When I first saw this article, I almost thought there shouldn't even be an article. This was becuase of the fact that there was only three section. Now that Sonic has his own legitimate article, there is only two sections making a somewhat unneeded srticle. This is because of the lack of sections needed for a list. A fan of Yoshi | Here
Max2 nope. you could add more... but...
I love that word -- fortnight. :P Sounds so olden-days like.
As for Cameos to be placed here, is this just characters from other, non-Mario, games, or all games (such as Bow's appearance in the end of PM:TTYD, though she wasn't in the game)?
~ Luigi hc
just the characters who have minor appearences in a game. Max2 that are not Mario characters.
Link & R.O.B.
Both Link and R.O.B. have there own pages. They are both playable characters. Playable characters are not "camoes", they should be removed here.
As well, only cameos of someone who doesn't deserve to get his own page should go here. - Cobold
- Perhaps this article should be titled "List of Minor Cameos". Or maybe links should be provided to cameo characters of major importance who have their own pages. -- Son of Suns
I suggest we group Super Smash Bros. cameos into one section. Since they weren't technically in a Mario game, I don't think every character that appears in Super Smash Bros. deserve their own section. And also, the R.O.B. from Star Fox isn't the same R.O.B. in Mario Kart.
I am Confused 18:10, 17 April 2007 (EDT)
- A SSB section is a good idea. We could do the same for DK, Yoshi, and Wario as well, if wanted. The ROB from Star Fox is not the same ROB from Mario Kart 64. The ROB from Mario Kart 64 was originally an accesory for the NES. However, I'm sure the name ROB from Star Fox 64 is a reference to the original ROB. -- Son of Suns
Big the Cat
I just noticed, Big the Cat is not only in the background of the Athletics events, but he also appears at the start of the Rowing event. Does that mean he is a referee, not just a random NPC making a cameo? If so, I'll get to the article right away! My Bloody Valentine
Bruce Lee and Annette Funicello
Just a little inconsistency here: Bruce Lee is featured here from his Super Mario RPG appearance, but Annette Funicello is an implied character. I believe both persons can be considered both implied characters and cameos, particularly Annette, because she was mentioned in the Super Show!, which took place in the Real World from time to time. So, we should probably put them both on both lists, but that doesn't solve the problem of where their names should redirect. Thoughts? Stumpers! 01:52, 4 January 2008 (EST)
I cant seem to find the article anywhere and i know its on here. I want to link it to some of the Sonic and Earthworm Jim stuff. By The Contest i mean the challenge that Cranky Kong made to see who was the best video game hero.
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Theused (talk).
Is this supposed to be organized alphabetically, some other way, or does it not matter? Redstar 10:48, 17 December 2009 (EST)
I was just looking through the Wiki Maintenance categories and wondering what should happen to all the redirects to this article. Bruce Lee, Flicky, Fuwa, Navi, Beibei, Jingling, Huanhuan, Yingying, Nini, Perfect Chaos, Chaos and Fairy aren't listed in the article at all anymore while Earthworm Jim and Samurai Goroh only have things related to them listed here, imo making it a bit nonsensical to have those redirect here since there is no information about the actual characters in this article at all. Should all of those redirects be deleted, should some be changed to redirect somewhere else, or should they just continue to redirect here?--vellidragon 11:10, 31 March 2010 (EDT)
Cameo is misused
A cameo appearance is when a character from one series briefly appears in another, unrelated series. Now go to the article and count how many actual cameos are there. So, should we change the name or should we keep "Cameo" as the article name, albeit is being misused? Hello, I'm Time Turner.
- The current title is not especially offensive, but if it really, absolutely, vitaly needs chaning, I think "References to other works in the Mario series" could be decent (probably a bit too wordy, though). --Glowsquid 18:23, 2 March 2011 (EST)
- I created a References in the Mario series page without being aware that this one existed, and am posting a TPP for this to be merged with that article.
Mario 3D land?
another Zelda reference is in mario 3d land.
when you complete a puzzle in level 5-2 which requires a fire flower, the zelda discovery meldey plays.
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Hadoukenkyle (talk).
Merge with References in the Mario series
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
A while ago I created a page entitled 'References in the Mario series' because I thought that there were no pages listing things from other media that made appearances in the Mario series. On that article's talk page Mario jc pointed out that the cameos page existed. I'm not placing this TPP here just because I want to keep my article. As brought up by Green Disaster in one of the above section, the title of cameos isn't really suitable for information such as a theme from the legend of zelda being played at some point. Therefore I propose that the two pages be merged.
- Commander Code-8 (talk) For extremely obvious reasons
- Humbug (talk) "References in the Mario series" is a more general term, so merging the cameos page into is fine with me.
- New Super Yoshi (talk) Cameos is just a smaller version of References in the Mario Series.
- Mario jc (talk) Per all
- Mario4Ever (talk) Per Humbug.
- Lakituthequick (talk) Per all.
- Fawfulfury65 (talk) Per all.
The article you created still needs a lot more work. Perhaps you could put off on this proposal until you finish your article? GreenDisaster 19:42, 18 May 2012 (EDT)