I don't think this page needs to exist, as
- the Star Fruit has only appeared in one game
- it isn't significant to the gameplay
- its coverage only warrants two sentences
- Not all short articles are stubs. Perhaps a merge? -- FanOfYoshi 14:45, May 16, 2019 (EDT)
- It and the other fruits could easily fit here and on their respective articles. The Star Fruit isn't really that significant enough (I don't know if we can even call it an item) to have its own page. 14:53, May 16, 2019 (EDT)
Delete this page
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
This item only appears in one game, has a function extremely similar to its real world counterpart, and basically says "Donkey Kong must reach this fruit and eat it", which has already been stated on the pages of various other fruits. I don’t really see why we should keep this page around, and I feel that it should be deleted.
- Power Flotzo (talk) Per proposal.
- TheDarkStar (talk) - Per proposal.
- Waluigi Time (talk) Why does this page even exist?
- Obsessive Mario Fan (talk) Per all.
- Lord Grammaticus (talk) The fruit at the end of each kingdom all seem to serve the same purpose, with the only difference I can tell (obvious or otherwise) being that they're each a giant variant of the fruit the kingdom is named for. As such, they can and possibly should be noted on the articles about these kingdoms, instead of being forcibly potholed to sparse articles like these that would barely manage more than a paragraph without some major league padding. I understand we're not exactly Wikipedia, of course, but there is still a line we must be mindful of crossing where we're basically just giving something an article solely because it's a Thing That Exists™ and shows up somewhere in a game that's sorta-kinda-maybe-possibly related to the Mario franchise. This is an exaggeration, of course, but I think it helps cap off my point. As an amendment, FoY's vote below is a good suggestion for what to do with the article.
- Niiue (talk) Per all.
- TheFlameChomp (talk) Per all.
- BBQ Turtle (talk) Per all.
- FanOfYoshi (talk) Since it's an official name, i think it should be a redirect, and merged.
- Toadette the Achiever (talk)
BUT I LOVE CARAMBOLAS WHY YOU DELETE THIS PAGE I NEVER FORGIVE YOU FOR THISPer all.
- Alex95 (talk) - Per my thoughts above.
Probably the main reason it exists is that, much like me, the person who made it had no idea it was a real type of fruit and assumed it was a made up "last is a star"-type thing. Rather obscure. Doc von Schmeltwick (talk) 14:53, September 14, 2019 (EDT)
- Since no one got the joke: My vote reason was literally longer than the entire article. :B