MarioWiki:Featured images/Archive 3
Past archived Featured Images nominations.
January 21, 2010: Rickety Race
- Subject: Rickety Race artwork from Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest.
- Nominated by: Fawfulfury65 (talk)
- Fawfulfury65 (talk) Fantastic picture (in my opinion) with a ton of detail and color. I really the like the fireworks and the ferrous wheel in the background. The lights all look spectacular around the background, too! Also, the picture is MASSIVE, and even covers those stupid advertisements XD! Just a great picture!
- BabyLuigiOnFire (talk) Ooh, pretty lights! Anyway, colorful image and pretty large, plus high qualiy. The only concern is the lighting. Did and Dix look makes it look like the picture is taking place in the daytime, buuuut the unique image and the lights make up for that.
- Lemmy Koopa Fan (talk) The Kritter looks a teensy bit faded to me but other than that it's an awesome colourful picture with fireworks and a whole bunch of other interesting things.
- Time Q (talk): Now that's what I call an FI-worthy image. It's a bit dark, but I guess that doesn't really matter.
- Zero777 (talk) I am Zero! I'll love to ride on that roller coaster. Zero signing out.
- Karinmij (talk) Per above, lot's of detail and high quality in my opinion.
- Gamefreak75 (talk) Looks a little dark, but the quality is good.
- LeftyGreenMario (talk) The picture looks faded, but it's great quality and I like all of those preeeettttyyy liiigggghhtsss. Nice, big, picture. FI worthy to me.
- Lu-igi board only someone as boring and as stubborn as Ebenezer Scrooge would oppose!
- MATEOELBACAN (talk) I don't like so much the darkness of this pic, but oh well.
January 28, 2010: Mario Party Blast
- Fawfulfury65 (talk) Big, high quality, colorful, bright, everything needed for a FI!
- Time Q (talk): Boxart, boxart, I know... but do we have any better images nominated at the moment? I don't think so.
- Reversinator (talk) Detail and color galore!
- MATEOELBACAN (talk) Funny Pic with a lot of characters,items and great background!
- Lemmy Koopa Fan (talk) Very detailed. I refuse to say it's "epic" because people say everything is epic these days...
- Gamefreak75 (talk) Colorful and per all.
- Baby Mario Bloops (talk) - When I put this up for nomination, it was put down by about 10 users, and now everyone is supporting this? Anyways, this is great, very detailed, very colorful, and has stuff to look at.
- Karinmij (talk) Per Fawfulfury.
- Platitudinous (talk) Ja.
- lpsc00l (talk) Wow!!! I think it is the perfect picture to featured. This picture is what the Mario games are all about : rivalry and friendship! And it has a whole cast of characters like Daisy, Waluigi, Wario, Birdo, and Toadette, characters that don't get featured as much as they should!
- LeftyGreenMario (talk) Colorful picture. When it was put down before by, what, 102 billion opposers, I was a little bit surprised.
- Tucayo (talk) - Really nice image.
- Panchito - Good shot, good image.
- Zero777 (talk) I am Zero! This was already nominated twice and it was put down. Zero signing out.
- Vini64 (talk) I don't like that wallpaper and... MARIO PARTY 7 F****NG SUCKS!!!
- Lu-igi board terrible.
- Pixlfreak (talk) It's boxart!!! if you want boxart up then you might as well put up a picture of the box
To all of you that will oppose because it's boxart: Yes, it is boxart...that was also nominated thrice. But go and find a more decent picture on this wiki to feature and let us know later on. BabyLuigiOnFire (talk)
BMB: Yes, it was put down because of better pictures to be found. But now, go ahead and try finding a decent picture to nominate. It's so hard finding a good picture these days. :( BabyLuigiOnFire (talk)
- Nah, it's just high quality. And that's just a generic spaceship from Neon Heights. I would like this picture more if it weren't used as boxart. And Mario and Luigi look strange with that white outline around them. BabyLuigiOnFire (talk)
@Cacciaguida: You know what, I'd take his opinion over your comment any day. I think what you said was very mean and even if his vote is horribly worded, you just told him he doesn't matter in other words. Marioguy1 (talk)
February 4, 2010: BiS New Years
- Subject: News Years drawing of M&L: BiS from four of the creators.
- Nominated by: Baby Mario Bloops (talk)
- Baby Mario Bloops (talk) - This is made by four creators of the game, having excellent quality and artwork for such as this new years drawing. It has to do with Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, so this should be allowed for FI nomination.
- Tucayo (talk) - I really like it :) and I uploaded it :P Great artwork!
- LeftyGreenMario (talk) Meh, I like Miyamoto's New Super Mario Bros. Wii drawing more. Anyway, this picture is a great drawing. My only complaints are that this picture is a little too crowded and Luigi's nose is too small. But what does a small proportion error has to do with anything anyway?
- Marioman777 (talk) This is really great! Seriously it is I LOVE it
- BabyLuigiOnFire (talk) Man, looks like he worked very hard on this drawing! It depicts the major characters in this game , plus it's just great that it's an actual drawing from Nintendo. This is excellent, should be featured (and I don't care much for this game anyway, good job for grabbing my support vote without it being a fan vote!)
- MATEOELBACAN (talk) One word: G-R-E-A-T, It's made by Shigeru & Co. People =P!
- Gamefreak75 (talk) PEr all, but one question...why the hell is there a random Air Cheep there and where the hell is Midbus!?
