Artwork of Minotaur from Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
|First appearance||Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 (1994)|
The Minotaur is a member of the Brown Sugar Pirates in Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3. As the leader of Mt. Teapot, he is the second boss Wario needs to overcome to reach Captain Syrup's treasure. The Minotaur is immune to head stomps and Ground Pounds, due to his horns and thick hide. The Minotaur attempts to destroy him by picking him up and throwing him into the lava below their battleground. To defeat the boss, Wario has to stun him with a body slam or fire breath as Dragon Wario before picking him up and throwing him into the lava on either side of the boss arena.
Profiles and statistics
Nintendo Character Guide (1994)
This guy tries to horn in on Wario's turf and he thinks his snout ring is the greatest thing since hay.
Game appearances: Land 3
Power Burst! Minotaur
He is the boss of Mt. Teapot, and as you can see, he is a man of great strength. He uses his strength to grab Wario by the scruff of the neck and throw him overboard. Before he can grab him, hit him with your body, knock him out, and drop him in the ocean!
Names in other languages
|Derived from「ビーフ」(bīfu, beef)|
|German||Beefne||From the Japanese name|
- In an internal Nintendo character guide used during the 1990s, the Minotaur is known as Raging Bull.
- Campbell, Stuart. Game Boy Game Secrets, 1999 Edition Prima's Official Strategy Guide. Page 96.
- 「パーフェクト版 マリオキャラクター大事典」 (Perfect Ban Mario Character Daijiten), page 168.
- Volume 11 of Super Mario-Kun
- Club Nintendo 4/1994, p. 52
- Club Nintendo (Italy) Numero 4 - 1994, page 21. "Dovrai sconfiggere il Minotauro prima di avere accesso al livello successivo." (You'll need to defeat the Minotaur before you can enter the next level.)
- Nintendo Character Manual, 1994
|Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3|
|Characters||Wario • Brown Sugar Pirates • Mario|
|Bosses||Spiked Koopa • Minotaur • Penguin • Devil's Head • Bobo • Ghost • Captain Syrup • Genie|
|Worlds||Rice Beach • Mt. Teapot • Sherbet Land • Stove Canyon • SS Tea Cup • Parsley Woods • Syrup Castle|
|Power-ups||Bull Pot • Dragon Pot • Garlic Pot • Jet Pot • Star|
|Collectibles||? Block • 1 Gold Coin • 10 Gold Coin • 100 Coin • 3-Up Heart • Heart • Key • Treasure|
|Enemies and obstacles||Batto Shuruken • Bee Fly • Big • Bō • Bucket Head • Chicken Duck • D.D. • Demon Bat • Dropper • Floater • Gaugau • Goboten • Guragura • Harisu • Helmut • Knight • Konotako • Kōmori Missile • Lance • Maizō • Mine • Muncher • Paidan • Pecan • Penkoon • Pikkarikun • Pinwheel • Piranha Plant • Pirate Goom • Pouncer • Skewer • Sparky • Spiked ball • Togemaru • Ukiwani • Wanderin' Goom • Watch • White puff • Yadorā • Yarikuri Obake|