|Appears in||Mario Party DS|
|Music track||Boss Battle|
The minigame's objective is to follow the pattern. The player has five lives, while Hammer Bro has three. Hammer Bro hits four colored drums in a random order with his hammers, then releases a musical note to attack the player. Using the stylus, the player has to play the same drums in order before the musical note hits them. If the player does not hit the same combination in time, they lose a life. If the player manages to play the combination in time, a charged musical note is released and sent to Hammer Bro, hurting him and causing him to lose a life. After Hammer Bro loses all three lives, he is defeated, and the player clears Toadette's Music Room and gains the second Sky Crystal.
Hammer Bro vibrates slightly from the shock of the last strike and collapses to the ground.
When replaying the boss minigame in Free Play, the player can win a reward based on how many times they have beaten this boss.
- First win: Toadette's Chair
- Second win: Toadette's Piano
- Third win: Toadette's Timpani
- Fourth win: Hammer Bro's Hammer
- Fifth win: Beaten Hammer Bro
- – Beat your drums
- Rules – "Memorize the tune that Hammer Bro plays, then repeat it before his music notes strike you."
- Tips – "Even if you hit the wrong drum, you can try again if the music note hasn't reached you yet. Take your time, despite the danger!"
Names in other languages
Taiketsu Hanmā Burosu
|Hammer Bro Showdown|
|French||Mélodie Marteau||Hammer Melody/Crazy Melody|
|German||Im Takt der Hämmer||The beat of the hammers|
|Italian||Tamburi Battenti||Struck Drums|
|Showdown Hammer Bro|
|Spanish||El loco de los timbales||Kettledrum Crazy|