|Appears in||Mario Party 8|
|Type||Extras Zone minigame|
|Initial record||30 points|
- “The Chain Chomps are hungry today! Go feed them in Chomping Frenzy before they go nuts!”
- —MC Ballyhoo, Mario Party 8
Chomping Frenzy is a single-player minigame that can be played only in the Extras Zone in Mario Party 8. It is available to buy from the Fun Bazaar for 50 Carnival Cards. The minigame's name is a pun on "feeding frenzy."
The player runs up to a food-launching cannon positioned in front of two Chain Chomps inside a barn.
In this minigame, the object is to feed all the Chain Chomps before they become red. The player must throw several out of a variety of items to make the Chain Chomps fall asleep. Each Chain Chomp asks for a specific item, and the correct item must be thrown to be effective. The items include an apple, an orange, a banana, a cherry, and a bone. As the player progresses, every stage has more Chain Chomps. If any one of the Chain Chomps turns completely red, it jumps forward, knocks the cannon out of the way, and attacks the player, ending the minigame.
- Wii Remote: Move targeting cursor
- – Change food
- / – Launch food
- Rules – "Feed each Chain Chomp the kind of food it's craving! Feed 'em enough and they'll fall asleep!"
- Hint – "As you advance, each stage will have more Chain Chomps. Go as far as you can!"
Names in other languages
O Nedari Wanwan
|Scrounge Chain Chomp|
|French||Cage aux Chomp||Chomp Cage|
|German||Wählerischer Wauwau||Selective Chain Chomp|
|Italian||Categnacci Voraci||Ravenous Chain Chomps|
|Putting the Chain Chomp to Sleep|
|Spanish||Chomp desbocado||Loose Chomp|