Hey. I'm Mario, your local MarioWiki janitor. What else do I do? You can check below to get a taste of what my editing habits and goals are, even though I rarely meet them myself.
So, let that sink in.
Emotes I use
Wario's stupid smug grin gets wiped off the face of the Earth... and in outer space too!
MarioWiki has a rich set of sprites which are pretty perfect for emotes, but it's not in widespread use.... But I do use them! I'm going to paste some here just for my convenience.
[[File:WC98 Mario V-sign.png]]
[[File:M&LPiT Luigi Dizzy Sprite.gif]]
[[File:Paper Mario Dizzy.png]]
[[File:MK8 PTT Cargo Truck Render.gif|60px]]
[[File:SMW Mario Explodes.png]]
[[File:Club Nintendo Classic SMB2 01.png|70px]]
My ongoing wiki plans: kill Wario
"Fufufufufufufufufufufufufu..." - Me
Okay so I'm not an actual Mario and I don't go by "Maria" or "Marion" or whatever. In reality, I'm Emilie and I'm a dumb American woman with French and Chinese heritage. I reside somewhere in the Santa Clara county in California. My home address will be revealed once I figure out how to divide by zero. I suppose it's already a given, since you're browsing this wiki, but I'm a major Mario fanatic in terms of games and the character. People say this about themselves a lot, but I'm one of the most passionate Mario fangirls here, so I really, really love Mario. He's not exactly the traditional aspect of handsome, but I still think he's so cute!
Little details about me? Oh, yes, I'm left-handed, which gave rise to my primary more well-known alias, LeftyGreenMario (talk). Coincidentally, in politics, I'm a leftist and a believer in democratic socialism. I'm also a strong atheist, which means I do not believe in the existence of God and I reject all religions. Finally, I'm an asexual aromantic which means I have no sexual nor romantic attraction to any sex/gender, and I am cisgender. As well as being interested in Mario and video games, I also enjoy casual birding and drawing, and I own a very adorable cockatiel. I love birds; my favorite wild bird is the California scrub jay and I know most of my birds around my area. I also love lots of different kinds of food, especially Chinese, Korean, and Japanese food and I'm far from a picky eater, wishing one day I can try chitterlings on pizza. I also enjoy all sorts of music though the genres I listen to the most are heavy metal, rock, modern pop, R&B, funk/soul/disco, electronic dance music, jazz, and rap/hip-hop. I'm open to listening to other genres, such as country, chiptune, dubstep, jpop/kpop/cpop. Soundtracks from video games are cool too, but are not my favorite.
I have an identical twin sister going by Ray Trace (talk) who shares a similar strong interest and passion for the Mario series, except she loves Baby Luigi as much as I love Mario.
Stuff I do
|LeftyGreenMario's terrible userbox tower (don't worry, it's not as atrocious as the last attempt)
|This user is an official
super janitor administrator of the Super Mario Wiki.
|This user is friends with Baby Luigi
|This user has been on the wiki for over 10 years.
|This user's favorite Mario character is Mario. Who would've guessed?
|This user's second favorite Mario character is Luigi. He's a great brother!
|Mia mama, this user is a big fan of Metal Mario!
|This user thinks Baby Mario is awesome.
|This user roots for Toad. Even if his identity is such a pain in the ass.
|This user's least favorite Mario character is Yoshi.
|This user is a known Wario hater and regularly destroys him in video games.
|You will never see this user with an ape with hair, nicknamed "Loser Kong" by Roy Koopa. This user will also stop at absolutely nothing to kill him.
|This user doesn't hate Waluigi, but will stop at absolutely nothing to perform the worst action that isn't lethal to him.
|This user likes to crush things especially Wario.
|This user owns absolutely adorable Mario toys and cuddles and snuggles the Mario one to death!
|This user loves The Sims and creates and uses Mario-like Sims!
|This user loves the Kirby games and uses the yellow-colored Kirby whenever it's appropriate. Dazzling!
