This is a featured article!
It represents the best of the best that the Super Mario Wiki has produced. If there are any edits that will improve the article's quality even further, make them.
|Edit the article · add to discussion (new section) · FA page|
Does anybody know when will the price drop for wii?--Fg 20:44, 27 January 2007 (EST)
- Probably not for a while. I mean, it was released only a couple of months ago. And this conversation is more appropriate for the forum, not the wiki. -- Son of Suns
- Alright, I won't do it again. --Bentendo 17:01, 29 March 2007 (EDT)
- I'd do it now if it's weren't two in the morning :P SaltyTalk! 03:11, 18 June 2007 (EDT)
It probably won't be a while until someone notices I put somthing here, but oh well. I have a feeling that the Wii page has a lot of non-Mario related stuff. The stuff about all the channels(Forecast, News, etc) could be shortened, and do we really need the big Wii Sports section? Marcelagus (T • C • E)
- Heh... this page is on my watchlist for some reason. Yeah, we really shouldn't be focusing so much on non-Mario things. Wii Sports is completely separate and might only deserve a mention, if that. Stumpers! 20:29, 13 April 2008 (EDT)
How many bits does the Wii have? Lewa159 13:39, 23 July 2008 (EDT)
I think it 128 bit Grapes
- That was the GameCube. Stumpers! 21:51, 11 October 2008 (EDT)
- Really? (Well the wikipedia are liers.) Grapes
The Wii and all systems in its generation are no longer measured in bits. Instead, they use MHz (Megahertz). The "Broadway" (the ones in Japan I believe) model use 729 MHz while the "hollywood" (the ones you guys most likely have, ones released outside of Japan) model has 243 MHz. Does that answer your question? Knife (talk) 20:48, 24 October 2008 (EDT)
Nintendo Wii or just Wii?
I think we should move this to "Nintendo Wii". If we just called it Wii, then we would have to move Nintendo DS to "DS" and Nintendo GameCube to "GameCube", well, you see where i'm getting at. Any thoughts? uper-Yoshi
- The Wii was never officially titled the "Nintendo Wii" to the best of my knowledge. Even Wikipedia states that it's just "Wii". If there is proof of it being called "Nintendo Wii" though, by all means, let's move it to that title. — Stooben Rooben 18:05, 21 December 2008 (EST)
Chinese release date
internet channel for FREE (again)
I don't know if it's judt in my region or that the price of the Wii internet channel has dropped down to an amazing 0 points!!!! So before I edit the article I need to know if it happened in other regions as well
It's PAL (Europe & south Africa)
In WarioWare: D.I.Y. Dr. Crygor is using a Wii in the intro. --Mr. 8-bit 00:07, 19 October 2010 (UTC)
Where's the Check Mii Out Channel
I haven't seen anything about this in the list of wii channels can someone do something about this. User:Jjrapper100
Wii's bit number
I think it's 32 because:
- Your PC's bit number can be detected by the CPU it uses
- Wii's CPU is Broadway
- Broadway's bit number is 32
No guys. It is 32 bits. Nintendo has always used 32 bit CPUs in its home consoles since the Nintendo 64 (Which only rarely uses the 64 bit operations of which it is capable, because they are slower than equivalent 32 bit operations). When a processor is described as 8 bit, 16 bit, 32 bit, etc, it means that the processor register is that many bits wide. This is not the a good predictor of system performance because:
- Not all 32 bit processors are equivalent.
- Not all 64 bit processors are superior to 32 bit processors.
- Processor performance is not always proportional to overall system performance.
