||Mario Party 5
Mario Can-Can is a 2-vs.-2 minigame found in Mario Party 5. Its name comes from "can-can," a type of dance.
Each team is in charge of opening a can, done so by jumping on or ground-pounding platforms attached to a can opener. As the players continue to jump or ground-pound, the can opener slowly goes around the top of the can, opening it. Players must take turns jumping or ground-pounding in order to get the most leverage from each jump or Ground Pound. The first team to open its can and release the contents wins. If neither team does so within a certain time limit, the minigame ends in a draw.
- Fruits – Various fruits erupt from the can.
- Candies – Various sweets erupt from the can.
- Flowers – Flowers erupt from the can.
- Balloons – Balloons fly out of the can.
- Goomba – Many Goombas or a gold Goomba erupts from the can.
- Thwomp – A Thwomp repeatedly hops out of and back into the can.
- Hammers – A large hammer followed by small hammers erupt from the can.
- Rules – "Open the can using the seesaw can opener. Alternate jumps on the seesaw to open the can."
- Advice – "A Ground Pound will make the can opener move faster."
Names in other languages
|Can Opener Seesaw
||Dosenöffnen im Team
||Team Can Openers
||¡Que lata de lata!
||What a Pain of a Can! (pun with various meanings of the word lata)