|This user had no idea that Kirby was a Jedi.
|Raise the devil horns! This user listens to metal music..
|This user thinks Mario should ROCK ON!
|Sad trumpet noises. This user listens to jazz.
|Parental advisory: this user listens to rap.
|Jump up superstar! This user listens to EDM.
|Wake up in the morning feeling like P. Diddy
Kong... This user listens to pop!
|I'm a survivor! This user listens to R&B!
|This user listens to video game music.
|GOO GOO GAGA SPAGHETTI. This user thinks Baby Mario and Baby Luigi need released modern 2D art for promotional material like how everyone else seems to get it.
|Why is Mario always doing bunny ears to no one?
|This user prefers Mario's retro getup.
|This user prefers Mario's modern day getup.
|This user says don't smoke or you'll look like THAT guy to the left.
|Bottoms up. This experienced pipe traveler recommends you enter ground pipes FEET FIRST or you'll look like THAT guy to the left.
|This user is probably not made of metal.
|This user thinks Mario should continue hitting Luigi for fun.
|This user is wondering how Luigi can live in the shadow of a man who's only half his size.
|This user thinks Luigi looks simply fabulous in a dress.
|Bazooka Mario says that ASM hacking is probably the only way to kill Weird Mario for sure.
|This user does not support Super Mario Maker and would advise those who are genuinely interested in creating Nintendo-quality levels to use unofficial level editors instead.
|This user thinks that the destination Wario is heading for is Fat Idiot Man Land. Why? Because both are GAS GIANTS.
|This user thinks that Wario is disgustingly ridiculous.
|À mon avis, Wario est terrible et stupide.
|This user hates Wario's guts and the rest of his body.
|This user destroys Wario and enjoys doing so.
|This user is a Super Mario Wiki contributor. This is the only userbox.
Aside from killing Wario, Donkey Kong, Ganondork, Mr. Krabs, Homer Simpson, Peter Griffin, and Eddy (from Ed Edd n Eddy), what do I do here? Mostly, I make minor edits and stuff. As stated previous, I'm a frequent participant in wiki projects and discussions around here including MarioWiki:Proposals, MarioWiki:Featured articles, and collaborations in the external forums.
I upload pictures I ripped or taken via Dolphin Emulator. I also use other emulators to take screenshots of games, mainly Mario Party. If there is a huge amount of Mario Party minigame pictures with Daisy, Waluigi, and Wario, blame it on my sister or me.
Purposeless Pellucid Pastel Prison
For my own convenience, here is what the Luigi's Mansion article should be required to have, or it should have it to be the difference between a good and a great article:
- Interactable objects with the Game Boy Horror (mirrors, mouse holes, cheese).
- A complete section of the Game Boy Horror and its functions.
- A table listing each enemy, with a short description and small image
- A table listing Mario's items and their locations. Flavor text upon finding the item is encouraged but not really needed.
- A table listing miscellaneous objects that don't quite fit with others, such as Poison Mushrooms, Hearts, and Cheese. Other objects, including treasure chests and keys, should also be included.
- A better controls section, listing what each button does rather than lumping the thing into one paragraph.
- An expanded reception section.
This list may not be complete nor definitive and may be subject to change.
Could use some adjustments.
It's not about me, it's about the article. Here's what the article should have before it can be featured.
- Games and other media making a mere mention in "Other appearances" that should get their own section in the History section. This section also needs a link to the page detailing about references about Mario himself. Media required:
Trivia section can have some entrees moved.
Some sections have too much images. This is easily fixed.
- Some sections are also large. If they can be shortened, then they should.
Some crap needs to be trimmed from general information, namely the "aliases", "occupations", and "outfits".
This list may not be complete nor definitive and may be subject to change.
When I'm not working on the Mario article
And here are some opinions I have related to this article.
