The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3: The Complete Series
The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3: The Complete Series is a DVD release of The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 containing all 26 episodes and bonus features within a 3-disc boxset. It was released on June 26, 2007, by Shout! Factory.
The cover to the boxset is reminiscent of the cover art to Super Mario Bros. 3, featuring Raccoon Mario flying up in the air (although he is depicted in his current color scheme of blue overalls and red shirt, which was swapped in the cartoon), while King Koopa looks on, angry. The Koopa Kids appear on the checkerboarded floor, alongside Frog Luigi.
On May 14, 2013, NCircle Entertainment reissued the boxset as The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3: The Complete Series - Collector's Edition. Other than trailer changes, this release is the same as the Shout! Factory release. The cover art to this version also features the artwork of Caped Mario from Super Mario World.
"When it premiered as part of NBC's Saturday morning lineup in the Fall of 1990, The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 helped catapult the record-breaking game it was based on into video game history.
After sending the infamous King Koopa into the Banishment Zone, the heroic plumbers, Mario and Luigi, finally make it home to Brooklyn. But just when the Mushroom People think they're safe, Koopa escapes and brings with him seven of the most vile creatures the world has ever known, the Koopa Kids!
Now only the Super Mario Bros. can rid the Mushroom Kingdom of Koopa and his deviant minions... or can they?
The cover to Disc 1 features Raccoon Mario. The color is light orange.
- "Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopas"/"Reptiles in the Rose Garden"
- "Reign Storm"/"Toddler Terrors of Time Travel"
- "Mind Your Mummy Mommy, Mario"/"The Beauty of Kootie"
- "A Toadally Magical Adventure"/"Misadventures in Babysitting"
- "Oh, Brother!"/"Misadventure of Mighty Plumber"
- "Princess Toadstool for President"/"Never Koop a Koopa"
- "Dadzilla"/"Tag Team Trouble"
The cover to Disc Two features King Koopa. The color is lime green.
- "Do the Koopa"/"Kootie Pie Rocks"
- "Crimes R Us"/"Life's Ruff"
- "Up, Up, and a Koopa"/"7 Continents for 7 Koopas"
- "Mush-Rumors"/"The Ugly Mermaid"
- "True Colors"/"Recycled Koopa"
- "The Venice Menace"/"Super Koopa"
Disc Three (Bonus Features)
- The Backstory
- The Series
- The Characters
- The Worlds (Background Art for 21 episodes)
- The Music
On December 4, 2007, to tie in with the release of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, Shout! Factory released a double-set that contained this boxset alongside the first volume of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.
- The song Do the Frog is listed simply as "The Frog" on the menu.
Two of the episodes on the boxset have been affected with glitches and bugs, due to Shout! Factory being supplied defective master tapes from DIC. The NCircle version of the boxset retains the glitches and bugs due to it using the same masters as the Shout! Factory version.
- In The Venice Menace, the episode glitches near the end in the part where the Venice pizza man explains that Marco Polo's Plumbers brought plumbing back from China.
- Super Koopa is the most badly affected out of all the episodes.
- Gray screens appear when Mario, Luigi, Toad, and Princess Toadstool see Koopa's doomship and when King Koopa blows smoke from his nose.
- An audio glitch occurs when Mario says to the captain that Koopa is hopping mad.