|Appears in||Mario Party 9|
The intro sequence features the four competitors on a platform. They then fall into four holes in the ground as the compactor slams down. The players then emerge from the holes as the game begins.
This minigame is likely inspired by the game musical chairs. The object of the minigame is to reach a glowing manhole lid in the ground before the opponents do. Competitors can also attack opponents by jumping, punching, and kicking to make way for themselves. For every round, there is one fewer glowing hole than there are players. Once the allotted time to reach a safe zone is up, the lids open and the characters fall to safety, after which players who have not found safe zones are squished by the compactor and eliminated. The last player remaining wins.
- Rules – "Jump in an open hole as fast as you can. Anyone left after the doors close will get smashed!"
- Controls – "Hold the Wii Remote sideways. Press to move, to punch, to jump, and while jumping to kick."
Names in other languages
Tiān tā xiàlái zhǎo dòng zuān
|The Ceiling is Collapsing, Find a Hole to Enter|
|French (NOA)||L'écrabouille||The Squash|
|Italian||Nella botola||In the hole|
|Spanish||¡Sálvese quien pueda!||Every Man for Himself!|
- Sometimes a Dry Bones shows up on top of the compactor.
- The way competitors are flattened and float up when they lose is very similar to when they are squashed by the solo player's ball in the Mario Party 5 minigame Flatiator.
- This minigame shares its Spanish name with the Mario Party 6 minigame Wrasslin' Rapids.