- While the personality section may seem bloated as it is, every aspect of that section is required; therefore, nothing can be majorly trimmed. Mario, unlike Link and other silent protagonists, is not a true silent protagonist. He is not a complete template, as he is consistently shown to be more aggressive than, say, Luigi. His lack of talking can bolster the claim that Mario is underdeveloped, so the paragraphs are needed. When Mario actually talks, however, it's a striking exception that needs mentioning. Since Mario spans not just from literally hundreds of games, but also books and comics, his personality section is bound to be naturally big from his large history, not from the complexity of his personality.
- The differences of looks between N64 and post-Luigi's Mansion may sound silly, but the transition from the N64 to the Gamecube is a quite big leap, with in-game models actually resembling the artwork. Afterward, from Gamecube-Wii U, the models are simply refined and more detailed rather than transitioning from a bunch of blocks to something much more sophisticated. Many characters have also received an overhaul in terms of artwork. N64 artwork is simplistic and less defined. There is a very visible difference between artwork from Mario Party 3 and Mario Party 4, so I think this difference needs to be noted. If you have a side-by-side comparison, Mario from N64 indeed looks very different. In fact, Super Smash Bros. Melee, an early Gamecube game, depicted Mario more as his N64 version than his Gamecube version.
- Unlike the Bowser article, the Mario article keeps its story-heavy sections short, not wide, overbearing synopsizes that qualify as full-length articles within an article. The biggest problem Mario has, however, is covering the obscure, yet accessible media such as Club Nintendo, Super Mario Adventures, and White Knuckle Scorin'. This, I will address shortly, but if I get the spare time to load and edit the article.
- I will try not to be protective of this article, but if I am, please tell me (politely).
This an official Terrible-Quality Writing seal of approval by Mario.
The article was nominated to be featured at one point (check the quality of the article at the time; it's really bad; pardon for the italics throughout the article, but some people back then had no clue how to close italics), but I can safely say that its only remaining problem is coverage, which I'm dutifully doing here and there. The rest of the problems pointed out in this nomination is hopefully gone and a relic of the past. I've also proofread the entire history section of the article at one point, so I did remove cruft and changed to present tense. What's remaining is, again, coverage and focusing this article's writing like a laser, spotting any more cruft or poor writing. I may have to ask other editors feedback to avoid personal biases which will cloud my judgement of the writing quality.
- Gems from that old revision
- "Despite his lengthy history, Mario is, in many ways, an undeveloped character, with many details of his accepted biography having been created through complex lore spawned from the imaginations of comic book artists, cartoon writers, and fans."
- "Mario has also appeared in Tomytec's Dots." (that was a trivia entry)
- "In the recent games, Mario's colors are lighter than his colors in 2002 to 2006."
- "However, Kamek, fearing the Star Children would ruin the plans of the Koopa Troop, attacked the stork and managed to kidnap Luigi but left Mario to plummet towards Yoshi's Island in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. By chance, Yoshi was walking below and cushioned Mario's fall. Confused at the baby's presence, Yoshi consulted his fellow Yoshis and they worked out a plan to trek across the island in an effort to save Luigi and return the babies to their parents."
- "These events formed the premise for Yoshi Touch & Go. How the events of the video game factor into the story is unconfirmed. These events formed the premise for Yoshi Touch & Go. How the events of the video game factor into the story is unconfirmed. (next paragraph) In "Plumbers Academy," Mario claimed that he was born with a plunger in his hand. Luigi stated that it was hard on their mother. Mario proved to be a hassle for his parents, as described in "Family Album "The Early Years"." Among the issues his parents had with him, Mario once broke the sink with a wrench while his mother was giving him a bath. Mario's hair grew out to its adult length very quickly. (WTF does this have to do with Yoshi Touch & Go!?)
- Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time: "Later in Mario's early life, after he had outgrown his diaper, he and his brother came to know Baby Peach. The three became good friends and playmates." (Yoshi's Island DS never happened!?)
