|Mario Party 6
|30 seconds to select a vehicle per turn
|Fast and Furious
Insectiride is a Battle minigame in Mario Party 6. Its name is a pun on "insecticide," a chemical that is used to kill insects. On the official website, a game based on this minigame appeared under the name "Bug Race."
The camera shows each of the vehicles. It then cuts to the view shown during the race, then zooms in on the stage in front of the racetrack before the minigame starts.
Each of the players is racing in their insect vehicle to get to the other side of the small stretch of land first. At the start of the minigame, each player is given 30 seconds to select one of four insect vehicles to use in the race; they are given a small description when they stand in front of one. The four vehicles are a beetle, a ladybug, a snail, and a grasshopper. Once the minigame starts, the players must press a certain array of buttons depending on which insects they chose. The minigame ends when at least three of the players have crossed the finish line or if five minutes are up.
Players take their places on a podium on the stage from the beginning of the minigame based on their ranks obtained in the race. Only the first-place winner, however, performs their victory animation as confetti rains down upon them, though the overall loser performs their losing animation. The screen in the background shows the winner's vehicle. If five minutes pass and no one has reached the finish line, all of the players will be in last place and perform their losing animations.
- Ladybug – "Press the button ten times quickly!"
- Snail – "Press when it extends!"
- Grasshopper – "Press the eight buttons as instructed!"
- Beetle – "Press the buttons as instructed!"
- – Press as directed
- Rules – "Pick a locomotion machine and start racing! Whoever reaches the goal first wins!"
- Advice – "Press the buttons as directed to claim victory!"
Names in other languagesEdit
|Insectes de Course
|Insetti da Corsa
|Portmanteau of "entomo-" (a prefix used for creating insect names) and "móviles" (mobiles)
- With tool assist, the grasshopper has the highest potential to win, with the snail having the lowest.
- Despite this minigame being called Insectiride, a snail is a mollusk, not an insect.
- Nahoc (September 9, 2013). [TAS] Insectiride - "Who's Gonna Win?" (Mario Party 6). YouTube. Retrieved January 15, 2022.