2-vs.-2 minigame version
|Appears in||Mario Party 8|
|Type||2-vs.-2 minigame |
|Music track||Chase and Overtake|
Bumper Balloons is a 2-vs.-2 and Duel minigame found in Mario Party 8. Its name is a pun on "bumper cars." This minigame takes place in a similar setting to Kartastrophe, albeit on a differently shaped track more fit for battles.
The camera focuses in on each team/player before zooming out to show the entire driving area, at which point the minigame begins.
Players must hold the Wii Remote sideways to play this minigame. The objective for the player is to pop all of their team/own color's balloons before the opposing team/player can pop its/theirs. To pop a balloon, a player must simply drive into it. The player must be careful not to pop the other team's/player's balloons. Whichever team/player has all its/their balloons popped first wins the minigame.
The vehicles are parked in the center of the track, and winners do victory poses while losers do losing poses.
- Wii Remote: Turn steering wheel
- – Accelerate
- – Decelerate/reverse
- Rules (2-vs.-2) – "You and your teammate must pop balloons that match your team color before your rivals pop theirs first!"
- Rules (Duel) – "Pop balloons that match your car's color before your rival succeeds in doing so!"
- Hint (2-vs.-2) – "Watch where you're driving. Don't accidentally pop the other team's balloons!"
- Hint (Duel) – "Watch where you're driving. Don't accidentally pop your opponent's balloons!"
Names in other languages
Kāto de fūsen wari
|Kart Balloon Popping|
|German||Ramm-die-Ballons||Ramming the Balloons|
|Italian||Carambola di Palloncini||Balloon Carom|
|Korean||카트로 풍선 터뜨리기
Kateulo Pungseon Teotteuligi
|Popping Balloons With a Kart|
- The garage contains objects such as tires and crates, which are never seen in-game since the garage door never opens.