Merge Megamorph Belt and Blockhead Bowser into a more notable article
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.
do nothing 1-0-2-5
The Megamorph Belt and Blockhead Bowser are yet another set of minigame-exclusive objects that were given their own page. However, I took the liberty of separating them from my proposal for Bomb seed and Magic switch for one simple reason: the Megamorph Belt is specifically unveiled by Bowser for the final battle, making it slightly plot-relevant. On the other hand, Blockhead Bowser's article is little more than a long-winded description of the minigame in which it appears.
Personally, I would merge both articles into Bowser's Block Party, since the articles are strikingly barren of content.
Merge Megamorph Belt into Blockhead Bowser
- Camwoodstock (talk) As we mentioned in the comments, this definitely makes the most sense to us. Unlike something like, say, the aforementioned Dream Stone or maybe the Cobalt Star, the belt doesn't really come up before the battle itself--that being said, it has a major impact on how the battle itself functions, so it belongs somewhere, and the article for Blockhead Bowser definitely seems like the best spot to put it.
#DrippingYellow (talk) This option makes more sense now that I think about it. If, say, the Dream Stone made its first appearance right before the Dreamy Bowser fight, then I would assume the one-time item would be merged into the boss article.
#SolemnStormcloud (talk) Per all.
Merge Blockhead Bowser into Megamorph Belt
Merge Megamorph Belt & Blockhead Bowser into Bowser's Block Party
- DrippingYellow (talk) I hate to change my vote again, but I now think this might be the way to go. For all intents and purposes, these are minigame-exclusive elements, regardless of whether Bowser mentioned the Megamorph Belt in the cutscene prior to Bowser's Block Party. If they did remain separated, the articles would be almost nothing, since their purpose revolves almost entirely around the minigame.
- SolemnStormcloud (talk) Per proposal.
- ThePowerPlayer (talk) These are both unique elements that have some significance outside of Bowser's Block Party itself, and the game proves this by giving figures to both of them. Firstly, per Camwoodstock, the fact that Blockhead Bowser is a separate form of Bowser with its own abilities is enough to keep his article separate from Bowser's Block Party. Secondly, the relevance of the Megamorph Belt to the plot is enough to keep its article separate, regardless of the article's length; see Bob-omb Fish, an article which is a whopping two sentences long, but necessarily exists due to being a unique enemy.
- Archivist Toadette (talk) Per ThePowerPlayer. They're both relevant to the plot despite their short length, a trait our precedents don't share.
- FanOfYoshi (talk) Per all.
- Arend (talk) Per all, they're pretty much in the same boat as the Star Rod in terms of plot importance and minigame usage.
- Power Flotzo (talk) Per all.
We object to the idea of merging Blockhead Bowser with any other article, especially not the minigame he appears in, seeing as he is technically a form Bowser can take on that has unique abilities. It'd be like merging Meowser to The Great Tower of Bowser Land--unless you have a really compelling argument for it, doing that feels very silly. However, the belt definitely doesn't deserve its own separate article; perhaps merging the belt to the Blockhead Bowser article, rather than the other way around, would make the most sense? ~Camwoodstock (talk) 20:10, November 29, 2023 (EST)
- Hmmmm, I can see where you're coming from. I suppose the Megamorph Belt being a brief, plot-exclusive item would make it a little pointless to make it the main focus. And minigame or not, Blockhead Bowser is the final boss of Mario Party DS. Is this the wiki record for fastest-changed vote? DrippingYellow (talk) 20:49, November 29, 2023 (EST)
Just want to point out that we have some precedent of merging minigame-exclusive assets into their pages, see Talk:Mechanical cricket and Talk:Bowser Bomb (Mario Party DS). For instance, we don't have an article on Maze Manufactory from Lab Brats despite it having a proper name. It's me, Mario! (Talk / Stalk) 20:59, December 1, 2023 (EST)
- I'm aware, but this particular instance is icky because the Megamorph Belt is actually mentioned outside of the confines of the minigame (even if it is shortly before the game starts), and said minigame also effectively acts as the final boss battle in Story Mode. That said, I think I can see why a separate article for Blockhead Bowser might be a bad idea: with all the stuff about the fight in the minigame taken out, the article would probably be extremely short even with information about the Megamorph Belt merged in. Maybe I'll reconsider my already-reconsidered vote... DrippingYellow (talk) 22:18, December 1, 2023 (EST)
@ThePowerPlayer The Megamorph Belt might have a minuscule amount of relevance to the plot (even though it is only mentioned right before the minigame starts in the story mode), but Blockhead Bowser plays absolutely no role outside of the minigame. His "unique abilities" are just the different phases of the minigame, and even still are only triggered via the Megamorph Belt, so there is especially no point in Blockhead Bowser being separate. Having a figure doesn't make it notable either. Have you seen how goddang many there are? Where's the article for Thwomp Bricks in Wiggler's Garden, or the Bowser Sign in Bowser's Pinball Machine, or Bomb Seeds from... oh, wait. DrippingYellow (talk) 15:02, December 20, 2023 (EST)