- "The extraterrestrials made an assault on Princess Peach's Castle."
- Then it has some random ass section called "Growing up in Brooklyn". Is this some fanon speculation that's supposed to fill in between Yoshi's Island and the Mario cartoons? Wow... I haven't even realized how terrible MarioWiki was at the time, and I didn't even notice!
- "Abandoning carpentry and leaving Donkey Kong to his own devices, Mario entered the plumbing business with Luigi and formed Mario Brothers Plumbing as revealed in The Super Mario Bros. Super Show." Again, wtf!?
- "The Mario Bros. found the Mushroom Kingdom in a state of despair in Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros. Special. Koopa Troop soldiers, such as Goombas, Koopa Troopas, and Hammer Bros. patrolled the streets and immediately began to attack them." (Streets!? There are no "streets" in Super Mario Bros.!)
- "However, the brothers were unable to restore Peach to her throne according to The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!!" (This is in the Super Mario Bros. 2 section!)
- "Mario and Luigi met with their toughest challenges yet. Bowser had prepared an expansive, modern military, complete with tanks, airships, and ships capable of withstanding the lava that flowed throughout the world."
- "Mario had to brandish his infamous Hammer during the events of Wrecking Crew '98."
- "Using his new tail-tossing skill he hurled Bowser into a spiked bomb and ended his terrible reign." XD XD XD
- "After Luigi saved him from the painting he was imprisoned in by King Boo, Mario took a well deserved vacation with Peach and Toadsworth during the events of Super Mario Sunshine."
- "Mario & Luigi are back again in their latest appearance, Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story!"
- "Bowser follows Dark Star to a tower top, and an epic battle begins!"
- Spin-offs is separated from everything else. That wasn't such a bright idea.
- "Mario has even ventured onto the world of basketball in Mario Hoops 3 on 3. Fortunately, Mario was a successful basketball player as he had a extraordinary jumping ability."
- "Mario seems to not be bothered by certain temperature levels, even in volcanoes and tundras (although in Super Mario Sunshine Mario would take damage without his hat on due to the heat and in Super Mario 64, Mario would shiver when not moving in snow level). "
- "Mario has been shown to be incredibly powerful and strong, almost comparable to that of super-human strength." (Mario is also very fast and quick and fast)
Oh my god, I was way too young and inexperienced to understand this hilariously atrocious writing, but now I'm older, ...
I dump videos of Mario (and Luigi) talking so I can keep track of them
- Ash voice lines (they're not Mario or Luigi but it does definitely sound like Luigi)
There's various videos of Mario at Super Nintendo World and whatnot but they're all phone videos and whatnot so not very useful for me. Fun watches though!
- JessePinick isn't Martinet but he makes really good impressions of Mario.
King Fawful's questions and LeftyGreenMario's answers
Retrieved from LeftyGreenMario.
This was exactly my reaction when I realized what they did to Paper Mario: Sticker Star.
Q1: Have you ever tasted mustard of doom?
- Yes, and it's so spicy, my eyes popped away. I'm blind now.
Q2: You have been kidnapped by Professor E. Gadd! what do you do?
- I'd trick him by giving him a DVD of the Garbage Pail Kids. When the hideousness of the movie deeply engrosses him, I quietly sneak out.
Q3: Are you a lefty?
Q4: Are you green?
- I have a fair complexion, so no, I'm not green.
Q5: Are you Mario?
- Dang I wish. Even if I did have to go through a gender change.
Q6: I need to poop, but i'm not finished writing this! what should i do?
- Ask the next question. Isn't that obvious?
Q7: I just went. it felt good.
Q8: Do you like waffles?
- Yup. I like purple waffles the most, though, because they remind me of purple pizza with heavy syrup on top.
Q9: Do you like pancakes?
- I like crêpe more.
Q10: Do you like french toast?
- If I'm sharing them with Mario, then yes. Otherwise, I prefer purple waffles.
