World 8-4 (New Super Mario Bros. Wii)
|New Super Mario Bros. Wii
|<< Directory of levels >>
World 8-4 is the fourth level of World 8 in New Super Mario Bros. Wii. The level is mostly underwater and is the first and only level in the game to include Jellybeams and Bulbers. This level is also the only one in World 8 to not have a midway point.
The level begins in a dark cavern, on a platform with a Glow Block, as well as a ? Switch that causes the platform to disappear. The player then falls down a deep tunnel into the water, where a Warp Pipe leads to the next area. Three ? Blocks are found, one of which contains a power-up. The section contains Bulbers, which light up the area, as well as Stone Spikes on platforms above. A Warp Pipe appears at the end of the area, taking the player to the next section.
The next section of the level begins with a group of Jellybeams, which act as the main light source of the area. A ? Block and some Cheep Cheeps are also found. Bloopers are found trapped inside blocks, which disappear when a ? Block in between Jellybeams is pressed. A ? Block containing a Star is above one of the Bloopers. More Jellybeams, Bloopers, and Deep-Cheeps follow, with a Warp Pipe leading to the next area. This area is vertical, containing multiple Jellybeams. Four Warp Pipes that blow currents also appear as obstacles. A Warp Pipe at the top of the area leads the player to the pole.
There is a secret area in the level, which can be accessed through a Warp Pipe underneath the last group of Stone Spikes in the second room. It contains several coins and a Spiny Cheep Cheep.
- Star Coin 1: The first Star Coin is located in the second area, atop the long platform with the numerous Stone Spikes. Mario and co. must swim to the surface, jump on the platform and avoid all of the Stone Spikes to get it.
- Star Coin 2: In the third area, the second Star Coin, along with four Bloopers, are caged individually by several blocks. Mario and co. must activate the nearby ? Switch to make all of the blocks disappear, then swim to the Star Coin while avoiding the Bloopers.
- Star Coin 3: In the fourth area, the third Star Coin is in a small opening in the rocks, to the left.
|Spiny Cheep Cheep
- This is the first level in World 8 to not contain lava, the second being World 8-.
- Like World 8-3 of New Super Mario Bros., this is the only underwater level which does not use the usual underwater music, instead using the underground theme possibly to fit the darker tone of World 8, as well as due to the level being dimly lit.