Talk:White Shy Guy
I always thought the White Shy Guy was acharacter. One only appears at a time. - User: Ultimatetoad
I think your right, only one White Shy Guy is seen at a time, maybe it is an actual character. -- Sir Grodus
BUT no White Shy Guys appear at the same time. Plenty of different Goombas and Koopas appear at the same time. - User: Ultimatetoad
- I sort of think that he's/they're an individual character, too. The manual says "You have not seen too much of him before" and persistently calls him a "he" rather than a "them". --YellowYoshi398 19:55, 6 February 2007 (EST)
A white shy guy can revive Black and White Yoshi. You have to finish the game with white or black Yoshi for a white shy guy to revive them. But you have to do it before you finish the game with them or you will have to find them again.
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Tails777 (talk).
That seems strange for the manual of the game call the White Shy Guy a "he". That probably happens with the Mario enemies on the instruction booklet of Super Mario Bros.. Besides the Cheep-Cheep is called a "she". IceShadow talk · edits) 13:09, 11 July 2012 (EDT) 23:05, 10 July 2012 (EDT)
|This talk page or section has a conflict or a question that needs to be answered. Please try to help and resolve the issue by leaving a comment.|
This page currently covers all instances off white-colored Shies in the franchise, which is inconsistent with how we do the rest (except Black, which also needs cleaning up). I think that most items on here are generic enough (and pretty much equal with other colors in their respective games) to be merged to Shy Guy, just leaving behind the ally Shy Guy in Yoshi's Story. Any objections? Doc von Schmeltwick (talk) 01:43, April 22, 2019 (EDT)
- Sounds good to me. Niiue - Who has lost his tail? 01:47, April 22, 2019 (EDT)
Remove non-Yoshi's Story information
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
See above. In Yoshi's Story, this is a distinct ally entity. In the rest, it's treated equally to any other color of Shy Guy (or even worse, just be a variant that happens to wear white).
- Doc von Schmeltwick (talk) Per above
- Power Flotzo (talk) Per proposal.
- Niiue (talk) Per proposal.
- Obsessive Mario Fan (talk) Per all.
- TheDarkStar (talk) - Per all.
- LinkTheLefty (talk) There's excess information since white Shy Guys are a color variant most of the time, though my suggestion is to use an identifier since it'll probably be better in the long run.
Oh boy, do we need a "Shy Guy (species)" page? We have every other color of Yoshi pointed to Yoshi (species), even if some are distinct characters. 11:15, February 12, 2020 (EST)
- The main Shy Guy article is already the species article though. LinkTheLefty (talk) 11:00, February 16, 2020 (EST)
Also: while the White Shy Guy is most notable for acting like an "ally entity" in Yoshi's Story, you can have more than one on-screen (and the Nintendo Power guide refers to them in plural at least once, on page 17), suggesting that it's not one character. I do kind of worry that a casual reader would look at the separate White Shy Guy article and wonder why other white-colored Shy Guys are not mentioned. Perhaps a full merge would be better? Same with the game's Black Shy Guy. LinkTheLefty (talk) 08:10, February 18, 2020 (EST)
- That may be something to consider for the future, but it's such a role difference that it would be a bit odd for, say, piping on templates and just organization on the page in general. As for the rest, there'd be an about template. Doc von Schmeltwick (talk) 20:27, February 18, 2020 (EST)
- Then if everything except Yoshi's Story content is trimmed from the article, would you add a Yoshi's Story identifier (same question if Anti Guy merges into a Paper Mario series-specific Black Shy Guy)? LinkTheLefty (talk) 07:20, February 22, 2020 (EST)