Are these really considered enemies? They seem more like mobile obstacles than a live creature, just like spikes or fireballs.--Spike 20:46, 19 October 2006 (EDT)
- I think we should make a new category for objects that are specifically made as traps. They are not really enemies as they are purely mechanical without any independent thought processes. Perhaps a Traps and Obstacles category. -- Son of Suns
Isn't there an obsticale in DKCR in the cliffs that is like Ball'n'chains? Should we include it?--YoshiGo99 21:55, 13 March 2011 (EDT)
WHY, do they have a Species Infobox? THEY ARE MACHINES. Mustard of Doom. It's what's for dinner. BA-DUM-BUM.
First: The Ball 'n' Chain has a Japanese name? Second: Where do you get the names of enemies? Is there some game that has the names or it's from other sources?--Deruffy 12:59, 5 May 2012 (EDT)
NSMBU Ball 'n' Chains, old or new
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
DON'T CREATE PAGE 4-5
I recently finnished New Super Luigi U and I noticed a very special thing about the Ball'n'Chains in that game. Not only are the spiked balls connected to a spiked arm instead of chains and move in pendulum-like manner but apperently both New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U calls them Pendulums (Pendulum Castle, Impossible Pendulums). So this obstacle might not only looks similar to the Ball'n'Chains but can actually be a completely new obstacle called Pendulums. If that´s the case we should make a new page about them, or what do you guys think.
- Zuper Zaloster (talk) Per proposal.
- Goombob (talk) Per proposal.
- SuperYoshiBros (talk) Per proposal.
- Mario7 (talk) Per proposal. Pendulums are different (the chain will hurt you, while Ball'n'Chains will only hurt you if you hitthe ball), so there is no reason why there should not be a separate article.
- Sonic98 (talk): This proposal does not make sense, we are talking of the same object, the appearance is identical. Based on this proposal should create separate pages for each color of the Koopa Troopa, and the like, so then if we think that we should create separate pages for each of the ScareScraper ghost prcedente reversing a proposal. I am against and I sincerely hope that this proposal is not accepted.
- Gonzales Kart Inc. (talk) The wiki does not make articles about the same thing under a different name.
- Yoshi876 (talk) Per Sonic98
- Icemario11 (talk) As stated in the comments, they're not directly referred to as pendulums and that alone convinces me this proposal is not a good idea.
- Iggy Koopa Jr (talk) The "Pendulum refers to the movement of the B&C, but that may not be its name.
- No, and besides, Pendulum Castle is a New Super Mario Bros. U level, so both games refer to them as pendulums. Zuper Zaloster (talk) 20:37, 13 August 2013
I explained what sense does it make voting to create different pages for each name the same enemy? It would make more sense to create separate pages for each of the boss ScareScraper that at least queli are different.--Sonic98 (talk) 07:22, 16 August 2013 (EDT)
- Hold on, it´s not yet decided if we are gonna make a new page or not. Even if it might be a new enemy it´s still somewhat similar to the Ball 'n' Chains (it looks different from the normal Ball 'n' Chains but it might just be a redesign). Still, the spiked ball looks like it´s hold up by spiked cylinders, but Ball 'n' Chains have moved in a pendulum like manner. As with the ScareScraper ghosts the only one who might get a new page is The Brain, otherwise the pages about them needs more pictures. Zuper Zaloster (talk)
- I'd like to see an additional source of the name "Pendelum", asides from the level names. These can sometimes be misleading, as for all we know the levels could have simply been named that to give a short, catchy title, and not necessarily officially name something.
Are pendulums new enemies or not?
I still think it's a new obstacle, cause it dosen´t look like Ball 'n' Chains usualy does. I noticed someone closed my poll earlier (it was intended to end at September 21st) so I'm not gonna make a new one and instead request anyone to find an official source if the "pendulum" is a new obstacle or not (because Ball 'n' Chains have move like this before). I already noted the level names in New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U and IGN (I also checked GameXplain's youtube video of Pendulum Castle but they didn't even mention them by any name).
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Zuper Zaloster (talk).
- I don't know, and I can't decide if it's a new enemy, much less, an officially named. I'd assume that it's a slightly different-looking Ball 'n' Chain with a pendulum-like movement.
KaBoom! 17:46, 30 August 2013 (EDT)
Do they make only 1 appearance in New Super Mario Bros U?
- Mario091 said:
I saw the video in Snake Block Tower. There are many Ball 'n' Chains! Only one appearance?
Hyrule Warriors crossover
The Chain Chomp, is used as a Ball and Chain in Hyrule Warriors after it's unlocked. Would we include it here saying something like "A Chain Chomp also appears as a Gauntlets variant, allowing Link to swing the Chomp as a Ball and Chain weapon."? (Alex95 (talk) 18:03, 30 August 2015 (EDT))
- I think this is irrelevant to Ball 'n' Chain, and the Chain Chomp article already makes mention of it. KaBoom! 14:49, 31 August 2015 (EDT)
|This talk page or section has a conflict or a question that needs to be answered. Please try to help and resolve the issue by leaving a comment.|