4-Player minigame version
|Appears in||Mario Party DS|
|Music track||They're Neck and Neck|
Players drive on remote-control karts on a toy racetrack, completing the minigame for coming to the finish line at first place in a lap. To accelerate, players must alternate the left and right pedals with the Control Pad and the face buttons, respectively. Some ice slicks appear on the track's curves, where players must pedal more slowly to avoid spinning out and losing time. The player who crosses the finish line first wins. If five minutes pass without anyone reaching the finish line or if both players reach the finish line at the same time in the Duel variant, the minigame ends in a tie. In Score Scuffle, the minigame ends once all players cross the finish line.
If both players get the same score in the Duel variant that breaks the current record, it counts as a new record even though neither player won, as the screen says "Tie" after the "New Record" fanfare. This also applies to the other Duel minigames with a record system.
- (Any direction) – Press left pedal
- (Any button) – Press right pedal
- Rules – "Race to the finish by alternating the pedals. The faster you do so, the faster you'll go."
- Rules (Score Scuffle) – "Race to the finish by alternating the pedals. The faster you do so, the faster you'll go. You'll earn more points the faster you reach the goal."
- Tips – "When you reach a slick area, don't alternate quickly or you'll spin out. Do it slowly until you cross the slick."
Names in other languages
Pedaru de Kāto Rēsu
|Kart Race with the Pedal|
|French||Kart Attaque||Kart Attack|
|Italian||Pedali in Spalla||Back Pedals|
|Korean||페달 밟고 카트 레이스
Pedal bapgo kateu reiseu
|Kart Race Pushing the Pedal|
|Spanish||Autos a pedales||Cars with Pedals|