World 1-1 (New Super Mario Bros. 2)
|Game||New Super Mario Bros. 2|
|Time limit||500 seconds|
|Coin Rush limit||50 seconds|
|<< Directory of levels >>|
World 1-1 is the first level of World 1 in New Super Mario Bros. 2. It is a very basic level filled with common enemies like Goombas and Koopa Troopas. In Coin Rush, this is the only stage out of all the main game stages available in which the player does not start with 100 seconds, starting with 50 instead.
The level starts off with a ? Block containing a coin, followed by a Goomba. Ahead, there is a stack of colored blocks with two sets of ? Blocks, the latter containing a Fire Flower. Moving on, there is a row of Note Blocks over an abyss. The following rectangular ? Block contains a Fire Flower. A three Goomba tall Goomba Tower then follows, with a pair of Brick Blocks with a hidden Beanstalk above, that will lead to a little area with coins and a block with a 1-Up Mushroom. A green Koopa Troopa and another stack of colored blocks can be found. Above this set sits a lone Brick Block which can turn into a Gold Block when hit several times. The pit leads to an underground area with Goombas and a Roulette Coin Block. In the main area, more Note Blocks follow, then the Checkpoint Flag. Another Goomba Tower and a stack of colored blocks follow, where the player can get a Fire Flower. Another row of Note Blocks then appear. Immediately after that, the player should be able to see a Brick Block on the ground, covering a hole. Ground Pounding it will release some coins and turn into a Gold Block. Upon obtaining the Gold Block, the player falls into the hole into a secret cave, sliding down the slope and defeating four Goombas. In the cave, the first Roulette Coin Block can be seen. Back in the overworld, there is a Goomba Tower. Right before the final set of note blocks, the player will see a brick block and a green pipe. Back on the ground, there is a stack of colored blocks, another Goomba Tower which is eight Goombas tall, and finally, the Goal Pole.
- Star Coin 1: The first Star Coin is located above the first set of Note Blocks. It can be obtained by using the Brick Blocks as a platform.
- Star Coin 2: This Star Coin is located over the first set of Note Blocks after the checkpoint, encased in Brick Blocks. Super Mario can break the blocks and obtain the Star Coin. A 'fountain' of coins will come out of the abyss below upon obtaining it.
- Star Coin 3: The player should enter the first pipe after the Checkpoint Flag and they will be shot up to a Coin Heaven area. They should then follow the path of coins until the Star Coin is in sight.
|Goomba||25 (including 17 from stacks)|
(3 stacks of 3,
1 stack of 8)
|Green Koopa Troopa||1|
|Red Koopa Troopa||2|
- In Gold Classics Pack's Third Course, there is a red pipe in the World 1-4 area that leads up to this level, with most Brick Blocks changed into Gold Blocks.
- A lot of extra lives and coins can be earned through equipping a Gold Flower and going to the end of the level. Instead of ground pounding the large Goomba stack, the player has to jump normally onto the stack and kill all of the Goombas but the bottom one. The player then has to go left until the lone Goomba is off the screen. When they go back, the whole tower will have respawned.