Since the Unagi are obviously a species, there should be a "Unagi" page for the whole spcies, and then a page for the "Mega Unagi" from NSMB, and have "Unagi the Eel" be only for the one in SM64.
- Yoshi Master
Or is Unagi the Eel the same as Mega Unagi? They are relatively the same size (both gigantic). Perhaps a page for Unagi, the species, and Mega Unagi (also known as Unagi the Eel). -- Son of Suns
But Unagi the eel is confined in Jolly Roger Bay. And Mega Unagi is much larger in NSMB, unless it grew over the years.
- Yoshi Master
- Well, Dorrie escaped her lake prison to the lakes of NSMB. And Bowser has changed size dramatically over the years. What we know is that both Unagi the Eel and Mega Unagi are large Unagis and that they are both characters. Also, in both games you have to retrieve an item from the eel's tail. They are probably the same character. Or at least mention that they could be one in the same if you decide to make two seperate articles (Unagi the Eel and Mega Unagi). Your choice. It's not that big of a deal. -- Son of Suns
Actually, after further research, I have decided we should make a Unagi (species), Unagi the Eel, and Mega Unagi articles. I actually checked the Official New Super Mario Bros. Player's Guide and as it turns out, Mega Unagi is not a character but a variety of Unagi. Mega Unagi is a sub-species of Unagi. This is because the guide refers to "a Mega Unagi" not simply "Mega Unagi". -- Son of Suns
Well, I finished splitting the article into three. More information can be added to each if needed. -- Son of Suns
RANDOM FACT: Unagi the Eel literaly means, Eel the Eel. :) Seriously!
- Well, fresh water eels, not salt water ones.... -- Son of Suns
According to LinkTheLefty (talk), this eel is referred to as "Unagi the eel" only once in this guide, implying that it's simply "Unagi" in other referrals. Not sure if it's supposed to be capitalized or is a typo, but should we merge this to Unagi? KaBoom! 18:31, 19 January 2016 (EST)
- If that's the case then yes I agree, "Unagi the eel" doesn't look like he have any special properties from the normal Unagis--18:41, 19 January 2016 (EST)
- For the record, the Prima Pocket Guide only calls him "Unagi", though it generally indicates that the eel is supposed to be an individual. Hello, I'm Time Turner.
I realize this is a year old, but the conversation is currently unresolved. So, I'm here to provide an additional source.
The Nintendo Power Player's Guide refers to the eel as simply "Unagi" in the enemy index on page 12. ...However, during the info for the Can the Eel Come Out to Play? mission, he is referred to as "Unagi the eel". Howevermore, the name is improper, so it seems like Unagi alone is the actual name for the eel.
In other words, I support this move. 19:15, 3 February 2017 (EST)
- I agree. Do you want to create the Talk Page Proposal? Supermariofan67 (talk) 22:37, 13 February 2017 (EST)
Merge Unagi the Eel with Unagi
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
Unagi the Eel is only referred to as "Unagi the eel" in the Nintendo Power Player Guide once, and "eel" is not capitalized, which seems improper, so it seems like simply Unagi is his actual name. He is referred to as simply "Unagi" on the enemy index on page 12 and in the Prima Guide. Unagi the eel also does not seem to have any special properties from normal Unagis. I propose merging Unagi the Eel with Unagi.
- TheFlameChomp (talk) Per proposal.
- Alex95 (talk) I didn't notice the rest of the conversation above, otherwise I would've made this proposal myself. But yes, I support, considering I'm the one who gave the NP information ;P
- The Koopa Bro. (talk) Aren't both of these articles exactly the same?
- Chocolate Mario (talk) Unagi the Eel acts the same as any other Unagi. Per all.
- Owencrazyboy9 (talk) Why have two articles on a different enemy that acts the same as the original species? It doesn't make any sense! Per all.
- Wildgoosespeeder (talk) Per all.
- Supermariofan67 (talk) Per all
- Yoshi the Space Station Manager (talk) per all.
- Luigi 64DD (talk) Per all.
- Mr Squid (talk) Per all.
- Toadette the Achiever (talk) Per all.
- Niiue (talk) Per all.
- I say you should put the code for this talk page in the talk page for Unagi as that talk page doesn't exist yet
Shy Guy on Wheels(T|C|S) 12:11, 4 March 2017 (EST)