World 4-3 (New Super Mario Bros. 2)
|Game||New Super Mario Bros. 2|
|Time limit||400 seconds|
|Coin Rush limit||100 seconds|
|<< Directory of levels >>|
World 4-3 is the third standard level of World 4 in New Super Mario Bros. 2. The level contains many Piranha Plants and has a background that is very reminiscent of Donut Plains from Super Mario World. The player can manipulate the slopes to Slope Slide and gain great speed.
The level begins with Mario on icy floor in front of a gap with a Piranha Plant. There is a Koopa Troopa above a set of blocks, with the ? Block containing a Fire Flower. Right after is a Gold Ring. Following that is an icy slope with many Goombas and Piranha Plants. After the slope there is a Red Ring, which causes Red Coins to parachute down. There are also several gaps on the ground which are full of Piranha Plants. The Checkpoint Flag can then be found. Another Fire Flower can then be found in a ? Block. More Piranha Plants can be found. Mario then has to climb up several icy platforms in the air to a high ice cliff. A P Switch can be found here, where Mario can collect blue coins by sliding down another slope, avoiding Piranha Plants and a Big Piranha Plant. Then, a ice staircase can be found, followed by the Goal Pole.
- Star Coin 1: At the beginning of the level, the player can use the Koopa on the blocks and throw it down the slope, catching up with it until a Brick Block covering the entrance to the Star Coin is destroyed. Then Mario can run and crouch to reach the Star Coin.
- Star Coin 2: This Star Coin is in the air just after the checkpoint and can be reached with a running jump, avoiding the Piranha Plants.
- Star Coin 3: After the P Switch, when sliding down the slope, the player should see a ledge somewhere above the first part of the slope, before any Piranha Plants. Mario should go up to the ledge to find the Star Coin high above which can be reached easily.
- Piranha Plants (20 grounded)
- Koopa Troopa (1 red)
- Big Piranha Plants (2)
- Goombas (8)
- It is easy to collect about 500 coins by being Gold Mario and touching the Gold Ring and throwing the shell and following it.