Character or Species?
I've come to think that Whacka is more of a character instead of a different whacka every time. He calls himself 'Whacka,' not 'A whacka,' and has wound up in the PM games about twice. --King Piranha Plant 20:30, 3 February 2007 (EST)
Read the Mario Party 6 part. User:Knife/sig1
- Oh, alright. Thanks for pointing that out.--King Piranha Plant 21:00, 3 February 2007 (EST)
- This game was made by a different developer, though. I do have a feeling Whacka might have been supposed to be one of a kind. Wonky is the most obvious proof of this, but also note that in all 3 the Paper Mario games Whacka's dialogue is more or less the same. However, even though Intelligent Systems created Whacka, it seems they don't have any more say in Whacka's background than Hudson Soft. What's a Wiki to do? General Guy 17:37, 28 September 2007 (EDT)
...Do we have any proof those moles in Mario Party 6 were Whackas? They do look similar but, they look more like just moles. Paper Jorge! I give paper cuts so stand back!
Here's an proof taken by me from a video. It really looks like a Whacka don't you think? User:Spongyoshi 11:48, 1 July 2014 (UTC)
Number of whacks?
Merge Whacka with Monty Mole
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
don't merge 1-20
I think that Whacka should be merged with Monty Mole as they seem to be the same type of creature, just with a couple of physical differences.
- Raven Effect (talk) Different name, Different appearance, different role in the game no reason to merge.
- Bop1996 (talk) This is based off speculation since the characteristics shared between the two are merely those shared by many ground-dwelling mammals.
- Walkazo (talk) - These completely different species should keep their completely separate pages.
- Lord Grammaticus (talk) - Per all. I'm flabbergasted as to how this is even a thing.
- Mario4Ever (talk) Per all.
- UltraMario3000 (talk) Per all.
- YoshiGo99 (talk) You can just see they are different by their looks.
- Tails777 (talk) They look nothing alike and act totally different. Per all.
- FourPaperHeroes (talk) Well this is just silly, no offense. Per all.
- M&SG (talk) - They're not the same species, so they should stay separate.
- ThePremiumYoshi (talk) - Per all. There's no consistent reason to merge them.
- New Super Yoshi (talk) Is a Whacka even related to a Monty Mole. Per All.
- Bowser's luma (talk) An obvious no from me, they are not even related. Per all.
- yoshiyoshiyoshi (talk) Monty Moles and Whacka both appear in Paper Mario...theyre nothing alike. Their just both moles. Just because toads and goombas are mushrooms, should we merge them too?
- Grapes (talk) - Are you blind? The term different species pretty much sum up my point.
- Danimario9 (talk) Per Raven Effect and Bowser's luma.
- Not Bugsy (talk) - They're both moles, but that's it. Compared side-by-side in Paper Mario, they barely even look similar. It's not like we would merge Lumas and Stars because they're similar, would we?
- Commander Code-8 (talk) 'because they seem the same' This is a terrible reason to merge the articles.
- Good Magikrazy (talk) Suppose we were Bulbapedia. Here are two Pokemon that fall under the mole category, Dugtrio and Excadrill. Would there be any sense in splitting these two? No. That being said, per all.
- yoshiyoshiyoshi, there is proof given that Whacka and Monty Moles are both moles; there is nonee given that both Goombas and Toads are mushrooms (although Toads definately are). Maybe merging Rocky Wrench and Monty Mole would be better, because both of them are identical except for their habitat, which constantly changes for the MontyMoles anyway, and their methods of attack, although they both start attacking the same way (both pop out of the ground first).M&L (talk)
- Being the same species of animal =/= sufficient reason for a merge. Plus, the merge you suggested was already proposed, and then opposed. Lord Grammaticus 19:30, 6 February 2012 (EST)
- Sorry! I don't know everything, OK? Go bug someone else on another talk page and just LEAVE ME ALONE!M&L+No Moar Picklez=Wurld War III 19:32, 6 February 2012 (EST)
- I never assumed you did. Plus, you realize that proposals are more or less free for people to comment on. When you make any sort of proposal, you should be prepared to handle any and all statements, especially those containing dissenting opinions. Lord Grammaticus 19:44, 7 February 2012 (EST)
- Yes, okay, but you're making a dissenting opinion WHILE NOT VOTING. This place is for helping the vote and seeing the proposal through or stopping it. If you don't get some of the opposing comments or don't understand the proposal, you post here. What you are posting isn't helping, so go bye-bye, okay?M&L+No Moar Picklez=Wurld War III=[[Image:SMG YellowLuma.jpg|45px]]| 20:34, 8 February 2012 (EST)
- I KNOW! I just can't stand that stuck up Lord Dumbaticus any more! He's worse than Raven Effect! At least Raven Effect is nice and uses common sense!M&L+No Moar Picklez=Wurld War III=[[Image:SMG YellowLuma.jpg|45px]]| 20:54, 8 February 2012 (EST)
- WHAT?! I wasn't flaming! That was a compliment to you, man. Like, chill out. Seriously.M&L+No Moar Picklez=Wurld War III=[[Image:SMG YellowLuma.jpg|45px]]| 21:02, 8 February 2012 (EST)
"Yes, okay, but you're making a dissenting opinion WHILE NOT VOTING."
There's this thing called actually checking the vote. It's a part of the whole common sense package you were talking about - you should try it sometime. Lord Grammaticus 22:22, 10 February 2012 (EST)
The same Whacka?
The Whackas in Paper Mario, PMTTYD and Super Paper Mario are all named Whacka. Do you think they are the same Whacka? (BTW, there is only one Toad named Toad, so I think there is only one Whacka named Whacka.) Another gossip-loving Toad (talk) 01:20, 1 December 2014 (EST)