World 2-B (New Super Mario Bros. 2)
|Game||New Super Mario Bros. 2|
|Time limit||400 seconds|
|Coin Rush limit||100 seconds|
|<< Directory of levels >>|
World 2-B is the second secret level of World 2 in New Super Mario Bros. 2. This level is filled with Para-bombs from the sky and from cannons. There are also small hills on the desert floor which, when destroyed with a Bob-omb, will release items such as coins. Pokeys are also common here.
To unlock this level, the player needs to locate the secret goal in World 2-.
Mario begins on the desert next to a pool of quicksand, where a Para-bomb parachutes down to several ? Blocks containing a Fire Flower. A Pokey can then be found on a platform in-between quicksand pools with orange platforms above it, where another Bob-omb falls. More Bob-ombs and Pokeys can be found, along with another ? Block containing a Fire Flower. Cannons then begin to appear on a structure. This is followed by the Checkpoint Flag and ? Blocks containing a coin and a Fire Flower. There is a ? Switch in the middle Brick Block above the next cannon which makes two Roulette Coin Blocks appear for a limited time. More cannons follow, along with a Pokey. A Red Ring can be found on several orange platforms that follow, which causes eight Red Coins to parachute down along with Para-bombs. Three more cannons come after that, followed by the Goal Pole.
Completing this level unlocks World 2-Castle, skipping World 2-4 and World 2-5.
- Star Coin 1: When Mario comes across the first cannons, the player will be able to see the Star Coin enclosed in several blocks. The player needs to blow up the surrounding blocks using Bob-ombs to make a path to the Star Coin.
- Star Coin 2: Just after the checkpoint, there is a pool of quicksand with coins in it. The player needs to let Mario sink into the quicksand to enter a secret area with a small hill. Bob-ombs will be shot out by a cannon. The player needs to use the cannons to blow up the volcano's red crust in the area to reveal the Star Coin and a fountain of coins.
- Star Coin 3: This is located above the first Pokey after the checkpoint. The player has to jump off Bob-ombs that are shot out by cannons when they are at their highest possible point to reach the coin. The best way to do this is to let Mario stand on either cannon (making sure that he does not activate it beforehand), observe the pattern of shooting and leap to a Bob-omb at the right time to reach the Star Coin.
- Bob-ombs (8, excluding the ones shot from cannons, comes from Para-bombs)
- Para-bombs (8, excluding the Para-bombs shot from cannons)
- Pokeys (5)