Fruits of Doom
- Not to be confused with Fruit of the Doom.
|Fruits of Doom|
|Appears in||Mario Party 4|
|Time limit||5 seconds per turn|
|Music track||Play with Bowser|
At the beginning of the minigame, Bowser says a list of ten or eleven fruits he wants. The list of fruits speeds up to the point where the final fruits on Bowser's list are visible for only about four frames, making the end of the list barely understandable. After Bowser finishes his list, the players take turns bringing him a fruit. If a player brings a fruit that is on the list, then the participants keep playing.
The eight fruit choices shown in the minigame are in order from left to right as follows: a strawberry, a melon, an apple, an orange, a bunch of grapes, a pair of cherries, a bunch of bananas, and a pineapple. Despite their appearances, the fruits do not have to be brought in any specific order; rather, each successful offering removes a corresponding fruit from the list Bowser gave at the beginning. As the minigame progresses, Bowser may occasionally show second thoughts before eating the fruit that he is given regardless of whether he is given a correct fruit or not, but it is simply intended as a bluff; if Bowser consumes the fruit, it is correct. The minigame continues until someone brings a fruit that is not on Bowser's list or that has been eliminated from his list, which causes that player to get burned by Bowser and lose the minigame.
- – Move
- – Select fruit
- Bowser – "Gwa ha ha ha! Welcome!! Well, this time the Bowser game is... Fruits of Doom!!"
- Koopa Kid 1 – "Want to hear the rules?"
- Koopa Kid 1 (if "Yes" is chosen) – "All right, listen up, weaklings! I'm gonna explain the rules of this game!"
- Koopa Kid 2 – "So no snoozing!"
- Koopa Kid 1 – "Master Bowser will say which fruits he wants to eat!"
- Koopa Kid 2 – "He's very particular..."
- Koopa Kid 1 – "Then you guys must find the right fruit and bring it to him!"
- Koopa Kid 2 – "And don't mess up!!"
- Koopa Kid 1 – "Stand in front of the fruit and press to grab it."
- Koopa Kid 2 – "Yeah! Press , ya simpletons!"
- Koopa Kid 1 – "If you bring a fruit that Master Bowser didn't ask for... Or if you bring more than the number he asked for..."
- Koopa Kid 2 – "...I love this part..."
- Koopa Kid 1 – "Then things might get a wee bit warmer for you!!"
- Koopa Kid 2 – "Yeah! Like a London broil!!"
- Koopa Kid 1 – "Now, let's get started."
- Bowser – "I am so very HUNGRY!!! You! Weaklings! Bring fruit to satiate the mighty Koopa King!! What refreshing flavor do I long for...? (fruits he asks for) Now, bring them quickly!!"
- Bowser (if someone brings him a fruit that is on his list too many times or a fruit that is not on his list) – "NOOO!!!"/"GET RID OF THIS!!!"/"I CAN'T EAT THIS!!!"
- Bowser (if someone brings a fruit on his list) – "SCRUMPTIOUS!!!"/"DEE-LISSSH!!!"/"YUMMY!!!"
Names in other languages
Kuppa no Panikku Furūtsu
|Bowser's Panic Fruit|
|French||Les Fruits de la Mort||Fruits of Death|
|German||Obst des Schicksals||Fruit of Fate|
|Italian||Tutti i frutti||All the fruits|
|Spanish||Las frutas de la ira||The fruits of wrath|
- Bowser is depicted with yellow teeth and horns in Fruits of Doom, while in Darts of Doom and Balloon of Doom, he has white teeth and horns.