- Zero777 (talk) I am Zero! Even though this image already appeared on the Main Page not too long ago, I'll like to see this as a FI. Zero signing out.
- Fawfulfury65 (talk) Per all.
- I've removed the border, including the red object, and also cleaned the white background a bit (removed ugly JPG artifacts from the border). Hope everything is fine now. --Grandy02 (talk)
- Then refresh your browser or clear the cache. The new version doesn't have a border anymore. And just to inform people, this drawing was not made by Shigeru Miyamoto. At least his face doesn't appear next to it in the magazine, but the portraits of four other people do (but the picture below was drawn by Miyamoto for sure). --Grandy02 (talk)
February 11, 2010: Peach's Birthday Cake
- BabyLuigiOnFire (talk) Though might get put down by users because they think Mario Party images are overused for the main page, I wish to feature this because it's very colorful, the characters are expressive, good quality, and this cake makes me hungry!
- LeftyGreenMario (talk) I like all Mario Party images; they are colorful and expressive. And I don't really care if DK looks like an orangutan. Awesome old images don't deserve this much hate.
- Lemmy Koopa Fan (talk) It looks like they're all saying "Holy shmoly!"
- Fawfulfury65 (talk) This picture is great (look at Wario)!!! And per BLOF.
- Karinmij (talk) Mmm, that cake looks delicious :) Colorful picture!
- Baby Mario Bloops (talk) This had to been the perfect christmas card for the MP back then when it can out. Some funny, especially Wario, and the colors blend together very nicely...
- Gamefreak75 (talk) Good quality, big image, and Wario fails...
- pixlfreak (talk) its a mario party picture. i like it
- Dry Bones A (talk) It looks great.
- Pie Shroom (talk) Per all.
- Platitudinous (talk) Even though they suck at making cakes (haw haw haw), I vote for this image.
- Zero777 (talk) I am Zero! The reason why I didn't nominate this when I nominated two or three MP pictures at the same time is that DK looks like an orangutan. Zero signing out.
- MATEOELBACAN (talk) All the characters from the image look strange, just look at them, for example see Yoshi's and Peach's Face... WTF?!
- Panchito - It's is a bad portrayal of Mario's style.
- Lu-igi board boring.... stil, Wario's face. LOL!
February 18, 2010: Donkey Kong Jungle Climber
- Subject: Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong in Donkey Kong: Jungle Climber.
- Nominated by: BabyLuigiOnFire (talk)
- BabyLuigiOnFire (talk) I know this is boxart, but it shows the scene, without the title, rating, DS border thingies, and the publishing company. It's good quality, has a scenery to fill out the entire picture and Donkey and Diddy in it! I know some parts are cut out from the original boxart, but I still think it's FI worthy.
- Fawfulfury65 (talk) Per BLOF. Go, Diddy, go!
- Zero777 (talk) I am Zero! Not bad, a nice, big, clear image, I support. Zero signing out.
- McQueenMario (talk) Now this is what I call a great DK image!
- MATEOELBACAN (talk) So Colorful, per all.
- Lemmy Koopa Fan (talk) Great quality and interesting.
- LeftyGreenMario (talk) One of the few great Donkey Kong images. Looks a little blurry though. Never saw this picture before, but I never saw the game's box art anyway.
- lpsc00l (talk) THIS IS BOXART!!!!!! what...BOXART!! I would never guess this is boxart. I haven't even heard of the game! It is a really nice image...to be boxart!
- Karinmij (talk) Per above.
- Lu-igi board per all
- Platitudinous (talk) Per lpsc00l.
- Raphaelraven497 (talk) okay, so everbody sorry about before, but that wa sbefore. What i meant was the image is just... wierd. its not worthy of an FI. Its too bright, and just not good. So why are you yelling at me? EVERYONE HAs OPINIONS.
- @Raphael: The reason I said it was invalid was because your oppose was "What's with the images this week??! This is the fourth image ive opposed TODAY!!" None of what you said was related to the image itself. --Garlic Man (talk)
February 25, 2010: Beach Party
- Subject: The Mario Party cast on Yoshi's Tropical Island in Mario Party
- Nominated by: Garlic Man (talk)
- Garlic Man (talk) -- Good quality, brilliant colors, lots of action going on.
- Tucayo (talk) - Per GM
- BabyLuigiOnFire (talk) When LGM nominated it, it got put down by like, 10 users. Anyway, this is my favorite Mario Party picture. :) It's the best, I tell you! Poor Luigi...Plus, I don't give a tangerine about if they look weird or not; they looked like that back then.
- Fawfulfury65 (talk) Per BabyLuigiOnFire, who summed up almost everything I was gonna say.
- Zero777 (talk) I am Zero! I was one of them to put it down because of the weird look on DK's lip, but it's nice, clear, and big. Zero signing out.
- lpsc00l (talk) it is nice. the image is clear, the colors are bright, and the picture is quite lively. My only problem is the demented issue, why are most Mario Party pics demented?
- LeftyGreenMario (talk) There is no reason to oppose an image I nominated before :P
- Baby Mario Bloops (talk) What I said with all the other MP1 ones. Now we can have the MP1 picture family FI's!!!!
- Lemmy Koopa Fan (talk) Per A to the L to the... other L.
- Karinmij (talk) Per Garlic Man, good quality and it makes me longing for the summer :)
- Marioguy1 (talk) - Probably one of the only good (IMO) MP images on the wiki. It doesn't make the characters look horrible and it shows an action scene too!
