Talk:Luigi's Mansion 3
- I don't think so, but I don't recall Benjaminkirsc (talk) 15:44, 20 February 2019 (EST)
A Ghost has confirmed name
There is a ghost by the name of Morty who is a film director can someone add him to this article please here is the video where I found out about him: https://youtu.be/Q6p-3VwcD6c
The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk).
Floor Number Confirmed
The number of floors in the game has been confirmed as seventeen. Check this article for reference: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/07/we_finally_know_how_many_floors_make_up_luigis_mansion_3s_hotel Argonstorm32 (talk) 15:30, July 5, 2019 (EDT)
- If that's the case, then if there's a roof, then the roof would technically be the eighteenth floor. I say this because the elevator has eighteen notches to represent the individual floors, whereas the interior of the elevator shows that there's only enough space for seventeen elevator buttons. So I'm confused as to what the eighteenth notch really goes up to, assuming the two left most notches represent the Basement floors, the sixteenth floor/roof quite possibly? But if that's the case, there should be enough space for eighteen elevator buttons in the elevator's interior, but there's only seventeen in the interior elevator panel. Unless Professor E. Gadd's Pixelator can warp Luigi onto the sixteenth story/roof or if the fifteenth story has it's own separate elevator that can reach the sixteenth story, which would explain a lot. Strange if you ask me.
Is there actually a source that the Spectral Catch, Mezzanine, and shopping mall are on the 13th, 6th, and 5th floors? Or are we just assuming this based on the placement of the Last Resort artwork? Also some old Famitsu scans reveals the supposed hotel owner's name, but I'm not sure of a translation
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Whoknowsorcares (talk).
- Her Japanese name is "Paudanesu Kōna". A rough translation of her bio: "The owner of the hotel 'Last Resort'. She is the one responsible for resurrecting King Boo. She invites Luigi and co. into the hotel, pulling them into a trap." Mario JC 02:20, September 13, 2019 (EDT)
Differences between Polterpup's Eyes
If anyone remembers the ending of Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon after the Dark Moon is all back together, the scene shows where Luigi sees the Polterpup and they have eyes (same thing applies to other ghosts from Evershade Valley), but the upcoming release of Luigi's Mansion 3 (more noticeable in the trailer), the Polterpup doesn't have eyes in this case, could it either be they are out of the range of the Dark Moon? or did the developers thought about regardless of having eyes or not? MarioGamerFan24 (talk) 16:24, October 7, 2019 (EDT)
- Assumedly, it's because Polterpup isn't near the Dark Moon. Polterpup himself wasn't violent like the other ghosts, he's just a mischievous dog. In LM 3, he's probably just been tamed which means he wouldn't have to rely on the Dark Moon.
There are a numerous number of revisions that should be made to this article. I would consider that someone rewrites the whole thing as some of the word choices and formatting is very faulty in my opinion. There is now plenty of information about this game online I don't know why it seems like there's so much missing here. I'm scared to add anything important because I'm only autoconfirmed and annoying administrators and bureaucrats keep reverting all my changes Awesomehippos (talk) 21:51 October 16, 2019 (CST)
- "annoying administrators and bureaucrats keep reverting all my changes" But that was just me and we talked it out, so...?
- The game is not out yet, there's only so much we can gather from online sources. I'm sure it will be overhauled once someone actually has access to the game so it can be rewritten accurately. 22:56, October 16, 2019 (EDT)
You may not believe me but I wasn't actually talking about you...I'm sorry if it felt that way I was talking about a previous encounter with someone else.
Boss Ghost names:
3:09 on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg0sbOAVEtY reveals the names of some boss ghosts
The bellhop is Steward
The maid is Chambrea
The security guard is Kruller
The chef is Chef Soulffe
The musician is Amadeus Wolfgeist
As a new member, what do I have to do to become able to edit this page? I only ask as it's falling slightly behind though this is understandable as it has yet to be released. MrRoboto (talk) 10:08, October 17, 2019
common Ghost names
The blue ghost's name is goob
The red ghost's name is hammer
Rare ghosts are the ghosts that appear on the 5th floor of scarescraper during a 10-floor run. Similar to Dark Moon, they appear to be altered versions of the ghosts that are encountered during normal playthroughs of the game.
After aquireing Gooigi, E.Gadd mentions that a certain someone helped him adjust it or whatever alluding to the 3ds verion of the riginal Luig's mansion. Now my question is should that be listed in the references to Luig's Mansion, or have a category for reference to Luigi's mansion (3DS)?Pikmin theories (talk) 01:06, November 3, 2019 (EST)
- Since it's specifically referencing the 3DS version, yeah, it should be a separate line in the list of references. Mario JC 05:02, November 3, 2019 (EST)
The architechtural styles and inspirations
Can someone maybe edit the aticle in itself to insert that ? The general style of the hotel is 1930's Art Déco, with the mezzanine restaurant having a Paris Déco style, a subgenre that has some romantic features and warm colors. the hotel shops are Steamline Déco I belive, due to the curvy aerodynamic theme of the floor, The Great Stage is Victorian Déco, with some victorian features, the RIP suites are simply Art Déco, the Castle is Gothic Medieval, with its broken circle and diamond shaped windows, the 7th is Nouvel Art Déco, a mix between Art Nouveau and Art Déco, the 8th floor has no theme, apart from the classic Art Déco frames for the posters and the doors, the museum has a Ionic greek style, the pyramid has an egyptian revival style, the Twisted suites have a mix of Persian and Modern style, and the penthouse has an Eiffel Déco style (it's luxury as its finnest. Eiffel Déco is the most luxutious style)
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Haku (talk).
- This information would probably fit better on the article for the Last Resort or the individual areas. -- Too Bad! Waluigi Time! 16:40, November 5, 2019 (EST)
Add Section for Special Items (Unlocks)
There are special cosmetic options, so far I have found two, Suction Shot Type-C (For collecting all the Gemstones) and Flashlight Type-B for collecting all the Boos.
The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk).
References to other games
Odd phrasing in article
- Gooigi has 25 HP, while Luigi has 99 HP, and can be called upon to pass obstacles Luigi cannot, such as spikes and bars. However, it is weak to fire and water, and will lose all its health immediately if it comes into contact with them, causing an immediate Game Over.
This is incorrect. Dying as Gooigi does not cause the player to receive a Game Over, rather he simply Dissipates, regenerating in the Poltergust G-00. I am unable to revise this myself due to not owning an account, so a registered member should probably fix this mistake or at least word it differently to not be confusing.
The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk).
/Items & Treasure
Should the items and treasures section only include the items from the main portion of the game or include the items from the parts of the game such as ScareScraper? If not the latter, the info on the Super Star will have to be axed. PFVID (talk) 19:50, January 13, 2020 (EST)PFVID
References to Other Games: Metroid Prime Federation Force
- Yep, added to the references list on the page and here. Good catch. Mario JC 20:59, March 4, 2020 (EST)
Yes, Luigi's Mansion 3 has an in-game music player as of version 1.3.0. The update notes read the following: "Added Albums, where players can listen to the game’s BGM. To access Albums, go from Story ? Gallery ? Special Content." However, there isn't an article detailing all of the musical compositions yet. I'm hoping someone can get on it, because the music uploads 'round the Internet are most likely using fan-made unofficial naming conventions instead of the official ones from the current version.