From the Super Mario Wiki, the Mario encyclopediaJump to navigationJump to search
- This article is about the minigame in WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$!. For Wario's doctor alter-ego, see Wario § Dr. Mario series.
Dr. Wario is a minigame that can be unlocked in WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$! by completing 20 mails on Jimmy T.'s first stage. The game is based on the NES version of Dr. Mario, and has nearly identical gameplay.
Dr. Wario himself reappears in the WarioWare: Get It Together! microgame Eye Exam.
Differences from Dr. Mario
- Dr. Wario is the main character.
- The Viruses look noticeably different from their Dr. Mario counterparts. The standard Viruses appear in the Dr. Mario microgame.
- The font used for the text is slightly different. This is most noticeable in the numbers.
- There is no 2-player mode.
- The menu to select the starting level and capsule drop speed does not have a music option. Consequently, there is no way to turn the music off.
- The player can press Down to accelerate falling Capsule pieces after a line clear.
- The bottle is shorter, being 13 cells tall compared to the 16-cell bottle of Dr. Mario.
- Due to the smaller bottle size, each level has fewer Viruses than its Dr. Mario counterpart.
- The music and sounds are similar, but not identical, to the originals.
- The title screen music is in G major instead of A major.
- A version of Chill is used during levels, with a version of the Fever clear music used upon beating a level.
Names in other languages