Describing an entire console as being so‐many‐bits is a pretty meaningless thing to do. Essentially, it's advertising rhetoric that got popular in the ’90s. The reality of the system's specifications is far too complicated to boil down to a single number. Honestly, it should be removed from the template altogether. - 2257(Talk) 01:12, 23 March 2011 (EDT)
- Also, 128 bit processors are still very much a nascent technology. To the best of my knowledge 256 bit processors do not even really exist yet. I'm not even sure what you'd want one for. Do numbers like ±5.79 e+76 have any serious application in video gaming? I sure can't think of one. - 2257(Talk) 01:21, 23 March 2011 (EDT)
- This doesn't need to be protected in my opinion. Since Plumber690 is blocked I think we can unprotect the page now? Kaptain K. Rool
Nintendo's next home console
I think its name is Wii 2 take a look: http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/04/21/ign-daily-fix-042111 Birdobeauties
- The codename is Project Cafe. It's been confirmed by Miyamoto, through he didn't like to give lots of details about it. We should make an article for it, perhaps. --Mario Fan 123 - Mario's craazy fan! 17:44, 23 April 2011 (EDT)
Move to Nintendo Wii
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
DO NOT MOVE 1-15
- Goomba's Shoe15 (talk) The other systems we acctualy called Nintendo Gamecube or the Nintendo 64 the Wii on the other hand has never been called the Nintendo Wii by Nintendo and is marketed as the Wii i believe
- Zero777 (talk) Per Goomba's Shoe15.
- Toad85 (talk) Nintendo said itself that the Wii would not be called "Nintendo Wii" by anyone but the fans, and maybe a slip-up by a third party developer. Per all.
- SWFlash (talk) Per Goomba's Shoe15.
- J991 (talk) No real reason to move it.
- Mario4Ever (talk) Per GS15.
- WikiofSmash (talk) Per Goomba's Shoe15
- BabyLuigiOnFire (talk) The only thing the name Nintendo Wii would serve is as a redirect. If it were called Wii by Nintendo, so be it (and it is called Wii by Nintendo). Per all.
- Magikrazy51 (talk) I'll per that red guy! The Iggykoopa is the smart one!
- Walkazo (talk) - Per all.
- ThirdMarioBro (talk) Per GS15, and I also checked the boxart on some of my games to verify this.
- Jjrapper100 (talk) Per all it really bugs me.
- mario Bros.! (talk) per all...
- Reddragon19k (talk) Per everyone!
- Bowser's luma (talk) Per Goomba's shoe.
The proposer is the only user with a positive point of view on this topic. I think the proposer should come to a conclusion early. JBSunshine
- It's actually better if proposals run their course: being cancelled gives them less strength if the issue is ever brought up for discussion again, and unless a TPP's in the way of something, there's no harm in letting them stick around for the full two weeks. - Walkazo 23:54, 6 August 2011 (EDT)
- Touche. JBSunshine
My teacher has a pink one. Should we mention that the board can be pink?
Did the Wii discontinue in amercia? Kingfawful4321
- Since there are a few future releases here, it's not yet discontinued. Bazooka Mario BadaBoom! 23:29, 29 March 2013 (EDT)
- Don't we already have that image somewhere?
I'm pretty sure the Forecast Channel is discontinued. I'm not sure as of when but when I try to go on it, it said that the Forecast Channel will not be providing its service or something like that. YoshiAwsumness (talk) 20:47, 9 December 2013 (EST)
- Yeah, most of the channels were discontinued a while ago.
Do we really need to know that?
"The Wii is currently the easiest nintendo console to hack."
Are Wii U games playable on the Wii?
Are Wii U games playable on a Wii? If not, this would make Mario Party 10 one of three games in the series not to be playable on the Wii (the other two are MP1 and MP3). Mario Party 2 is on the Virtual Console, 4 through 7 are playable due to the console's backwards compatibility with the GameCube, and 8 and 9 are Wii games. 18.104.22.168 20:51, 4 February 2016 (EST)
- No, Wii U games are not playable on the Wii, but Wii games can be playable on the Wii U. Not only MP10, MP1 and MP3, what about Mario Party Advance, Mario Party DS, Mario Party: Island Tour for the 3DS. Too much games that are not playable on Wii to make a trivia.--(TALK) 21:05, 4 February 2016 (EST)
- That information is found here. 17:31, May 14, 2020 (EDT)
What kind of media does it want?
It says the article wants media attached to it, but what kind of media exactly? Does it want trailers for the wii or gameplay of some of the wii games or a video of E3 2005 where it was publically announced or something? User:Somethingone 8:10, March 25th, 2021 (EST)