- MATEOELBACAN (talk) Is the best MP picture here :/...
- Pie Shroom (talk) This is a nice summer image, good quality, and good coloration. And look at Yoshi! Isn't that the cutest thing?
- KS3 (talk) Per all.
- Raphaelraven497 (talk) Mario Party images are WAY too overused on the main page. Plus, Peach is wierd and DK's lip makes himlook like a bozo.
- Lu-igi board boring. incredibly boring.
March 4, 2010: NSMB New Year
- BabyLuigiOnFire (talk) Ok, so nominating this was NOT my idea (guy who nominated BiS inspired me) but this has some notable differences between BiS (other than the obvious ones, obviously). This is less faded, bigger, absence of ugly borders and has action in it. The only concerns is what the pasta happened to Yellow Toad and there's less characters. Otherwise, I nominated for the same reasons Baby Mario Bloops gave out; it's the actual, authentic drawing from the creator himself!!
- Fawfulfury65 (talk) Cute, nice size, and made by the Mario Man himself!
- MATEOELBACAN (talk) Nice Image made by Shigeru & Co. too!, PS: Why is Toad here and not Yellow Toad 0_0?
- Zero777 (talk) I am Zero! Not a bad image, especially since it's a drawing. Zero signing out.
- Lemmy Koopa Fan (talk) This is a great, nice-size image.
- LeftyGreenMario (talk) Much better than the Boswer's Inside Story one because this one is not so crowded and faded. I guess no one likes Yellow Toad... :(
- Baby Mario Bloops (talk) - I don't know how I inspired you, but I will leave that to you. Anyways, this is really good, with a few confused points (red toad, NSMW instead of NSMBW) but that doesn't matter much in this image. This is excellent, I can't believe that they can create such a outstanding piece of artwork (I wish I could draw like that).
- Pie Shroom (talk) Nice drawing of a nice game.
- Karinmij (talk) I agree with Fawfulfury65 and Zero777, this one is nice!
- McQueenMario (talk) You got to admit, this is pretty cute!
- Grandy02 (talk) An adorable drawing by Mario's creator.
- KS3 (talk) If the M&L PiT got featured, why not this???
- Lu-igi board this is just ugly....
- Dry Bones A (talk) I don't think it looks good.
- lpsc00l (talk) ummm... well. It's a nice picture but... it doesn't sum up celebration or Mario games. I don't see what people in bubbles have to do with new year or Mario. I feel it is not a pic for featured image.
- Panchito I don't care who this was done by, it's nothing special.
- @Reversinator:Er-this page follows the No-Signature Policy...MATEOELBACAN (talk)
March 11, 2010: Super Mario Galaxy 2 artwork
- Subject: Artwork despiting Mario, Yoshi, a Luma, and many other stuffs.
- Nominated by: Byllant (talk)
- Byllant (talk) - I love this cheerful new image for SMG2, quality is big and is very brigthful. I bet this will be used for the boxart.
- Homestar Runner (talk) This picture is awesome.
- Fawfulfury65 (talk) If this is used for the boxart, I will be the happiest person on earth! I love it!
- Lemmy Koopa Fan (talk) This is great! Look at that fat purple Luma in the background! (Maybe a hungry Luma?)
- KS3 (talk) Yeah. Per all.
- Sambiss (talk) I think it's an amazing image! It has many details and it's really an accurate pic! Plus I think it's better with the logo :P
- McQueenMario (talk) - Yes, very amazing!
- Pixel Bro. (talk) Now THAT'S an image. Bursting with character, it really makes me want to play the game. June 11th can't come soon enough.
- Mr bones (talk) A great colorful image!I love it!
- MATEOELBACAN (talk) I supported the other Pic, this one is the same but A LOT more colorful, Per FF65.
- Lu-igi board epic. just epic
- MechaWave (talk) - Per my comment below.
- Tucayo (talk) - Cool. And I think the logo makes it look better.....
- Homestar Runner (talk)
- PT PRANA (talk) Looks great, high quality pic, and there's a fat purple luma thing. What's not to love?
- Yoshi Koshi Moshi (talk) This is so awsome!!! Colourful and cheerful. I hope the game will be the same...
- Time Q (talk): Per my and Baby Mario Bloops's comments below. We should wait for a non-logo version.
- Baby Mario Bloops (talk) Yeah, per everything in the comments about us two. Do you want a better picture to come and regret not putting that up instead of this? We would be saving that from happening...
- BabyLuigiOnFire (talk) The logo and Cyan Yoshi (IMO) kills it. And for an image with the characters zoomed out like that, it would be even better with higher resolution.
- Gamefreak75 (talk) This would make splendid boxart (much better than Bowser's Inside Story's boxart). Though it's very colorful, a logo-less one would be even better. Patience is a virtue, so let's wait for some without the logo, like Super Mario Galaxy's.
- LeftyGreenMario (talk) This picture is so "bleh" (although colorful) with the logo, resolution,and the obese Cyan Yoshi, and the fat luma, and Yoshi is ugly. What's with Nintendo and fat people (Snack Basket, Yoshi, ESPECIALLY Wario, Mario, lumas, Bowser) anyway?
