Talk:Giant Donkey Kong
I think we should keep it. Giant DK is a boss, not a simple effect of the Super Mushroom, like Giant Link or Giant Roy. About the Giant Kirby article, it should also be written since he's a boss as well. --Xeze 07:15, 6 February 2008 (EST)
As Xeze said, he's a boss. Even though this is a different form of DK, I think it should stay separate because of the distinctiveness of the subject in discussion. — Stooben Rooben But that's just my opinion.
Per SR. HyperToad
Should we mention the Giant DK in DK '94? The article for Giant Bowser mentions other appearances in games aside from Smash. --The Qu 03:43, 16 June 2010 (UTC)
Merge Giant Donkey Kong to Donkey Kong
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
Using same reasoning as in Giant Kirby and for plain consistency, plus pering the above discussion, I make this suggestion to merge these two articles.
- BabyLuigiOnFire (talk) Consistency is one of my priorities when making decisions.
- UltraMario3000 (talk) Per proposal.
- Pokémon Trainer Mario (talk) Per BLOF!
- MrConcreteDonkey (talk) - Per proposal.
- M&SG (talk) - I agree.
- Kaptain K. Rool (talk) - Unlike Giga Bowser, Giant Donkey Kong is just basically Donkey Kong in his giant form.
- Reddragon19k (talk) - Per all because merging is awesome!
- SWFlash (talk) Per Kaptain K. Rool.
- Bowser's luma (talk) We merged Giant Kirby, didn't we?
- Zero777 (talk) I am Zero! Per all. Zero signing out.
- Bop1996 (talk) Per Zero.
- DK and Diddy Kong vs Bowser and Bowser Jr. (talk) Per Kaptain King Rool.
- Magikrazy51 (talk) According to Pirate Goomba's Theory of Consistency, Giant Donkey Kong is a Giant version of Donkey Kong. For all we know, it's just Donkey Kong who ate a Super Mushroom before the fight. Plus, we don't have Giant Mario in a separate page from Mario. Per Kaptain K. Rool.
- Walkazo (talk) - Per all.
- Ultrahammer5365 (talk) Per all. Have to stay consistent.
One question. What should we do, in terms of Bowser and Giant Bowser. If Donkey Kong and Giant Donkey Kong are merged, shouldn't Bowser and Giant Bowser be too? Obviously this would require a new proposal. M&SG (talk) 09:01, 20 March 2011 (EDT)
- Reddragon19k: It isn't about because merging is awesome. It is about fixing the article by merging it into another article that will lessen the article count, but that isn't important. The real thing is that you must only merge pages when necessary. Kaptain K. Rool (talk)
- Prominence is key. Giant Donkey Kong only appeared in two games that weren't technically even Mario games. Magikrazy51 (talk)
Yeah but giant form doesn't pertain to only Donkey kong and what does prominence have to do with this it sounds to me like your picking and choosing when to follow your own rules all the forms are one in the same there still the same characters and there not the same character since you could fight it as donkey kong Iggykoopa (talk)
- I had to read through your comment TWICE to understand what point you are trying to deliver. And I am definitely NOT picking and choosing to follow "my own rules", I am simply trying to apply reasoning and logic to this situation. Your first point? If it doesn't only pertain to Donkey Kong, why do we need a page on Giant Donkey Kong? Prominence has EVERYTHING to do with reasons I am choosing to split this article. I don't see why we need a separate article describing one character who appeared in one match in one game, whereas Fire form as appeared in a multitude of games. Your last point? Super Smash Bros is a game where you can fight any playable character as any playable character....wait, that last point sounds contradictory, I do not know what you are trying to say.
- Why are you giving me an attitude? I really do not appreciate how you say to me "your picking and choosing when to follow your own rules". Instead of trying to infuriate me, why can't we be reasonable and logical? (T|C)
im sorry it's just i get confused because people on this wiki are constantly using different logic on proposals than using the total opposite of that in a different proposal that has the same sort of flow Iggykoopa (talk)
Should this be restored?
|This talk page or section has a conflict or a question that needs to be answered. Please try to help and resolve the issue by leaving a comment.|
With Jigglypuff's route in SSBU being a callback to the original SSB and having Giant Donkey Kong as the final boss (thus making it a deliberate recurring entity) I was wondering if this page should be restored. Especially considering a "giant Donkey Kong" was the final boss of the Game Boy Donkey Kong, and "Donkey Kong in a robot" from the sequel getting its own page (this would also match up with how we handle Super Bowser). Doc von Schmeltwick (talk) 22:04, April 9, 2019 (EDT)
- I think that a counterproposal is required. -- FanOfYoshi 10:18, April 11, 2019 (EDT)
- And even then, Giant Donkey Kong in the original Super Smash Bros. was distinct, because there were no items that allowed playable fighters to grow bigger or shrink smaller. The one in Ultimate is literally just Donkey Kong with a permanent Super Mushroom (which is a pretty neat callback like the rest of Jigglypuff's Classic Mode). Even the game acknowledges this, only showing Donkey Kong on the VS screen before the fight, without the "Giant" moniker at the start. – Owencrazyboy9 (talk) 11:06, April 11, 2019 (EDT)