World 9-3 (New Super Mario Bros. Wii)
|Game||New Super Mario Bros. Wii|
|Time limit||500 seconds|
|<< Directory of levels >>|
World 9-3 is the third level of World 9 in New Super Mario Bros. Wii. It is unlocked by collecting all the Star Coins from World 3. Featuring Missile Bills and King Bills, this course uses the background from World 6 and plays the ground theme. Like all levels in World 9, there is no midway point.
This level takes place on a sky mountain. Mario and co. quickly encounter a Bill Blaster which fires Missle Bills, which are capable of homing in on targets. Several Bill Blasters follow up which also fire Missile Bills, along with a number Koopa Troopas. A Warp Pipe can be seen above a pit, which leads to a maze with bricks, a P Switch and the first Star Coin. The player has to press the P Switch and navigate the maze as fast as possible to collect the Star Coin. The second Star Coin is located in a bonus area, accessible via a Warp Pipe above the main path. The final section contains moving platforms over a pit, with a new type of Missile Bill known as the King Bill being shot from off screen. The last Star Coin is on the way to the pole.
- Star Coin 1: After the initial onslaught of Missile Bills is a cloud-covered green Warp Pipe between two tall platforms with Koopa Troopas. The pipe leads to a small maze-like area with a P Switch and the first Star Coin. Mario and co. must activate the P Switch to turn the bricks into coins and quickly traverse through the maze to the Star Coin before the P Switch's timer expires.
- Star Coin 2: After exiting the area with the first Star Coin, Mario and co. must head left and enter another green pipe up above with two coins high in the air, by bounding off of the Missile Bills. This leads to an area with another P Switch. Mario and co. must activate the Switch, hurry along across the new Brick Blocks and jump to the second Star Coin before the timer expires.
- Star Coin 3: Midway through the area with moving platforms and King Bills, the third Star Coin is floating high in the air. To reach it, Mario and co. must wait for a King Bill to appear and bound off it.
|Green Koopa Paratroopas||3|
|Red Koopa Troopas||5|
- Although the King Bill appears in this level, it is never seen being fired from a Banzai Bill Cannon, instead being fired from off screen.
- The Prima game guide's map shows the goal on a ledge after the King Bill, although in the actual game a Warp Pipe takes the King Bill's place.
- Bueno, Fernando. New Super Mario Bros. Wii PRIMA Official Game Guide. Page 178.