"However if a baby Waluigi doesnt appear soon, it will be clear cut proof that Waluigi is indeed Foreman Spike."
And this is logical . . . how? Sure, they have the same nose, but, one look and you can tell they're not the same. Waluigi's a skinny, tall guy. Foreman Spike is this fat slob. Waluigi Freak 99 17:40, 28 August 2006 (EDT)
- I think it should be noted that Foreman Spike resembles Wario more than he does resemble Waluigi.
- well waluigi has many references to foreman spike like Mario kart ds when he has a truck that looks like his and ddr Mario mix his theme is from wrecking crew-rickmaster
- 1 Collaboration (10/28 to 11/11)
- 2 Quote
- 3 Images
- 4 Trophy Info
- 5 Vote for quote
- 6 Expandment Requirements For it to be a FA
- 7 Vote For Main Image
- 8 SSBB Pics
- 9 Mario and Wario, cousins?
- 10 Top Quote
- 11 Plumber?
- 12 Image
- 13 quote change
- 14 Creator of Wario
- 15 Wario Waft
- 16 Wario and Mona?
- 17 Quote to long
- 18 New Wario image?
- 19 Wario World Quote
- 20 paper mario badge
- 21 superstar saga, another appearence
- 22 partners in time (cameo)
- 23 Introduction sentence
- 24 Profiles and Statistics page
- 25 The Super Mario Bros Super Show
- 26 About Wario Stealing Koopa's Kart in MK64
- 27 That quote is WAY too long
Collaboration (10/28 to 11/11)
No offense, but I think there are a bit too many images than the article needs here. -- Sir Grodus
I'm not sure if a gallery of images is legal. Images are supposed to be used to enhance the information in the article, to provide a visual representation to help our understanding. There must be commentary. I believe a bunch of images in a gallery is a violation of copyright law. -- Son of Suns
- Untrue, my uncle's an atterny. He knows the inns and outs of Copyrights. This Wiki is based off of hundreds of Copy righted characters (Mario, Wario , Luigi, Boo, ect). The Gallerey represents the various looks of the Purple Plumber for the last decade or so. It's nothing illegal. WarioLoaf (talk)
- For once, SoS, I think you're in the wrong here. Galleries give readers even more insight on, in this case, Wario's appearances and roles in the different variety of games he's included in. A gallery like this should be done for all of the Big Eight. Wa TC@ 22:21, 8 December 2006 (EST)
- To tell everyone, yes all the big eight is GONNA GET A GALLERY. just I've been real busy with the Piantas, Mario sunshine, and Mario Kart stuff WarioLoaf (talk)
I'm justing getting my info from the wiki's character image policy: This image is an illustration of a character in a video game, comic book, or animated television program or film. The copyright for it is most likely owned by either the publisher/producer and/or artist(s) producing the work in question. It is believed that the use of low-resolution images of character artwork for commentary on the character in question qualifies as fair use under United States copyright law. See Wikipedia:Fair use for more information. If we can legitimately argue that the image is being used for commentary on the character, then we can keep the gallery. However, does a gallery provide commentary? -- Son of Suns
- It comments on how the character is presented in other games and in which games the character appears in. Wa TC@ 17:23, 10 December 2006 (EST)
- Same here, dude. It practicly shows Wario's carreir turn-about. From Hard hat and long sleeves to Bowler cap and short sleeves. let it go. WarioLoaf (talk)
- Okay. Cool. Just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of the copyright policy and that the community feels we are obeying that policy. -- Son of Suns
- You keep saying that I am a great member in this community, but you never credit yourself. This was a good argument to bring up. ^_^ Wa TC@ 18:04, 10 December 2006 (EST)
I've copied down the information from Wario's trophy in SSB:M. Where should I put it? Usually, I'd just put it where ever I felt like, but since this is a Big Eight article, I thought I'd ask first. Wanderingshadow 12:02, 19 December 2006 (EST)
- You need to create a new section in Games for the SSB series. Then, put it. It's a good thing that you asked this time. Wa TC@ 15:04, 19 December 2006 (EST)
- Plus, no matter if it's a Big Eight Article, put the info down and we can work to fit it in with the pattern of images and such WarioLoaf (talk)
Vote for quote
As the title says, this is a vote to decide the main quote. --KPH2293 16:34, 1 February 2007 (EST)
- “So admit it..... Don't I look cool in the game screens? Those long, muscular legs on my sturdy toned frame.... I'm the perfect specimen of a man..... What!?!? You say I look fat and my quadruple chin looks like a waterfall of flab? Shut up! That's just because you have your television set up on widescreen display!”
- —Wario, Wario World
- It worked for mario. - Hyper Mushroom
- Quote 2 tells more about Wario's character from the gecko than Quote 1. Wa TC@ 15:02, 1 February 2007 (EST)
- Per Wayoshi. --KPH2293 16:33, 1 February 2007 (EST)
- Same as above. YoshiFan 22:45, 2 February 2007 (EST)YoshiFan
- This quote I always found funny. lol. pain to write, though. -- WarioLoaf (talk) 00:59, 3 February 2007 (EST)
- Kinda long but better... User:Knife/sig1
- Way funnier and original
- I'm all for lenghy quotes. ;D This one's more original, and shows off who Wario is. I prefer it. :) (And, I only just got why Quote #1 was funny. xD It's-a Lii! Luigi hc! See, not original. ;P)
~ Luigi hc
- I like the second quote better, even it is kind of long... --Triforce of PowerFile:Mlsswario.PNGIt's-a-Wii,Wario!
