|Appears in||Mario Party 4|
|Music track||Try Hard, Folks|
Mario Medley is a 4-Player minigame from Mario Party 4. The minigame is a race set in a swimming pool. If the player manages to reach the goal in a minute or less, they will unlock a Bowser plate in the Present Room.
The camera shows a closeup of the first players on a pedestal before the pool, panning across to the other players. The camera changes to a diagonal angle, and the players prepare to dive. At the "START!" signal, Toad fires his popgun, and the players jump into the water.
The race consists of three laps, each lap having a different type of stroke. The goal is to complete the three laps the fastest. However, the player must be careful, for their character has a stamina meter that indicates how tired their swimmer is. The faster they swim, the faster their stamina depletes. If it empties all the way, their character suffers a severe speed drop. The trick is to balance speed and stamina. If no one completes all three laps within five minutes, the minigame ends in a draw.
Once a player manages to finish all three laps, all swimmers stop. The camera zooms to the winner, who waves while still in the water. If five minutes pass, all swimmers stop where they are, not doing anything.
- + (Simultaneously) – Breaststroke
- → (Alternately) – Backstroke
- → (Alternately) – Crawl
- Game Rules – "Breaststroke, Backstroke, and Crawl. You must do a 25-meter lap of each different stroke to win this race."
- Advice – "If you swim too hard, you'll get tired, so watch your heart meter carefully!"
Names in other languages
|Medley Race Swimming|
|French||Relais 3 Nages||Relay 3 Medley|
|Italian||In piscina||In the swimming pool|
|Spanish||Los tres largos||The Three Laps|
- The medley in this minigame is different from an actual individual medley, which is, in order, butterfly, backstroke, breaststroke, and freestyle.