- Marioguy1 (talk) - This is just pure boxart
- All of the other FI's didn't have the logo and it, and we don't want to find out that a better picture of this with no logo on it is left to be not featured because this one took it's spot. So can we please wait for a non-logo one comes? Baby Mario Bloops (talk)
- BLOF: "Overused?" When did we ever state that? All I was saying is that I think it would be better without the logo on it, since we don't have any other FI with it and that there is still time for a better version to come out in the next few weeks or so... Baby Mario Bloops (talk)
You know, I'm getting pretty sick of everyone complaining about "this is boxart," or "the logo is bad," or anything else, but even when the image deserves to be nominated. Look at it. Perfect quality and resolution. In fact, I can still see the Luma Shop at this size. It's beautifully contrast with its elegant, cheerful, happy colors. Featured Images are supposed to be judged by their creativity, NOT by the additional blemishes that were added. I think this would look pretty weird without the logo there. Almost every single nomination in the oppose section has something that is in any other opposed nomination, and I'm tired of it. When the image is constantly being re-nominated, that means it has a chance. Also, the logo is probably there for the few millions of people who don't know what this game is identify what it is exactly. MechaWave (talk)
I think we should just wait until a picture without the title comes long. And if people want to know what game that came from, I suggest that the nominator should mention it in the subject of the image. Wouldn't that be just sad once a better version comes out and this one is already featured? LeftyGreenMario (talk)
March 18, 2010: Super Smash Bros. Brawl Group
- Garlic Man (talk) -- Depicts the main characters of each franchise represented in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Cool-looking pic.
- BabyLuigiOnFire (talk) Hm, so it wasn't the resolution that was bothering me. Actually, it was the blurriness that bothered me. You got my vote.
- Lemmy Koopa Fan (talk) It's nice, big, high in quality, and... exciting!
- Fawfulfury65 (talk) This is cool! Per LKF.
- Pie Shroom (talk) This is a neat pic.
- Koopalmier (talk) Nice graphic style, perfect quality, colorful enough.
- lpsc00l (talk) I don't care if this is boxart or not... it just plain awesome!!
- Karinmij (talk) Good quality, per above.
- Zero777 (talk) I am Zero! I was going to say SSBB is over-used but it has been a long time since any SSB stuff have been used. Zero signing out.
- KS3 (talk) Good Pic = FI Status. Per all.
- LeftyGreenMario (talk) This picture is great, even though I don't like Brawl too much. The resolution is great, the quality is OK, and the picture is filled up with color.
- Supermariofan14 (talk) - Epic, and an excellent quality.
- Tucayo (talk) - I was tempted to oppose, due to the fact that I had already seen it here, but meh.
- Yoshi Koshi Moshi (talk) - Awsome, although it's everewhere on the internet.
- Sunshineisles2 (talk) - I like that.
- Lu-igi board I've decided that seen as brawl is more a religion then a game to me, I would support this awsome pic!
- Raphaelraven497 (talk) Yup.
- Marioguy1 (talk) - Ordinarily I wouldn't oppose because of such a minor detail but this time it stands out in my mind, this is boxart.
- Panchito - Ugh- I've seen this image countless times.
- Pixlfreak (talk) BOXART!!! if you want to nominate box art put up the picture of the box!!!
- MATEOELBACAN (talk) - Per all, seriously SSBB Pics are getting overrated...
- McQueenMario (talk) - Sorry but this has been seen by me soooooooo many times. Sorry.
- Beecanoe (talk) - This is my favorite Wii game EVER, but I don't think I want the overused boxart to be a featured image.
- Commander Code-8 (talk) Despite my love for the Smash Bros. series, this picture has pixelated parts (eg. Mario's Nose)from the size it would be used in, like the Mario Party image
Seriously, about the boxart comments. It's way better than the boxart, because the title, rating, Wii thingies, and publishing company are absent in this picture. The DK image I nominated was boxart as well, yet no one opposed because it was boxart? They are both entire scenarios, without the stuff I mentioned, and I always thought it was worthy for featuring. I understand it being overused, but just saying it's boxart seems kinda...I don't know what to say. BabyLuigiOnFire (talk)
March 25, 2010: Mario Mix Revolution
- Subject: Mario break dancing in Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix.
- Nominated by: Fawfulfury65 (talk)
- Fawfulfury65 (talk) This image PWNS. Nuff said.
- Garlic Man (talk) -- I love it
- MATEOELBACAN (talk) - Awesome Quality and a lot colorful.
- Zero777 (talk) I am Zero! Awesome picture, a little different from what is shown. Zero signing out.
- Lu-igi board I love it!
- Lemmy Koopa Fan (talk) Woah! This has the best. Lighting. Ever!
- BabyLuigiOnFire (talk) BOXART!!!! But per all, even though Mario is in an undignified position.
- McQueenMario (talk) This is way better than the boxart.
- LeftyGreenMario (talk) This is a great picture. Would have been perfect if Mario was in a better position, though. Ugh.
- Commander Code-8 (talk) Nice
- tonym101101 (talk) It's flat out awesome!
- KS3 (talk) Per all.
- Mariofanatic64 (talk) ? KS3 Changed? Anyway, it would look better without the white outline around Mario, it makes it look like just a picture of Mario cropped into a background.
- Raphaelraven497 (talk) Per Mariofanatic64
- Mario would probably blend in with the background a little bit without the white outline, too. Fawfulfury65 (talk)
April 1, 2010: Super Paper Mario Art
- BabyLuigiOnFire (talk) Finally, a good Paper Mario scene! It's colorful, has characters in it, with the lack of the Wii box thingies and extremely high resolution and quality. It deserves to be on the main page!
