- If we have an article on freaking Old Man Skoo, a character only mentioned once in a game and that have no relavance to the plot, I think this can stay.
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
failed to reach consensus 8-6
This is not a minigame. This is a dialogue prompt with no flourishes to it. Petuni calls it "Stump Petuni" because she is the kind of spritely character who would add that kind of dramatization to her dialogue, not because she was declaring that this was a set-in-stone and very important game. It's not as if there's so much information to this article that it needs to be split, which should be apparent, and it's not as if this game plays such an important role in the story that it needs to have a separate article. Heck, Chuck Quizmo's entire quiz show isn't even split from his article; how does this take priority over that?
- Time Turner (talk) I've made a statement indicating that I support my proposal.
- TheFlameChomp (talk) I don't feel this article is necessary if even Chuck Quizmo's quiz doesn't have its own page. Also, the only thing that defended the page's existence above was the existence of Old Man Skoo, which has been merged with List of implied characters.
- Alex95 (talk) - Per all.
- LED42 (talk) I really like this idea, but the article should've it's own section in Petuni's page, it wouldn't look very good in other section.
- LuigiMaster123 (talk) Per all.
- Waluigi Time (talk) Per all.
- Yoshi the SSM (talk) Per all.
- 7feetunder (talk) This is a dialogue tree with a name. That's all it is.
- Doc von Schmeltwick (talk) Per Luigi decorates which tree for the heck of it. And why should this not be split, but A caterpillar's tongue be split from said caterpillar?
- Camwood777 (talk) - It's not too big a minigame, but so are the microgames. Going by the definition of "minigame" on the wiki... We don't really have one. I think we shouldn't concern ourselves with merging this page for not being a "minigame"; we should concern ourselves with what the threshold to count as a "minigame" worth having its own page.
- Niiue (talk) I don't see how this doesn't deserve its own page. Per all.
- Toadette the Achiever (talk) Per all.
- Wildgoosespeeder (talk) After giving it some thought, per all.
- Marshal Dan Troop (talk) Per all.
- Which type of "straw" are you referring to? Because it was both. (Ba-dum-tish!) Anyways, I consider this to be an actual minigame, because it has a name, it has a unique prize, and it's just a fun way to fool around. A minigame doesn't have to be bound by specific rules or parameters, it just has to be a miniature way to fool around within the game itself, while normally being different from the rest of the game. So I consider it a minigame, and it's separate enough of a subject from Petuni, with it's own name even, to merit its own article. Also, that isn't a "who" I'm perring, that's just one of the ridiculous things you can ask in this minigame.Doc von Schmeltwick (talk) 18:01, 14 September 2017 (EDT)
- The Mushroom Ball Derby also meets those criteria; should that be split off as well? 01:46, 4 October 2017 (EDT)
- It can. If it does, most of the info should go to the minigame, with the Balls themselves getting a basic overview. However, unlike this, that would be two articles that would share much of the same info, and neither exist without the other, they are very intrinsically linked. Doc von Schmeltwick (talk) 02:46, 4 October 2017 (EDT)