Yoshi's Fruit Cart
Yoshi's Fruit Cart is a minigame appearing in the Wii U title, Nintendo Land. It requires the player to draw a path for the Mii on the Yoshi Cart to follow through each course. However, only the view of the course displayed on the TV screen shows the fruit that must be collected and obstacles that must be avoided along the way to the goal. This minigame is one of two from the 12 games in Nintendo Land to utilize its to draw paths on the touchscreen.
: Draw paths
|Name||How to unlock|
|5-Egg Exit||Reach the Goal Gate with five eggs following the Yoshi Cart.|
|3 Close Calls||Get close to a hazardous obstacle without running into it three times in one session.|
|Triple Bee Buffet||Use the chili plate to eat three bees.|
|Gatekeeper||Clear all 50 gates.|
|Gatemaster||Clear all 50 gates without the use of the blue check marks, warp gates, or another player removing a fruit.|
- Two songs for the jukebox:
| Stage Theme Medley - A medley of all five day music variations.||File info|
| Stage Theme Medley (Night) - A medley of all five night music variations.||File info|
- Apple: I have fond memories of my grandmother coming to bring me a basket of apples. Funny, I don't remember eating them...
- Bananas: Here's a tongue twister for you: banana banana banana banana banana banana. Devious, isn't it?
- Bee: These bees are serious predators, armed with stingers both at the rear and the mouth. Oh dear... I see that steely look in its eyes. It's after me!
- Egg: Oddly enough, these eggs follow the Yoshi Cart on their own--no coercion required. This is good, because I'm not sure how one would go about trying to reason with an egg.
- Goal Gate: These gates are opened only by gobbling up all the fruit. Rumor has it there are secret gates that take you to distant far off stages...
- Grapes: You can squeeze grapes for juice, get oil from the seeds, or even eat them raw. Isn't that astonishing? That makes grapes a prime candidate for most well-rounded player of the fruit world.
- Melon: Apparently, if you've never scooped into half a melon with a spoon, you haven't lived. But they only come as a whole around here at Nintendo Land, so I suppose I don't qualify as a living entity yet.
- Number Flag: You'll find these flags sticking out of various pieces of fruit. Forcing people to eat in a certain order is unethical. I think I'll lodge a formal complaint...to myself.
- Orange: When I think of oranges, I think of one thing: marmalade. This might be odd, considering I lack taste processing hardware.
- Peach: This peach's skin looks fluffy, but don't rub it against your face, because it hurts! I don't fully understand nonrobotic life-forms, but I assume the first thing you do with a piece of ripe fruit is rub it on your face.
- Pear: Pare a pair of pears to get a pair of pared pears. My search function tells me this is a good recipe for fruit salad...
- Present: This is your reward for doing such a good job. As for what's inside... Well, you'll have to wait and see!
- Spike: This trap can be levered in and out of the ground. The cart may not be able to feel pain, but stepping on one of these will certainly damage it.
- Strawberry: The name "strawberry" is among the least appealing names known to all fruitkind, and yet it is among the most delicious. It is one of life's tastiest mysteries.
- Watermelon: This perfectly succulent and juicy treat hits the spot on a hot summer day. Be sure to leave it on a flat surface, though, or you'll end up with a runaway-watermelon situation.
Names in other languages
Yosshī no furūtsukāto
|Yoshi's Fruit Cart|
|Dutch||Yoshi's fruitkar||Yoshi's fruit cart|
|French||La récolte fruitée de Yoshi||Yoshi's Fruity Harvest|
|German||Yoshis Früchtewagen||Yoshi's Fruit Cart|
|Italian||La fruituosa raccolta di Yoshi||Yoshi's fruit harvest|
|Portuguese||Carrinho de Fruta do Yoshi||Yoshi's Fruit Cart|
|Russian||Фруктовая тележка Йоши
Fruktovaya telezhka Yoshi
|Yoshi's Fruit Cart|
|Spanish||El carrito de frutas de Yoshi||Yoshi's Fruit Cart|
|Characters||Ganon • Mii • Octopus • Ridley|
|Mii character costumes||Captain Falcon • Captain Olimar • Gold Ghost • Link • Luigi • Mario • Pikmin • Samus Aran • Toad (Blue • Green • Purple • Yellow) • Waluigi • Wario|
|Objects||? Block • ? goal • Barrel • Bee • Brick Block • Circle • Conveyor belt • Elevator • Gear Crank • Girder • Goal Flag • Goal Gate • Hole • Ladder • Lever • Loop • Metallic slide • Mud • Number Flag • Prize • Roller • Spike • Suit of armor • Warp Door • Yoshi Cart|
|Items||Battery • Big battery • Blue check mark • Chili plate • Coin • Fruit (Apple • Bananas • Grapes • Melon • Orange • Peach • Pear • Strawberry • Watermelon) • Heart • Present • Super Light • Super Star • Torch • Yoshi egg|
|Mario attractions||Donkey Kong's Crash Course • Luigi's Ghost Mansion • Mario Chase • Yoshi's Fruit Cart|
|Moves||Dash • Jump • Magic • Sidestep • Slide • Tackle|
|Miscellaneous||Fuel • Gallery • Media|