your wrong. Partners in time happened after Superstar Saga. Fawful even mentions the events of superstar saga and expresses his anger toward the adults.
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Toadbrigade5 (talk).
Obviously you havn't played the game, the games majorly set in the past, yes, but fawful isn't in the past he is in the present, as Toadbrigade stated he even mentions the events from superstar saga, but also mentions how the babys remind him of Mario and luigi but believes it to be a coincidence. - Cubeguy(talk)
Mario and Luigi dream team appearance?
- Not unless you have reasoning aside from a slightly similar quote. That is also considered to be speculative opinions. - 08:04, 31 July 2014 (EDT)
Fawful = Popple evidence:
1. In Superstar Saga, Fawful and Popple have the same boss theme.
2. Fawful and Popple both have that weird smile.
3. Fawful and Popple have 5 fingers, unlike the other beanish.
4. Fawful could be in a Zeekeeper costume in Dream Team. Popple is in Dream Team. Would Nintendo have a Zeekeeper say "I have excitement" and let that go to waste?
5. Fawful and Popple are never seen at the same time.
6. Fawful and Popple are both enemies, small, and beanish.
7. Fawful and Popple's names sound alike.
8. In Woohoo Hoonivetsity, when Prince Peasley throws Fawful out, He could possibly enter the basement from outside, knowing the location of the beanstar.
9. In Superstar Saga, Bowser first works with Popple, then with Fawful. When Popple and Bowser fell off the beanstar, Fawful/Popple would have followed bowser and made him Bowletta.
- That's just called a bunch of speculation that doesn't mean anything. If it's not a cold, hard fact that isn't surrounded by people's opinions, then it will not be added and deemed false. - 08:02, 31 July 2014 (EDT)
Five or Four
I'm just informing anyone who cares that I'm going to remove the trivia thing (am I allowed to do that?) regarding the number of fingers Fawful has. Most Beanish people have five fingers, like Toads; it's Cackletta who is the exception. Take Queen Bean, for example, and look at her official artwork: five fingers on each hand. If the trivia thing about the fingers belongs anywhere, it's on Cackletta's article. ~Harpesian
Fawful's design may have been inspired by one of the enemies from an obscure Nintendo game entitled Tomato Adventure, which is also developed by AlphaDream, the same guys behind the Mario & Luigi games. Here's a pic.
- The Superstar Saga article needs the information from Tomato Adventures, it was clearly inspired by it. Ray Trace(T|C) 21:25, 5 October 2015 (EDT)
I'm wondering if 盖拉柯比兹 Gàilākēbǐzī is really an official name for Fawful in Chinese, since the characters 盖 and 兹 are used only in the Simplified Chinese script but iQue hasn't localized any game from the Mario & Luigi series according to the Wikipedia article, so I'm afraid this is an unofficial name used among players in mainland China. A gossip-loving Toad (talk) 08:54, 23 April 2016 (EDT)
- Yeah, you should probably remove that if that's the case. Btw you need to format your sig properly. Ray Trace(T|C) 12:23, 23 April 2016 (EDT)
Please stop adding the deceased category
Why does everyone add the deceased category for this page, unless there is a site by Nintendo or AlphaDream that actually says he's dead don't put it down. You never know he might appear in another Mario game because I think he's still alive so please stop adding the category because that is entering speculation into articles which is a Level 1 Offense, sorry if I sounded too hostile thanks. (talk) (edits) 18:42, 5 June 2016 (EDT)
- I'd argue with you on how Fawful's quotes specifically say he's going out with a bang and that's the end of him, but the main problem is that Category:Deceased is currently mishandled anyway, especially with dealing with fictional, cartoon characters Ray Trace(T|C) 18:46, 5 June 2016 (EDT)
- I don't want to sound rude but on your user page it says you don't have the game so how do you know what he said? (talk) (edits) 19:03, 5 June 2016 (EDT)
- Yes the website that has everything about Mario now I'm going to find a page to edit. (talk) (edits) 19:57, 5 June 2016 (EDT)
- I apologize if I'm intruding on something, but what evidence is there that Fawful is still alive? Between his last words, his exploding onscreen and the form he was in when he was defeated as well as his absence, I'd say that, until proven otherwise, at least say he might be dead or appears to be permanently dead. Under this logic, shouldn't you make similar distinctions for characters like Antasma who "died" under similar circumstances?
The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk).
- Let's see, green, from Beanbean, bean pun name (falafel), laugh pun name (guffaw), huge smile, is there anything suggesting he isn't Beanish? I'm honestly rather baffled by this question. Not everything needs to be explicitly stated. Show. Don't tell. Doc von Schmeltwick (talk) 06:54, April 3, 2019 (EDT)
- This is probably a bit unrelated, but doesn't the fact that he had a shop where you could only buy things with Beans prove it even more? Like, he would have more interest in beans instead of mushroom coins because it's the currency he always had more knowledge in. --Tent2 (talk) 13:08, April 3, 2019 (EDT)