World 4-2 (New Super Mario Bros. 2)
|Game||New Super Mario Bros. 2|
|Time limit||400 seconds|
|Coin Rush limit||100 seconds|
|<< Directory of levels >>|
World 4-2 is the second level of World 4 in New Super Mario Bros. 2. It is an icy level which is heavily occupied by many Christmas-like trees that expand with colorful decorations. The level has many Koopa Troopas that patrol the foreground and Piranha Plants which attack from the Warp Pipes scattered throughout the course.
Mario begins in front of several Koopa Troopas and ? Blocks, one of them with a Fire Flower in it, A Warp Pipe with a Piranha Plant can be found, followed by more Koopas. A multi-coin Brick Block can be found here. Following this is a very tall pipe with a Piranha Plant. More Koopas can be found on a hilly area. Another tall pipe can be found, followed by more Koopas and more Piranha Plants along the way. Following that is a Roulette Coin Block. More pipes with Piranha Plants as well as Koopas can be found right after. Not far away is the Checkpoint Flag, where Mario can find a Fire Flower in one of the ? Blocks in between. More Piranhas and Koopas follow, along with more pipes. Shortly after, a Gold Ring can be found. Collecting this turns all enemies gold. In this state, if Mario uses a Koopa to attack the Piranha Plants in the pipes, the pipes spit out coins. After a few more Koopas and Piranha Plants, the Goal Pole is found.
- Star Coin 1: This Star Coin is located high up in the air just after the first tall pipe with a Piranha Plant. To collect it, Mario will need to make a running jump from the orange platform to the right of the mentioned pipe. Alternatively, Mario can bounce off a Koopa below to reach it as well.
- Star Coin 2: After the checkpoint, Mario needs to enter the pipe in between the two tall pipes when the Piranha Plant in it returns into the pipe. This will take Mario underground, where a single Buzzy Beetle can be found.
- There are two ways to reach the Star Coin:
- 1. Mario then have to use the Buzzy Beetle to break the obstructing Brick Block and, if possible, quickly stop it. If so, the player should not be tempted to trigger the POW Blocks as they will break the Brick Blocks needed for Mario to reach the Star Coin. If the Buzzy Beetle is not stopped, Mario needs to dash to the set of Brick Blocks and jump to get the Star Coin before the Buzzy Beetle triggers the nearby POW Block.
- 2. Raccoon Mario can charge the P-Meter on one of the platforms and fly to the Star Coin instead of using the Buzzy Beetle.
- Star Coin 3: The Star Coin is near the end of the level beside a pipe with a Piranha Plant. Mario needs to carry the Koopa on the left orange platform to the opposite platform and release it to get the Star Coin.
|Green Koopa Troopa||19|
|Red Koopa Troopa||9|