Rattle and Hmmm
|Rattle and Hmmm|
|Appears in||Super Mario Party|
|Time limit||15 seconds to select an enemy per round|
|Music track||Rattle and Hmmm|
Rattle and Hmmm is a 4-Player minigame appearing in Super Mario Party. Its name is a nod to the album Rattle and Hum by the Irish band U2. It is also the only minigame to have a unique ending music track outside the Challenge Road due to its game show aesthetic.
In this minigame, players must pay attention to the rumble in the Joy-Con that three enemies make. After all enemies have performed, the players must listen to the rumble sequence and select the enemy that best matches the rumble sequence. The first player to answer correctly gets five points, the second player to do so gets three points, the third player gets two points, and the fourth player gets one point. Players who answer incorrectly are given no points. After three rounds, the player with the most points wins.
On the Challenge Road, this is the second challenge of Mushroom Beach and the 23rd challenge overall. The goal is 10 points for the normal challenge and 13 points for the Master Challenge.
- Blooper (shortest pause between rumbles)
- Cheep Cheep (medium pause between rumbles)
- Porcupuffer (longest pause between rumbles)
- Grrrol (steady rumbling)
- Wiggler (scampering rumbling)
- Several Chargin' Chucks (like Wiggler but shorter-lasting)
- Cheep Chomp (shortest-lasting rumble)
- Torpedo Ted (medium-length rumble)
- Dragoneel (longest-lasting rumble)
- / (horizontal) – Feel rumble
- – Move cursor
- – Select
- "Pay close attention to the rumbling to find the answer!"
- "Feel the difference between three types of rumbling."
- "The first to find the right answer gets the most points!"
- Tips: "Pay close attention to the intensity and duration of the rumbles."
Names in other languages
|Dutch||Gevoelskwesties||Matter of feelings|
|French (NOA)||Questions de vibrations||Questions of Vibrations|
|French (NOE)||Question de vibrations||Question of Vibrations|
|Spanish||Concurso vibrante||Vibrating Contest|