- Per Wayoshi.--Smileymiley5001
- just sounds better.
Expandment Requirements For it to be a FA
Please bring up any other comments on the FA Nomination Page
- Quality of writing is low.
- Grammar needs major work.
- Need to figure out if Wario hired Tatanga to kidnap Daisy.
- We need to detail Wario’s battles in Super Mario Land 2.
- Game sections in the biography can be expanded and clarified. What are some of the gameplay mechanics related to Wario, what’s the story, etc. Settings and items need to be clarified: where did Wario go in Wario Land II?; what kind of statue did Wario acquire in Wario Land? The Wario Land 4 section does not even name the Final Boss! There are just too many holes in the biographies. It needs a major rewriting.
- Wario World section needs to be greatly expanded, as well as WarioWare titles (some are not even named).
- “You”s need to be removed.
- Powers and abilities can be expanded.
- Key Relationships should be expanded (such as Mario and Waluigi) while others (like DK, Bowser, Peach, etc.) should be removed.
-- Son of Suns
- Ditto. It needs a lot of cleanup and has a lot of misspellings... which I corrected here. This isn't good enough to be featured yet. --TheYellowDart—(T/C) 20:13, 7 April 2007 (EDT)
- And too many images. It sandwiches text, a lot of these images are extraneous, and it's too hard on 56kers. - A Link to the Past 00:53, 10 May 2007 (EDT)
- May I also add that most of the images lack both a source and an explanation as to why they are necessary? For instance, the Wario Blast one - I see nothing to say why it can be used or why it needs to be used, and even though it obviously came from somewhere, its origin is a mystery. - A Link to the Past 00:56, 10 May 2007 (EDT)
- They are there to give an image description to readers who are more visual learners.
- And they lack source and any good reason why we need those exact images. Oh, wow, the Wario Blast image tells the reader that... um, Wario looks exactly the same as he usually does. Very informative. Excessive image count + no reason for many of the images + no source for the images (which is implied as claiming ownership of the images) = remove many of the images. - A Link to the Past 04:28, 11 May 2007 (EDT)
Please bring up any other comments on the FA Nomination Page
Vote For Main Image
- Even thought I like option 1 better, this one show Wario greedy nature.
- Gofer, who think the Mario Party 8 artwork stink.
- Glitchman (talk · contribs)
- No voting was really needed, we use the current main artwork as main images anyway. --WarioLoaf (talk) 21:46, 9 June 2007 (EDT)
Does anyone think that we have too many SSBB Pics of Wario on this page? I think we should only have one pic of him in SSBB (Excluding Official Art). Anyone else think so? My Bloody Valentine
- I would also like to point out my comment at Princess Daisy regarding Notable Screenshots sections. Because not all screenshots are notable. - Cobold (talk · contribs) 04:17, 22 August 2007 (EDT)
Mario and Wario, cousins?
When I fist joined I read the Wario article. It said that Wario and Mario were cousins, and it was confirmed by NOE. Now I can't see this info anymore. Was it true? Why did it got deleted? Shrooby The Wario fan here wanna know.
-sigh- Oh boy. Mario and Wario were cousins in a nintendo power comic. This may have been removed because the comics aren't canon, but Mario barely has an understandable canon, so who knows whats canon or not. Canon should just be shot from a cannon. |:(
Why has the top quote been changed to a much shorter one? Before the change, there was a much longer quote, which was even voted for on this talk page. The long one really tells more about Wario's character than the current one. --Grandy02 09:20, 3 June 2008 (EDT)
Has it ever been explicitly stated that Wario's a plumber? Or are people just assuming he is because he's Mario's "evil twin"-type rival, and dresses like Mario (wearing overalls does not make you a plumber). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall Wario ever doing anything plumbing-related... - Walkazo 19:59, 22 December 2008 (EST)
- Not to the best of my knowledge. Perhaps people are thinking of his "appearance" in "Plumbers Academy," where a character slightly resembling him was going to school to be a plumber, but even if that was Wario, that doesn't prove that he IS a plumber. Stumpers! 18:59, 23 December 2008 (EST)
The image that was shown as MP5 (until I corrected it) is actually from MP4. Could someone please get an image from MP5? Transcript 00:47, 8 February 2009 (EST)
The quote has been changed.... Was this decided anyware? I personally think the last one showed more about the character of wario, and this ones way too long. Should I change it back? Luigfreak Mai talk
Creator of Wario
As much as I admire the work of Gunpei Yokoi, but where was it stated that he created Wario (plus Daisy and Pit)? He was the producer of SML2, but this doesn't mean he created Wario, the Samus character was also not created by Yokoi, even if he produced the original Metroid. --Grandy02 09:13, 2 July 2009 (EDT)
- In most cases IGN is reputable I think. But what you mentioned is already known for sure. In the article on Hiroji Kiyotake, the staff credits of WarioWare, Inc. are cited, which list his name under "Original Wario Design." However, my question is about the creator, who is not necessary also the character's designer. The article says Gunpei Yokoi, but I haven't found a reliable source. If there isn't any, we have to live with the fact that the name of the creator of Wario, Daisy and Pit has just not been confirmed so far. --Grandy02 17:15, 16 October 2009 (EDT)
What makes you the creator of Wario, then? --Zelderu Maryoto 21:37, 19 December 2009 (EDT)
- Basically the person who thought up Wario. The designer, Kiyotake in this case, is not necessarily the creator, as he could also have made a character design based on the more or less detailed instructions of the character's creator, whoever that was. --Grandy02 14:49, 27 January 2010 (EST)
In Brawl, is that affected by eating food? Purplebackpack89 18:55, 18 November 2009 (EST)
Wario and Mona?