- McQueenMario (talk) AWESOME!
- Lemmy Koopa Fan (talk) This image has great quality and lotsa characters. All I can say.
- Zero777 (talk) I am Zero! This is an awesome image even though it's the cover. Zero signing out.
- Mariofanatic64 (talk) This is a great pic. It's probably why it made the boxart.
- KS3 (talk) Per all.
- Lu-igi board yes, yes and yes
- LeftyGreenMario (talk) The full resolution is HUGE. Never played the game, which means I barely see the boxart. Yay. Why not?
- Homestar Runner (talk) Per all
- Raphaelraven497 (talk) Best FI nomination since i joined the wiki.
- Byllant (talk) - Yeah, per all.
- MATEOELBACAN (talk) - Colorful and detailed, per all.
- Karinmij (talk) Per above.
April 8, 2010: Mario from Mario Power Tennis
- Marcelagus (talk) -- Great image. High quality and great artwork.
- MATEOELBACAN (talk) - Why not? It would look great on the main page.
- KS3 (talk) Per all.
- Mariofanatic64 (talk) A little JPEG'd, but overall a awesome action picture.
- Fawfulfury65 (talk) Yea.
- Lu-igi board I can see it in motion
- BabyLuigiOnFire (talk) I don't care if it's no action; Wikipedia's FI has no "action" either, and same goes for that Bowser Strikers picture. It's awesome quality, and it would look outstanding on the main page.
- LeftyGreenMario (talk) It's a great picture. Why can't pictures focusing on one picture be featured? And also, why would this image be opposed for nothing happening when the Bowser one is basically the same problem, but still supported?
- Commander Code-8 (talk) Good Quality, Not too bright. Why Not
- Karinmij (talk) Per the nominator.
- lpsc00l (talk) cool!!!
- Tucayo (talk) - Cool :3
- Time Q (talk): Uh, nothing really happens here.
- Lemmy Koopa Fan (talk) Per Time Q. Also, I can see pixelated outlines whenever the colours in the picture change.
- Dark Bowser (talk) Yup.... There's nothing going on here...
- Gamefreak75 (talk) - Bland, boring, ball is too fuzzy. Per Time Q.
- The problem about the Avalanche pic is that you keep nominating it every few weeks. People get bored of it. Wait at least some months before you nominate it again. Time Q (talk)
April 15, 2010: Super Mario Bros. Artwork
- BabyLuigiOnFire (talk) It's a good classic image that I feel should go on the main page, despite its cuckoo-looking characters (but they're supposed to be like that back then, so it's ok)
- Commander Code-8 (talk) It's good enough for me.
- Mariofanatic64 (talk) Per all.
- Grandy02 (talk) The artwork shows a very important part of Mario's history, it's how Mario became Super Mario. It is interesting to see how Mr. Miyamoto once envisioned the characters and how they differ from the later designs.
- Time Q (talk): Per Grandy. We NEED this on the Main Page.
- Lemmy Koopa Fan (talk) Per all. Especially Grandy02.
- McQueenMario (talk) Per all. Great image!
- Mr bones (talk) You know on second thought.This is a classic image.It deserve to be on the main page.It shows the birth of Bowser,Peach,Hammer bros,spinies etc.
- Damariogamr (talk) Looks great and all, but why are the Toads smiling? The princess is getting kidnapped right behind them!!
- Fawfulfury65 (talk) Bowser's face is all lumpy! ^^
- Tucayo (talk) - Cool :3
- Dry dry bones (talk) Sweet classic SMB artwork, pretty cool!
- KS3 (talk) Let's get this done with and be done with it. Per all.
- tonym101101 (talk)Per all.
- Papero (talk) Glad this was nominated, since it is a terrific example of what has been and could have become Mario.
- MATEOELBACAN (talk) - Per all, this image is a classic one.
- Raphaelraven497 (talk) Per KS3
- LeftyGreenMario (talk) Quality is an issue here.
- Lu-igi board per all. very, very odd....
Toads are supposed to be happy. Their faces are stuck like that. And Yoshi fails too hard to be in this image AKA he wasn't even INVENTED yet. It's an old image, stop bashing it. BabyLuigiOnFire (talk)
@KS3: No offense, but i'm getting tired of your constant excuse, 'Mario is fat'. And how do you come to think the princess' body was made of a ? block? It is pretty clearly a dress and i cant see a ?. Mariofanatic64 (talk)
@KS3: I don't understand your complaints about the appearance of the characters. The artwork is from 1985 and is 25 years old now, older than most of the users, of course the characters look different from today. --Grandy02 (talk)
I uploaded a new version of this image with improved contrast and fixed size (used scans of the Japanese box as a reference). Does this one look better? @LeftyGreenMario: How does it exactly lack in quality? The only problem I saw were the a bit too dark colours. --Grandy02 (talk)
Any opinions on the new version on the right? If this gets featured, the image should at least have the right size. @Damariogamr: I guess the Toads are happy because they see their saver Mario, Peach also seems to call for help as she sees Mario (and Bowser angrily looks at him). --Grandy02 (talk)
April 22, 2010: Yoshi Touch and Go!
- Fawfulfury65 (talk) Cute image that is very detailed!
- Commander Code-8 (talk) Awwwww, Cute! Not really but I think this is a good image.
