Template talk:Minigame infobox
Could someone edit this template so that it allows the user to use an individual image size rather than a fixed one? I ask because the fixed size is higher than the resolution of the Game Boy Advance, causing that articles like Super Wario Bros. use an overstretched image. --Grandy02 09:38, 3 January 2009 (EST)
- Done. --RAP 17:13, 3 July 2009 (EDT)
Image in the infobox
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
have each in a separate tab 2-3-0-2-1-6
In response to Mario Party Superstars giving certain mini-games as many as four iterations, it was decided to show only an image of the original iteration in the infobox. Despite little discussion and not being a formal proposal, this ended up being implemented. However, I disagree with this, partially because it's the exact opposite of MarioWiki:Naming#Name changes, and partially because a suggestion I had in that discussion went unnoticed - namely, having each iteration in a separate tab, as is done with stages on SmashWiki. Additionally, in the case of mini-games that appear in both Mario Party 1 and 2, whose differences are often more significant than those of Top 100 and Superstars iterations (and can sometimes be considered separate mini-games due to having different Japanese names), only the 1 iteration is acknowledged, and in the case of mini-games in 6 that have day and night variations, only the day variation is acknowledged.
As a result, I think we should have a formal proposal deciding how to handle this.
Use only the original iteration in the infobox
- Tails777 (talk) After a bit of thought, this is my third option. Coupled with the comparison to Mario Kart tracks, the mini-games in both 1 and 2 that aren't split off are like that due to insignificant differences to warrant a split, furthering the comparison to using the original iterations of each Mario Kart track in the infobox. I don't see any real issue with using Mario Party's version of Crane Game for the infobox image over Mario Party 2's version cause despite the minor differences in gameplay, they are still basically the same. So keeping only one image and sticking to the first appearance keeps it consistent with Mario Kart tracks.
- YoYo (talk) this is what Mario Kart courses do, so why should it be any different here?
Use only the newest iteration in the infobox
- Pseudo (talk) Failing the tab option, this is my second choice since it follows the wiki’s usual conventions of prioritizing revised content.
- Camwoodstock (talk) This'd be the simpler choice, but honestly, it might be better.
- Biggestman (talk) I feel the most current and best-looking version should be the image presented, and for basically every minigame the most recent iteration is the best one visually
Use all iterations in the infobox
Use both the 1 and 2 iterations where applicable and both the day/night variations from 6, but otherwise use only the original
- RickTommy (talk) First preferred option.
- Tails777 (talk) Comparing Mario Party mini-games to Mario Kart tracks, we should logically stick to the originals in the case of mini-games that appeared in The Top 100 and Superstars. Concerning Mario Party 6, well since both variations are from the same game anyway, I don't see how keeping both in the infobox hurts. Primary option.
Decide on a case-by-case basis which mini-games should have multiple images and which ones should have only the original
Have each iteration is a separate tab
- RickTommy (talk) Third (and most) preferred option. However, we'll need to install the functionality for it.
- Pseudo (talk) This seems like the most ideal option to me, and would be well-worth the extension. There might end up being other places on the wiki where it’s applicable.
- Camwoodstock (talk) Much more ambitious would probably be this option--we feel like doing this might raise a few conundrums, however, especially when you consider stuff like returning Mario Kart stages.
- Tails777 (talk) Secondary option, per Pseudo. Having a tab option would not only help here, but even in other areas (example, Mario Kart tracks).
- Hewer (talk) Per all, I feel like this is a good idea for both Mario Party minigames and Mario Kart courses (maybe even some other cases like Thwomp and Fire Piranha Plant).
- Arend (talk) We may need an admin to install the required code to the appropriate CSS MediaWiki page, but I agree with the others above that not only does this option solve the conundrum with which minigame image to use, but can also be useful for other infoboxes, such as with Mario Kart courses (both the main image and the minimaps) or cases with multiple recurring designs in the modern day.