Flying Squirrel Ovation
- This article is about Flying Squirrel Ovation, a level in New Super Luigi U. For other uses, see Superstar Road-9.
|Flying Squirrel Ovation|
|Level code||World 9-9|
|Game||New Super Luigi U|
|Time limit||100 seconds|
|<< Directory of levels >>|
Flying Squirrel Ovation, or Superstar Road-9, is the final level of Superstar Road in New Super Luigi U, as well as the final level in the game. It is unlocked when the player collects every Star Coin in Superstar Road.
At first, the player starts out on a large platform of Brick Blocks with four ? Blocks on above, all containing Super Acorns. Once all of them are collected, the bricks start to fall away, leaving floating platforms underneath, which soon fall away as well. The player must then fly down through the level, avoiding Waddlewings and collecting masses of Coins which appear. Then, the player will come to a pipe that leads to the Goal Pole as well as a cardboard cutout of Luigi.
- Star Coin 1: The first star coin is located in a rotating circular formation of Brick Blocks.
- Star Coin 2: The second star coin is found floating between a row of Waddlewings and circles of coins.
- Star Coin 3: The third star coin is located behind a cloud, and falls down once the player gets near it.
A giant 8-bit Luigi is visible in the background before the exit pipe. After the pipe, there is a cardboard cutout of Luigi riding on Yoshi, with a hole where Luigi's face is for the characters to stick their faces through. This is the only level with two Luigi sightings.
Names in other languages
Musasabi de Hakushu Kassai
|Clap and Cheer with Flying Squirrel|
Fēishǔ Pāishǒu Hècǎi
|Flying Squirrels Clap and Cheer|
|Italian||Applausi in volo||Cheers in flight|
|Flying Squirrel and Applause|
|Portuguese||Aplausos para o Esquilo-Voador||Applauses for the Flying Squirrel|
|Spanish||¡Un aplauso!||A Round of Applause!|
- This is the only level in the Wii U version of the game in which Nabbit is not playable in the single-player mode after entering the level while holding ( on the Wii Remote). Instead, the player becomes a Mii with Luigi's outfit, making this the only level where they are playable. This is because Nabbit cannot use the Flying Squirrel power-up, which is necessary to complete the level (unless the player uses multiple Ground Pound cancel twirls to air stall, though extremely difficult), as it automatically scrolls down, and the player loses a life if they go down too far.
- This is the only level which set in a completely different background, tileset and music from its New Super Mario Bros. U counterpart (in this case, Follow That Shell!), as the level uses Frosted Glacier's overworld background and tileset, and the bonus area music, as opposed to The Mighty Cannonship/All Aboard!'s background, a recolored version of Meringue Clouds' overworld tileset, and the athletic music.