- Homestar Runner (talk) Awesome.
- Baby Mario Bloops (talk) - Great colors, wonderful scene, in fact, this makes you want to get the game! Too bad that this is like the best thing about the game...
- Vellidragon (talk) - It's a nice, big and colourful picture, very beautiful and detailed. I love the soft colours and how well they blend in with one another.
- Time Q (talk): I agree it looks strange at first glance, but the longer you look at it, the more beautiful it gets.
- Edofenrir (talk) - God, this picture looks splendid. I didn't even know it existed. It looks even good enough to make me come to the FI nomination page to support it.
- Gamefreak75 (talk) I was going to support last time, but the nominator took it off before I could! Per all.
- Lu-igi board beautiful
- MATEOELBACAN (talk) - Per All.
- Grandy02 (talk) Beautiful and unique colouring.
- Dimentiorox100 (talk) Per all.
- Tucayo (talk) - Per Edo. Great use of colors, amazing contrast, it looks smooth, it is harmonic, it is perfect.
- KS3 (talk) Per all, except more contract, but still okay. Per BWOF's comment.
- Lemmy Koopa Fan (talk) Like I said before, the colours don't stand out enough.
- LeftyGreenMario (talk) This image is too pink, and it hurts my eyes because the outlines don't stand out a lot.
- BabyLuigiOnFire (talk) It's a nice and cute image, but per all.
This image is exceptionally well composed, and looks very beautiful from the perspective of art. The fact that it doesn't look so outstanding isn't because it was drawn badly, but because it is painted in pastel colours, which give it a softer tone. I think it is stuff like this that is just made for being on the main page. I even daresay it outclasses every other picture currently on this page (but that's just me). If this picture gets neglected, I am afraid I have to set this page on fire (yes, this is a joke. Don't take it serious). - Edofenrir (talk)
- It's still faded. KS3 (talk)
April 29, 2010: Bowser Striker
- Fawfulfury65 (talk) - Although this is character artwork, its big, high quality, and seems to have a lot of action in it! It's also extremely detailed and you can tell it was drawn by a pro artist!
- Lu-igi board lol at bowser! truly the coolest footballer the world has ever seen :P
- Lemmy Koopa Fan (talk) I don't know why, but Bowser looks mighty aerodynamic when he's like that.
- Time Q (talk): I like it. Great quality.
- Zero777 (talk) I am Zero! Ok, I guess I'll support it, it's a nice big image. Zero signing out.
- lpsc00l (talk) Sure it is a character artwork, but it is a character that stars in most, if not, all Mario games. And strikers artwork is nicely drawn and creative which fits the descriptions of "FEATURED IMAGE". Oh, Lemmy Koopa Fan, nice use of the word "aerodynamic"!
- Karinmij (talk) High quality, in my opinion almost as good as the picture from this game that has been featured last year's august.
- Dark boo (talk) this is just plain awesome looking
- Dark Bowser (talk) Wow..... I support....
- Gamefreak75 (talk) Extremely detailed artwork.
- Marioguy1 (talk) - The detail in this is nice and the action, epic!
- Pie Shroom (talk) Per all.
- MATEOELBACAN (talk) Per Time Q in the comments section, now I see how nice it is :F.
- KS3 (talk) Per all.
- FireBabyLuigi11 (talk) This image is so cool! It shows what Mario Strikers Charged is about:violent soccer.
- Beecanoe (talk) I could probably think of a few reasons to oppose this, but it just looks too cool to do so!
- Damariogamr (talk) WOW 0_0 This rulez!!!
- SuperPaperMario64 (talk) I agree with Fawfulfury65}}
- BabyLuigiOnFire (talk) Though it is about everything Fawful said, it's still just single-character artwork.
- McQueenMario (talk) Per BabyLuigiOnFire.
- Raphaelraven497 (talk) Per all.
- Panchito Wow, you people would oppose any other single character artwork but when it's Bowser it's good?
- LeftyGreenMario (talk) Ew. It's just single character artwork. Why was Luigi put down, but this one, a lot of people seem to support? Not a very interesting picture, IMO. Per all.
- Papero (talk) Despite being called "epic" and "detailed," there's nothing going on in the picture, and it's hardly unique since everyone other character shares the same artwork style.
- Garlic Man (talk) -- Great image
- Yoshi Koshi Moshi (talk) although the art style is and Bowser is awsome but as per above it's only a single character artwork.
- Nintendude (talk) I think there can be a more efficient image of bowser.
At the Super Mario Wiki, Featured Images are those quality, intriguing, witty, provocative, rare, important, and otherwise simply interesting images that can be found throughout the site's articles.
@Panchito: No. It's good because it's a great drawing style, it's extremely detailed, the glow of the football looks brilliant, there's not even just white background. It simply looks good. Time Q (talk)
- Actually, there is a white background, but the tan coloring also makes up the background. Still, I think it would be perfect if there were more characters. BabyLuigiOnFire (talk)
- This is the second time he made that mistake. Maybe it's not a mistake. Maybe he lives in Opposite Land! LeftyGreenMario (talk)
May 6, 2010: Paper Mario TTYD Scenery
- BabyLuigiOnFire (talk) (opposite meaning) An absolutely hideous picture with dumb poses, ugly characters, and it comes from a sucky game!! (end of opposite meaning)
- Zero777 (talk) I am Zero! It looks good but where does this image came from? It sort of looks like a beta image because Bowser and Peach have a slight PM1 appearence. Zero signing out.
