A Dropper in Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land
|First appearance||Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land (1994)|
- “Heads up! This character waits for Wario and falls from the ceiling with its spikes down”
- —Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land instruction booklet, page 18
Droppers are mollusk enemies that inhabit Kitchen Island in Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3. They are mostly found in Rice Beach, but they can also be found in other areas such as Sherbet Land, where they can be seen frozen in ice blocks. Droppers are named for their abilities to drop from ceilings, which they are able to cling to with their snail-like underbellies. Their behavior and appearance are similar to those of the upside-down Spinies from Super Mario Bros. 3. They inch towards Wario while still on the ceiling and will come crashing down when he is within striking distance, causing damage upon contacting their spiky shells. To defeat a Dropper, Wario must wait for it to fall from the ceiling and then attack while it is defenseless. In this state, the creature can also be picked up and thrown at another enemy. Upon defeat, the monster will cough up a coin.
Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
- Japanese Virtual Console manual: 天井に張りついています。ワリオが近づくとドリルのように回転して落ちてきますが、地面に刺さると身動きできなくなります。(It is stuck to the ceiling. When Wario approaches, it spins like a drill and falls down, but if it gets stuck in the ground, it cannot move.)
Tribe: Aqua clan
Disposition: Flustered person
Game appearances: Land 3
Once we stop, we're safe.
Normally, they are attached to the ceiling, and when an enemy approaches, they attack by spinning and dropping down. However, once they fall, they cannot move, so they can be easily defeated.
Names in other languages
|Japanese onomatopoeia for grinding against something; shared with an enemy from Mario & Wario|
- Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 English instruction booklet, page 18.
- Japanese Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 Virtual Console manual, section 15.
- 「パーフェクト版 マリオキャラクター大事典」 (Perfect Ban Mario Character Daijiten), page 71.
- Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land Japanese instruction booklet, page 19.
- European Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 Instruction Booklet, page 116
- Italian Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 Electronic manual, section 15
|Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3|
|Characters||Wario • Brown Sugar Pirates • Mario|
|Bosses||Spiked Koopa • Minotaur • Penguin • Devil's Head • Bobo • Ghost • Captain Syrup • Genie|
|Worlds||Rice Beach • Mt. Teapot • Sherbet Land • Stove Canyon • SS Tea Cup • Parsley Woods • Syrup Castle|
|Power-ups||Bull Pot • Dragon Pot • Garlic Pot • Jet Pot • Star|
|Collectibles||? Block • 1 Gold Coin • 10 Gold Coin • 100 Coin • 3-Up Heart • Heart • Key • Treasure|
|Enemies and obstacles||Batto Shuruken • Bee Fly • Big • Bō • Bucket Head • Chicken Duck • D.D. • Demon Bat • Dropper • Floater • Gaugau • Goboten • Guragura • Harisu • Helmut • Knight • Konotako • Kōmori Missile • Lance • Maizō • Mine • Muncher • Paidan • Pecan • Penkoon • Pikkarikun • Pinwheel • Piranha Plant • Pirate Goom • Pouncer • Skewer • Sparky • Spiked ball • Togemaru • Ukiwani • Wanderin' Goom • Watch • White puff • Yadorā • Yarikuri Obake|