- Mona's Mega Party Game$! profile states "For some reason, she's a little smitten with Wario." And in one of the break scenes of Wario's second stage in the first WarioWare, Inc., Wario dreams of Mona and says "How cute" or something. Well, this is basically all I know about this "romantic interest." --Grandy02 13:22, 30 June 2010 (UTC)
Quote to long
- It may be long, but it fits the character's personality. Also, please sign your comments.Count Bonsula I need blood...
New Wario image?
In the newest issue of Nintendo Power under an article about famous videogame couples, they had a sidebar with dateless gaming stars with an image of Wario that I have never seen before. The picture was of Wario reclining on his side picking his ear with his finger. The render however seems to be a recent CGI image of Wario more than likely from the recent games due to the quality and model.
Does anyone have a large image of it anywhere and if so, do they know which game it was from? I have scoured the internet and my vast Mario library at home looking for some information.--Lord Robotnik 22:50, 20 January 2011 (EST)
- Could you scan this image and post it here? --Reversinator 13:51, 16 May 2011 (EDT)
Wario World Quote
In Wario's quote in the game Wario World for the Gamecube I say..he looks fat and his quadruple chin looks like a waterfall of flab!
paper mario badge
Wario make a very small cameo in Paper mario ttyd. The w-emblem badge allows mario dress up as wario. That is an obious reference to wario.
superstar saga, another appearence
i'm not sure, because anyone can make an internet page, but... http://sm128c.com/april2005/
- It's fake. The sprite here is from Wario Land 4.
- Shokora (talk · edits) 07:19, 16 March 2013 (EDT)
partners in time (cameo)
in PIT, Mario and Luigi are brought aboard, where Toadsworth disregards their story, thinking that they were not right in the head. The heroes, both past and present, then witness what has happened to Peach's Castle. It has been turned into Shroob Castle, with a giant Princess Shroob statue in the center.
Mario and the others in the Koopa Cruiser.Suddenly, a figure appears above the Koopa Cruiser. It is Princess Shroob, who launches a missile at them, taking down their engine.
while this is happening, the upper- screen flashes red, and luigi and baby luigi get, while the screen is red, a yellow cap and a purple shirt, what references to wario. a example for this is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRNjduIAHxg
Was seeing this on the main page and am thinking the first sentence of this article could use some rewriting, though I don't want to mess with it due to the featured status. It seems clumsy with two clauses starting with "and" in a row (mayhap it can be split into two sentences?) and isn't clear on the character's status as an anti-hero (it first implies it as his core role, then contradicts itself in stating that he is only "occasionally an anti-hero" later in the same sentence).--vellidragon (talk) 17:10, 21 July 2013 (EDT)
Profiles and Statistics page
I'm adding this here because if I add this to the Profiles and Statistics page it won't be seen. For some reason, on that page, nearly everything is italicized; everything except the title and the opening sentence. All of the parts that shouldn't be italicized (headers, character names) are in italics, and even the article, discussion, edit, history, move, watch, and user panel parts are italicized! I'm not sure who to direct this to so I'm just writing this here instead. MarioComix (talk) 01:27, 6 April 2014 (EDT)
The Super Mario Bros Super Show
I heard something stating that Wario and Waluigi were actually in The episode Plumbers academy. Was it really Wario and Waluigi, or was it just a Wario and Waluigi look alike. I'm not sure if it was them or not can someone confirm ?
About Wario Stealing Koopa's Kart in MK64
The article states that Wario is said to have stolen Koopa Troopa's kart in the MK64 instruction manual. But I've been looking through the manual over and over again and I can't see anything about Koopa Troopa or his stolen kart anywhere. So where exactly is this information stated? Did I miss it somehwow? Or is it in a different region's manual? Or maybe it was actually in a players guide? Whatever the case, I think this bit of information should be cited. Buddy Christ (talk)
- I swear I removed that one before. Anyway, I've checked copies of both the NA and PAL manual and neither of them state such a thing, so I removed it. If that information is added back, it better be sourced. --Glowsquid (talk) 20:52, 18 October 2014 (EDT)
That quote is WAY too long
Yeah, I'm going to change the quote to something a
LOT little shorter.