- Turkishcoffee (talk) I like it. I think it might just be early art.
- Lu-igi board tis beautiful :)
- Fawfulfury65 (talk)
- Vellidragon (talk) - I see nothing wrong with this one. Good size and quality, nice scenery and it shows several main characters from the game it's based on. I like the colours and the theatre stage theme of it.
- LeftyGreenMario (talk) My goodness, it's hideous. This better not be featured. It's plain, it's ugly, it's not colorful, I've seen it too many times, and it has horrible quality. Per BabyLuigiOnFire.
- KS3 (talk) Awesome pic + Per all
- Homestar Runner (talk) Awesome.
- Pixlfreak (talk) i love paper mario the thousand year door, and i love this image
- Commander Code-8 (talk)The game is brilliant, and so is this image!!
- Lemmy Koopa Fan (talk) Wow. This. Is. Awesome! Per ALL!
- Dry dry bones (talk) I love Paper Mario2, and this pic is awsome! This should be the pic for the box art.
- Dark Bowser (talk) Nothing bad to say about this one... I support...
May 13, 2010: Mario and Light Yoshi
- Fawfulfury65 (talk) The image has a nice size and looks pretty. Even the black background looks good because the Yoshi glows in the center of it. And just look at that light around the characters! It looks very realistic!
- Commander Code-8 (talk)Pure Brilliance!
- McQueenMario (talk) - This is just to awesome!
- Baby Mario Bloops (talk) - Come on! This is way better than that Ice or Fire Mario from the first SMG that we passed. The halo around Yoshi makes a wonderful touch, and I actually love this drawing!
- tonym101101 (talk) Per all.
- Mariofanatic64 (talk) Per all.
- Nintendude (talk) This would make an awesome featured image, it would give a sort of preview of something in SMG2 but why does it look like it`s on a trophy?
- Lu-igi board epic. simply epic
- lpsc00l (talk) Amazing!!
- KS3 (talk) This is better than the other SMG2 pics with black backgrounds.
- Damariogamr (talk) I hate pics with no backgrounds, but Light Yoshi makes it reasonable.
- Tucayo (talk) - Cool :3
- Dimentiorox100 (talk) This is awesomer then dimentio... WAIT DID I SAY THAT OUT LOUD?!?
- Homestar Runner (talk) This is awesome.
- BabyLuigiOnFire (talk) I don't like the white outlines on the characters. Plus, there's still only two characters. Plus, it comes from an almost-atrocious game (and I don't think that glow looks very realistic either. Halos are supposed to come from the sun hitting cirrus clouds to produce that effect, but you can't compare Mario to the real-world, so it doesn't matter)
- LeftyGreenMario (talk) What the heck is this?? Mario looks tired and that butt-faced Yoshi looks even stupider! The white outlines and low is even lamer and the lack of a background really destroys this thing. (Next time, Mario should just use Kirby. Kirby can light up the WHOLE room. And IMO, Super Mario Galaxy 2 and everything about it, especially Yoshi, was a huge mistake).
- Lemmy Koopa Fan (talk) Per all. And I'm not really using this as a reason to oppose, but I hate Yoshi too!
- Gamefreak75 (talk) Black background < White Background. Per all.
- MATEOELBACAN (talk) - Single Character Artwork.
- Zero777 (talk) I am Zero! Even though I could support, the point is that the game is coming in two months, wait until it's close to the release date. Zero signing out.
- You know that there is another proposal to revive the pie button??? KS3 (talk)
- Well, I agree with you Tucay, it'd look weird, but the other Galaxy pics look odd with the black background in my opinion. Gamefreak75 (talk)
- Homestar Runner, that image won't work, since it's not on any main articles, and its quality is lower than that of the artwork with the black background. M&SG (talk)
May 20, 2010: Attack of the Saws
- Subject: Mario running away from one of those saw enemies in Super Mario World.
- Nominated by: Fawfulfury65 (talk)
- Fawfulfury65 (talk) - This is a nice image, has a reasonable size, and is really uh... yeah. I like it!
- MATEOELBACAN (talk) - I love this SMW Pics! they're a lot colorful and detailed!
- BabyLuigiOnFire (talk) CHAINSAWS!! I LOVE CHAINSAWS!!! And this picture is nice and colorful. It looks so weird, with those chainsaws moving by themselves. I like it.
- Lu-igi board oh Mario, how do you get into these situations.....
- Time Q (talk)
- Flipnote Hatena Fan (talk)
- FireBabyLuigi11 (talk) CHAINSAWS ROCK!Those feet do look like his butt, but (BUTT BUTT HA HA HA!)I love it. DIE MARIO DIE!!!! VOTE YES IF YOU LIKE CHAINSAWS!
- Mr bones (talk) A very funny picture.I love it!
- Damariogamr (talk) This is hilarious. CHAINSAWS RULE!!!
- Tucayo (talk) - Cool :3
- Homestar Runner (talk) Neat.
- Sonictoast (talk) Soooo Good!
- Sonofmaths (talk) Particularly relevant cos these enemies are reappearing in SMG2
- KS3 (talk) Mario is fat, again...
It looks like that he is a wearing a blue dress, not overalls.EDIT: OMG Mario's overalls are ripped in half! and his knees are showing. He's not walking, and this just won't be a good FI. If this passes, I will have to set this thing in toxic waters. (Don't take that literally...)
