Expand and rewrite please. I'll see what I can do... - SiFi
Oy... there isn't even any mention of Super Mario World in there. This page DEFINITELY could use some work! Dinosaur bob 19:55, 12 August 2008 (EDT)
- Yeah, I noticed that too. Is this page even talking about the same jump that is used in SMW? I'm not sure, really. Time Questions 06:53, 13 August 2008 (EDT)
New Super Mario Bros. spin jump?
Okay, I was playing NSMB (Not Wii) and I jumped, but it did what looked like half-way to a spin jump. It was NOT on a spring, although you do spin jump on one of those. I don't know how this happened, but could it be mentioned in the article? Krizzy 08:49, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
Split from this page
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
These two are drastically different enough to warrant separate articles, the main (and most noticeable) difference being that the M&L series Spin Jump only allows Mario and Luigi to cross wide enough gaps across platforms that are the same height, while the Spin Jump in other games usually just gives the player an increase in jump height, and in some cases allows them to safely bounce off spiky enemies such as Spinies. Really, the only similarity between the two moves are that they involve spinning, and they're not even performed in the same manner. Given what I proposed nearly two years ago for Pink Coin, I believe a split is justified here too.
- Toadette the Achiever (talk) Per my proposal.
- Scrooge200 (talk) Per proposal.
- Alex95 (talk) - Per proposal.
- Niiue (talk) Per proposal.
- FanOfYoshi (talk) Per proposal.
- TheFlameChomp (talk) Per proposal.
- MarioManiac1981 (talk) Per proposal.
- WeirdDave13 (talk) Per proposal.
- Mario Kart DS Fan (talk) Per proposal.
- Bloober (talk) Per proposal.
- Owencrazyboy9 (talk) Per everyone supporting this proposal.
Why is the spin jump from the Mario & Luigi games singled out here? What about Mario Sports Mix, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario 64,
Mario Sports Mix, and Mario & Sonic as well? Perhaps Spin Jump from the Mario & Luigi series can be excluded only because that particular move where Mario and Luigi spin together has consistent and multiple appearances in the series, but the reasoning behind the proposal, being "it's different from the platformers" isn't that strong because the genre each jump appears in by definition has to be different, and it would be convenient if the article is a general article on all spinning jumps. KaBoom! 23:01, 27 September 2018 (EDT)
- Mario Sports Mix is doubly important :P
- I'm personally thinking the variation debuting in 64 is strikingly similar to the Mario & Luigi version, or at least moreso than the other platforming variations. Doc von Schmeltwick (talk) 23:08, 27 September 2018 (EDT)
- Alex95: I'm sorry but Squenix is overdue for Mayrop Sports. >:(
- Dox von Schmeltwick: Animation-wise, yeah, but that seems to be the only similarity, and we've had variants in Luigi's Backward somersalt
in Mario Sports Mixand the spin platform thing from Mario Sports MixNew Super Mario Bros.. Boing! KaBoom! 23:29, 27 September 2018 (EDT)