Bowser's Block Battle
- Not to be confused with Bowser's Block Party.
|Bowser's Block Battle|
|Appears in||Mario Party 9|
|Time limit||10 seconds per round|
|Music track||Battle with Bowser!|
Bowser's Block Battle is the final boss minigame featured in Mario Party 9. This and Bowser Jr. Breakdown are the only boss minigames played on Bowser Station, and players cannot choose from three other boss minigames. The same happens on DK's Jungle Ruins. Bowser fights as Super Bowser as he increases in size.
The view is on the players, who are standing on a stone platform floating in space. The view shifts to the front of the platform as the already enlarged Bowser appears, roars furiously, and pulls some dice out in his hand.
The players must attack Bowser by rolling dice marked with their own faces and Bowser emblems on the remaining sides. These dice are not typical Dice Blocks but objects that players can pick up and throw if they want to change what faces up. After 10 seconds, the rolls are set and dice can no longer be picked up (dice that are held by players when the time limit expires are thrown automatically, and the rolls are included). The dice that show the players' faces are converted into energy balls that players can shoot at Bowser for points. Players attack in decreasing order of number of dice with their faces shown, so those with the most dice make the first move, and those with the fewest dice take a turn last. Players with equal numbers of dice with their characters' faces attack together. After every player attacks, if any dice show his emblem, Bowser attacks by spitting a trio of fireballs once for each die, and anybody hit by a fireball loses one point. If no dice show his emblem, Bowser grabs the board in disbelief and groans in disappointment. Bowser then throws a new set of dice onto the stage, and the process repeats.
When his health drops below half, Bowser lets out an angry roar before increasing in size again and makes the battle more dangerous. After tossing the dice onto the field, Bowser grabs the stage and tilts it from side to side to complicate the players' attempts to roll the dice. If he gets any chances to attack, the fireballs are larger and faster than before, making them more difficult to avoid. He also gains one new attack: After everyone has attacked with their dice, Bowser rolls a large, spike-edged die with images of the six bosses on it. (This die does not crush any players it lands on top of, so players can still make it tumble and change the image it shows.) After it lands, the camera zooms in to show which image is rolled. The die disappears in a puff of smoke, and the players must evade one of six elaborate attacks:
- Wiggler walks around the arena three times before leaving.
- King Bob-omb drops into the middle of the arena and makes Bob-ombs fall out of the sky.
- King Boo summons groups of Boos that spin in gradually expanding circles. The first group spins clockwise or counterclockwise, and the second group spins in the opposite direction.
- Blooper floats near the front of the arena (where Bowser is) and tosses 10 Urchins at the players.
- Chain Chomp drops into the middle of the arena and charges at the players. When it hits a wall, it changes direction. Players must dodge a few charges before Chain Chomp leaves the arena.
- If Bowser rolls his own image on the die, he launches five waves of fireballs straight ahead. The waves alternate between three and four fireballs, forcing players to weave between them.
Whoever delivers the final attack on Bowser earns an additional three points, and the player with the most points at the end of the minigame wins.
Once defeated, Bowser flies into the black hole behind the battlefield and explodes, revealing several Mini Stars in Party Mode and Solo Mode.
- Rules – "Throw the dice! The more pictures of your character that show up on the dice, the more damage you'll do to Bowser. Be careful: if Bowser shows up on the dice, he gets to attack!"
- Controls – "Hold the Wii Remote sideways. Press to move. Press while standing next to a die to pick it up. Press while holding a die to throw it."
Names in other languages
Kuppa no Fainaru Saikoro Batoru
|Bowser's Final Dice Battle|
Kùbā de zhōngjí shǎizi duìjué
|Bowser's Ultimate Dice Showdown|
|French (NOA)||Bataille de dés de Bowser!||Bowser's Dice Battle|
|French (NOE)||Bowser à pile ou face||Heads or Tails Bowser|
|German||Bowsers Würfelkampf||Bowser's Dice Struggle|
|Italian||Scontro Finale con Bowser||Final Clash with Bowser|
|Spanish||Guerra de bloques con Bowser||Block War with Bowser|