- Lemmy Koopa Fan (talk) I would support if it didn't do that blurry-shoes thing.
- Commander Code-8 (talk) I didn't know Mario had 4 legs
- Raphaelraven497 (talk) I truly dont mean to be rude here, but are those his KNUTS???
- Karinmij (talk) Hmm don't like it.
- Baby Mario Bloops (talk) I do like it a little, but I don't think it is FI material. It has quality, but it looks kind of lame a bit, and not really much to see...
- Still, the blurry effect ruins it. BUt i agree with MATELOBACAN< SMW pics are USUALLY great! Raphaelraven497 (talk)
May 27, 2010: Luigi's Engine Room
- Fawfulfury65 (talk) This image is incredibly huge, detailed, and interesting. I'm not sure why Mario would have the guts to save Wario there, but it's a pretty nice picture. Also, even if you're "sick of MP images", does it really matter? We're paying attention to the quality and creativity of the picture and all that, not what game it was from!
- Baby Mario Bloops (talk) - Per FF65 in the comments and the fact that the MP1 groups pictures are amazing!
- BabyLuigiOnFire (talk) I don't care if it's ANOTHER Mario Party image; they're all good (except Wario's Battle Canyon and Mario's Girly Rainbow Castle)
- Lemmy Koopa Fan (talk) Per Fawfulfury65. I don't care what game it's from. As long as I like it!
- Zero777 (talk) I am Zero! Well I wasn't sure to post this when I posted several MP1 images but this one is good. Zero signing out.
- Marioguy1 (talk) - I would per someone but nobody so far has put up a reason. You people spoke about how you don't like it when people put up dumb reasons? Well so far there are no reasons save for "It's Good/Nice". I think the quality is surprisingly good for an MP image where most of them have DK with a deformed face and Peach's red+pink dress is less prominent in this one.
- LeftyGreenMario (talk) Panchito: Mario Party 1 images are awesome. This picture has great quality. It's colorful, big, and nice to look at. If you hate Mario Party images so much, try finding a much more awesome picture in the wiki.
- Pie Shroom (talk) What the- I could have sworn I put my vote under the support section. How'd it end up in oppose? Well, per all.
- KS3 (talk) Per all.
- Tucayo (talk) - Remembers me the Truoble Center... RIP
- Beecanoe (talk) This image shows the whole playable cast of Mario Party in one of the party boards. Good image!
- Commander Code-8 (talk) I've realised it is only pixelated in this size. On the Main Page it'll be better.
- Panchito Seriously? Quit suggesting Mario Party 1 images, we have featured numerous group images from this game already.
- Lu-igi board I'm afraid these mp pics are getting worse....
- Raphaelraven497 per Lu-igi Board
- MATEOELBACAN (talk) Another MP Picture with werid characters faces...
- lpsc00l (talk) OMG!! what is with these bad MP pictures!!! This one has to be one of the most demented yet!!!
- FireBabyLuigi11 (talk) I just don't think this would be a good FI.
@Panchito: Did you even read my support? We don't feature images because of the game, we feature it because it's interesting, creative, high quality, anything, but not what game it's from. If this image were for a different game, would you still oppose? Fawfulfury65 (talk)
- Actually, Panchito's vote is valid; no one is forced to give a reason. I, though, dislike it when people give out a stupid reason why they hate it. BabyLuigiOnFire (talk)
- That's stupid... his vote doesn't even say WHY he doesn't like it, just that he's sick of MP images. That's the worst possible reason you can give and it's really more of a fan vote. I think I should make a proposal on that, but I have a feeling it'll just be brought down for some random reason. Fawfulfury65 (talk)
June 3, 2010: The Kong Family
- Fawfulfury65 (talk) Extra big and detailed pic of the Kongs. I have it as my desktop wallpaper ;D
- BabyLuigiOnFire (talk) Super detailed (look at the fur, you can see every little bit of it), plus awesome resolution. It also came from my favorite Donkey Kong game (it's the only one too, so it's my least favorite as well), Donkey Kong 64, which makes this picture more awesome.
- Raphaelraven497 (talk) The DK pics are getting better. i like it.
- Lemmy Koopa Fan (talk) Per all.
- Lu-igi board i like this alot
- LeftyGreenMario (talk) Great resolution and detail. The picture is also filled up with color. I say this is FI worthy.
- Marioguy1 (talk) - A non-blurry kongs image!
- PT PRANA (talk) - There's an orangutan, so its got to be a yes!
- Yoshi Koshi Moshi (talk) - I really like this image. It's not very popular.
- KS3 (talk) Per all. except the one on the top right corner
- Beecanoe (talk) The only image from DK64 that would be better than this would be the boxart in my opinion.
- Homestar Runner (talk) Per all.
- MATEOELBACAN (talk) I just don't like the Kongs (not Diddy and Donkey) characters faces :/...
- Garlic Man (talk) -- I like this image. Nice and colorful.
- McQueenMario (talk) - Boring.
- Commander Code-8 (talk) Too Dark in some areas
- lpsc00l (talk) God no!!! They look like cheap McDonald toys!! I don't like it at all!!!!
- Mariofanatic64 (talk) I just don't like Donkey Kong. Or any monkeys at all for that matter.
- Pixlfreak (talk) I think that most of the opposers have summed up all my reasons