Thrash 'n' Crash
|Thrash 'n' Crash|
|Appears in||Mario Party 8|
|Time limit||30 seconds|
|Music track||All Messed Up|
The team players ride in on skateboards, while the solo player follows them in a flying vehicle.
The trio rides skateboards down a lane and must turn forward, backward, left, or right to move and avoid traps. The solo player, riding a flying vehicle behind the trio, activates traps by pointing at them on the screen and pressing or . The traps include tumbling barrels, Bullet Bills, and giant rolling wheels; walls and Whomps also act as obstacles. Players who run into traps and obstacles are eliminated. The solo player wins if they eliminate all the team players. The team players win if at least one of them survives for 30 seconds.
Below is a list of all the obstacles that the team must avoid:
- Stack of barrels – When activated, the barrels fall over and act as a wall for the team.
- Pipes – When one is activated, it fires a slow-moving Bullet Bill that explodes when it hits a team member.
- Wheels – When activated, they roll to the opposite side at a faster speed than a Bullet Bill. Wheels are capable of hitting multiple opponents unlike Bullet Bills.
- Whomps – These stand in the way and act as walls. They cannot be activated by the solo player.
If the group players win, they ride under a bridge that the solo player stops and does their losing pose at, and perform small victory poses. If the solo player wins, they float past the gate, leaving the trio behind, and perform a victory pose.
- Wii Remote: Use the Pointer to move the cursor.
- / – Activate trap
- Wii Remote
- Move ahead/back
- Move left/right
- Buttons: None
- Rules – "Three players try to survive a booby-trapped skateboard course. The solo player shoots traps to activate 'em!"
- Hint – "Looking for booby traps? Watch your cursor's color! On the run? Teamwork tip: Stay separated!"
Names in other languages
Sukebō de kakenukero
|Run Through on a Skateboard|
|French||Pièges en Skate||Skateboard Traps|
|Skateboard Here and There|
|Spanish||Circuito truncado||Truncated Circuit|
- If one of the veteran playable characters wins as the solo player, they will perform one of their small victory poses from the GameCube-era Mario Party games (with Mario's and Luigi's being slightly different) instead of the new ones they received in this game. Blooper and Hammer Bro will perform a different victory pose as opposed to their normal ones. This is also the case in Surf's Way Up.