MarioWiki:Featured articles/Unfeature/N3/Yoshi's Island DS
Remove featured article status
- Ray Trace (talk) I'm well-aware that the article has been put up for unfeature nomination again but I've noticed new, serious issues while working on other Yoshi's Island articles. The most major omission I noticed is the missing objects. This was likely because they were overlooked as this article had an FA nomination pretty early but as time went on and other articles got expanded as FA standards increased, the lack of the obstacles is extremely jarring compared to the likes of Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island and even Yoshi's New Island. I also think the minigames and bonus challenges section can be organized better; to the same standard imposed on Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island; article should get a general reorganization to fit it.
- Mari0fan100 (talk) Per Ray Trace, plus, there are way too many rewrite templates to allow this article to remain featured.
- Keyblade Master (talk) This is one game I've never played nor know much about so my view on the article may not be so clear, but that rewrite template certainly is the main thing damaging the article's FA status.
- TasteTheFiresOfHelp (talk) Per the others, there are way too many construction templates here.
- Bazooka Mario (talk) I feel those templates were added post-nomination so I don't think them alone would be valid reasons to support unfeature, but since those additions are justified, well... (tbh these templates should be added only after unfeature so it encourages people to give the article a more thorough appraisal). Additionally, I also don't like how the tables just hop between plain and colored; there needs to be consistency there. It's preferable if they look like Super Mario World 2's content.
- The Mansion (talk) Per all, too much inconsistency with the tables, which is the biggest pet peeve of mine.
- Scrooge200 (talk) Per all. Generally a messy article, could use more consistency and information.
Keep featured article status
Removal of support/oppose votes
Objects currently missing from the Items and objects section, hence why I put a rewrite template there:
- ! Block
- Arrow Cloud
- Arrow wheel
- Ball 'N' Chain
- Chain Gate
- Chomp Rock
- Donut Block
- Dotted-Line Block
- Egg Plant
- Falling Rock
- Flatbed Ferry
- Giant Egg
- Green Shell / Red Shell (or Koopa Shell)
- Ice Block
- Lakitu's Cloud
- Number Platform
- Paddle Platform
- Rock Block
- Spring Ball
- Warp Pipe
@Mari0fan100: There's only two, actually. The rewrite template I recently put, and the more media template. I generally don't take the more media template into consideration because that has been mass post-humously added to game articles and I think it's unfair to vote to unfeature them all because of it, as it affects a large variety of articles. However, I'd say it would be nice if we worked towards removing it too. Ray Trace(T|C) 16:29, July 9, 2021 (EDT)
@Bazooka Mario: I still think that the presence of the template further brings to attention issues with the section regardless. The missing objects Ray Trace mentioned when nominating alone would have been one thing to cause the article to not qualify to be featured. Keyblade Master 18:55, July 10, 2021 (EDT)