Wario's every day living is something like this but it turns out the world hates him
Wario's appliances are rebellious. Refrigerators fall on him, ovens hurl charcoal on his clothes, toasters mysteriously detach themselves, their prongs are face-up when he walks near the toaster; the toilet is backed up, the sinks spit rusty water all over his money, the blender tips over and spills, and the stovetop never turns on, but explodes when Wario tries farting on it to start it. The shower head is twisted at impossible angles, causing the water to spill out at random angles and intervals. His malfunctioning smoke detector, right outside his bedroom is beeping constantly and dripping something mysterious out of it, even with fresh batteries. Wario's debit card is rejected because Wario maxxed out all his credit cards (all with high APRs and annual fees). Wario's mobile phone restarts at random intervals and takes 30 minutes to boot, and Twitter especially drains his batteries even though that's the only site he goes on, and he is too lazy to close his 268 and counting tabs. Wario's internet provider is Xfinity, and his cables are twisted too, making it impossible for him to deal with the constant power surges the electrical outlets experience. The TV airs only recent Family Guy episodes and infomercials.
Wario's Car, which has six different flood damage reports on CARFAX, also goes off every night at least three times between 2-5am but never at a specific time. His fire extinguisher is located three flights down the stairs, which Wario has to use frequently because dust bunnies accumulate under his bed and occasionally burst into flames.
Neither repo people nor law enforcement can even enter his house, despite Wario's accumulation of arrest warrants, because it is such a biohazard, even though Wario's mortgage is underwater and his credit score is zero. Wario's house is so inhospitable that Martians can't live in it; even cockroaches hate it and all sorts of rain and snow, even acid rain, go around it. Wario's antenna, however, is an excellent conductor for lightning strikes. Anyone who parks their car near his house gets their ventilation system clogged.
A personal message for Wario from me back in 2009
Wario's last smiling moment before he gets hit by a star
or bullet bill.
I don't like Wario too much. One time, I made him 12th (along with BabyLuigiOnFire (talk)) in Mario Kart Wii by using stars and ramming into him continuously until he either fell off or the star ran out of power. Hey, I don't really race! I just want to ensure that guy is last!
Do you think I torture Wario in other games too? You bet. Wario got nabbed by a Pirahna Plant in the minigame Piranha's Pursuit and got gobbled up in Tug o' War in Mario Party. He loses badly by 40 stars in Mario Party 6 in Faire Square. He gets hit by a truck and a train in Mario Kart 64. He gets lapped in Mario Kart: Super Circuit. A smart bomb detonates on Wario in Super Smash Bros Brawl. In Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Yellow Kirby constantly crashes into Wario with a Warp Star and kills him right after he respawns, and this repeats so many times. In Mario Party 4, Wario gets zero stars and zero coins in the results while 3rd place has at least 9 stars. Wario gets blasted by the Zero Coin Laser in Mario Party Superstars. And there are more games, but this just shows that we don't nail Wario in Mario Kart Wii only.
Wipe that grin off your face, Wario!
You know, Wario tends to complain how much we torture him. "Waaaaah!" He cries! "Stop torturing meee!!" Yeah. I have no sympathy for him, but who does? Not even Nintendo, who made him a comic relief character. No one wants to be a comic relief character. No one wants to be bonked in the head by a bob-omb or "sweem" through the air (although that would be cool). Who knew? Everyone is just going to laugh and that comic relief character will have a horrible life. But I don't have sympathy for Wario.
In the next spinoff game that comes out, expect more Wario torture.
My Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Trophy collection
Was one of the first images I've put on my userpage.
|Warning: Contains descriptions of trophies that Nintendo doesn't want you to know
And remember: respect the curfew laws, kids!
Or else Luigi will call the cops on you
... and end up turning himself in
And thus, my chase for Wario extermination continues.
Any picture of me (or anyone else) is copyright of Nintendo because they said so! Muahahahaha. I guess.