From an edit summary in the history:
"In Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door Goombella referenced them in her Tattle when she said: This place stinks like Flipperflopper garbage!"
How come the citizens of Yold Town are mentioned? They're not from Flipside or Flopside. If they're considered Flip-Flop folk, then Nimbis and Shaydes and Cragnons would also be Flip-Flop folk.M&L Just because you're in red doesn't mean you're strong. Have at you! 19:51, 5 February 2012 (EST)
- Old comment, but answering it for clarification of other users anyway. They are mentioned because they are clearly the same species. Nimbis, Shaydes and Cragnons are clearly not (though I suppose it's possible Nimbis and Shaydes are dead Flip-Flop Folk and Cragnons might be prehistoric Folk, but now I'm just speculating). The residents of Flipside, Flopside and Yold Town are the same type of NPC and are therefore on the same page. Simple as that.
- (--) 15:19, 29 November 2016 (EST)
An edit summary here says they are called Flip-Folk Folk in-game. Now I'm just confused. I have beat the game 5 times and have never heard that and if it's true, why is there a conjecture tag?
(--) 15:21, 29 November 2016 (EST)
- Are you referring to The RPG Gamer's edit summary? All he said is that it "sounds" more official, didn't say it is. That user doesn't have a quality edit history anyway so I wouldn't put too much weight in his edits. Ray Trace(T|C) 15:30, 29 November 2016 (EST)
- Ultimate Mr L. was referring to this edit summary, not The RPG Gamer's. 15:34, 29 November 2016 (EST)
Do we really need an article for each Flipsider? There really isn't much to say on most of them. Characters like Merlon and Merlee should keep info on their respective pages because 1) they have important roles in the story and 2) they provide elements other than dialogue. Shopkeepers like Howzit should keep their articles because of reason 2, as should Saffron and Dyllis. But all the other minor townsfolk like Otto or Walter I think should be compressed into a single article.
(--) 18:13, 13 May 2017 (EDT)
- Policy supports giving articles to any and all named NPCs. Hello, I'm Time Turner. 19:12, 13 May 2017 (EDT)