MarioWiki talk:Autoconfirmed users
- 1 Add to Welcome template
- 2 Page creation
- 3 Edits
- 4 Creating own userpage
- 5 I waited one week already!
- 6 Can't edit my user page
- 7 Beta Elements articles
- 8 Addition to List of Rights
- 9 Wait?
- 10 Not much info
- 11 edits
- 12 When did I join?
- 13 Problem...
- 14 Request for auto-confirm ship
- 15 Problem!
- 16 FOUR DAYS?????
- 17 Files
- 18 4 days passed, not autoconfirmed yet?
- 19 Uh...
- 20 Another Question
- 21 Reverse autoconfirmation
Add to Welcome template
I think this page, once expanded, should be added to the Welcome template. While the template may still be ignored, maybe it'll be noticed every once in awhile and save some "How do I get autoconfirmed?" questions. Redstar 16:16, 18 December 2009 (EST)
- Nice idea. I will try to expand it a little before doing so. Or I can just link it now.... --™ The 'Shroom 16:30, 18 December 2009 (EST)
- You can go ahead and just add it, since it provides all the necessary information. It can be expanded and prettified at leisure. Redstar 16:33, 18 December 2009 (EST)
I'm not entirely sure how your community operates, but from one wiki veteran, I can tell you that restricting page creation to autoconfirmed users is not the best idea. Yes, it prevents spammers, but it also creates problems.
Also, this prevents new users from creating their own profile pages. I just discovered this while attempting to reference my user page to my Zelda Wiki page.
Just something to consider. And believe me, we've had our fair share of spammers, so I understand your motives completely.ZW Neo 00:55, 20 January 2010 (EST)
Well, there are ways to get to get around the system. If you can't wait the one week period to create a new user page, bring it up here and a sysop will create the page for you. Personally, I've seen a huge cut down on deletions due to vandalism.--Knife (talk) 01:07, 20 January 2010 (EST)
Wouldn't be better if users could become autoconfirmed by making a certain amount of edits, instead of just waiting a week. I mean, a vandal can just make an account, wait a few days, and create spam articles. Also, if a user wants to create their own userpage, this would have to work hard and earn ability to create one. Fawfulfury65
Creating own userpage
I like the idea of having autoconfirmed users not being able to create pages; however, I think it would be appropriate to give new users the ability to create their own userpage, as the userpage is the place where users can identify themselves, and I'm sure many users (like myself) would like to do this upon joining. If this is possible to do with the current system, would this be open for discussion? Meanwhile, if an admin happens to be reading this, creating my userpage real quick so I could edit it would be much appreciated :) Thanks, ~SuperHamster Talk Contribs 21:40, 11 April 2010 (EDT)
- I just discovered the propsal page, so I'll probably bring it up there (can't now - I'm on an iPod) ~SuperHamster Talk Contribs 23:26, 11 April 2010 (EDT)
- Hello. That measure is to prevent people from focusing on their userspace. It is necessary, and it can't be changed by a proposal. --™ The 'Shroom 15:46, 12 April 2010 (EDT)
I waited one week already!
I created my account last Sunday and today is Sunday. How come I'm not autoconfirmed yet? SeanWheeler 11:46, 16 May 2010 (EDT)
- Try waiting until tomorrow. It should work then. Fawfulfury65
Can't edit my user page
Beta Elements articles
I have noticed that my account is still not one week old, yet I am able to edit Beta Elements articles. I think that the same rule should apply for beta articles. Some vandal could say something like: "Wario was originally confirmed to be in SMG2, but he was replaced by the Rock Mushroom."- that is just a made-up example of what a vandal could put down. If game articles are locked for new users, than why not the beta articles?--Holyromanemperortatan 15:51, 7 November 2010 (UTC)
- Just higher traffic articles are blocked. We don't want to block the new users from completely editing. --™ The 'Shroom 00:22, 8 November 2010 (UTC)
Addition to List of Rights
One item is left out of the list located near the top of the article.
- Upload new versions of existing files
Wait, do I have to make 10 edits and wait a week? Or one or the other? I'm confused. Super Wario Bros 00:44, 6 December 2010 (UTC)
- As long as you have at least 10 edits and have been a member for a week, you'll retain your autoconfirmed status. In other words, once you have it, you'll never lose it. --staple720 01:29, 6 December 2010 (UTC)
Not much info
We should add info from Wikipedia, like when you was banned at least once you will never get autoconfirm status again. SWFlash
Thank you bowser's luma --Peanutbutter-girl 21:25, 17 March 2011 (EDT)peanutbutter-girl
That's weird! I made quite a few edits and my account is more than a week old, so why can't I edit this? From Jcharlesk
When did I join?
How do I find out when I joined? I am think it was August 22 but I am not sure. Arceus79
Okay, well never mind. I found it. Now I am wondering: Do I have to wait until the time it says?
- As in do you have to wait until the exact hour/minute you joined, plus a week, to become autopatrolled? Yes. - Walkazo 20:06, 29 August 2011 (EDT)
I made 11 edits (counting this one) and it says you need atleast 10 edits to become autoconfirmed. How do I become autoconfirmed? —Big Koopa 21:53, 3 February 2012 (EST)
- Have you had an account for a week Raven Effect (talk)
Request for auto-confirm ship
I would like to create pages on SMW without waiting a week and making 10 edits to SMW. BrandonSkyPimenta 09:17, 16 April 2012 (EDT)
- Go to upper right, look at your "preferences", and look under "member of groups". If it says autoconfirmed in there, then that's it. (T|C) 15:16, 1 September 2015 (EDT)
NO WAY IN HELL can i wait that long!!!!! I need to make a page about super mario flash cuz im a expert at that game ! Ill tell all about the game and how you can make your own levels and all that cat shit just please lemme make a page about it now please please please
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Zombienom (talk).
- Sorry. All of us had to wait four days before we could create an article. You're not the only one who had to wait. (talk|contribs)|
- You'll have to be patient, four days isn't as long as it seems. Waiting is mandatory to be autoconfirmed. Golden Yoshi 23:54, 1 January 2016 (EST)
I want to upload 2 files, but I can't create pages because I'm not autoconfirmed.
They are already placed in gallery of Super Mario Bros 3 but the images don't exist. PiotrMarioLuigi (talk) 03:16, 23 January 2017 (EST)
I added them... They exist now. PiotrMarioLuigi (talk, contributions) 02:55, 27 January 2017 (EST)
4 days passed, not autoconfirmed yet?
If autoconfirmed means being a user of the wiki for four days and making at least five edits to create your userpage, how do some people create their userpage with less than five edits? Mari0fan100 (talk) 22:41, 23 January 2019 (EST)
- Autoconfirmation doesn't restrict userspace edits. 16:07, 3 March 2019 (EST)
I have waited for two weeks (just to be sure I'm autoconfirmed). After that, I've done 2 edits: one on this page and the other on Talk: Paper Mario: Color Splash. Does it still count to the autoconfirmation process? Eleven23 (talk) 23:53, March 23, 2019 (EDT)
- Any edit counts toward the autoconfirmation process. There are settings that keep userspace edits out of it, but I don't think we have those installed. 23:59, March 23, 2019 (EDT)