Super Mario 64
I've seen them in the DS version, and yes, they do make Mario larger than most other games depict. However, I wouldn't consider it 'mega'. And no, they don't appear in the original. ~DarkZero (talk) 14:38, 7 May 2008 (EDT)
There needs to be much more about the classic super mushroom. There's two sentences about it, and then it moves on to game specifics. There should be more about it's role in the platformers. old ones (Super Mario Bros. series, Super Mario World) and new ones (New Super Mario Bros.). And this picture should be in it, since it really a Super Mushroom, not just a plain mushroom. CrystalYoshi
Who got rid of the super mario 64 ds section for super mushroom??? Bob-omb buddy
Redirect to Mushroom?
- It was officially named. Plus, the Mushroom article is for types of mushrooms, ex: Poison Mushroom, 1-Up Mushroom, Boo Mushroom, etc... uper-Yoshi
Added some images. SWFlash 15:45, 24 September 2010 (UTC)
Super Mushroom vs. A. muscaria
From the article: "The Super Mushroom is inspired from the poisonous Fly Agaric toadstool (Amanita Muscaria)." Is there a reliable source that states that the Super Mushroom was inspired by the appearance of A. muscaria rather than the resemblance being a coincidence? Someone on this discussion over at Wikipedia wants to know. --Tepples 18:08, 3 November 2010 (UTC)
Eat vs. Absorb
Let's just confirm now, I called nintendo, asked tons of questions, Mario TOUCHES them, It's been confirmed, one of the represenitives, Thomas, said so. Pgj1997 13:41, 24 September 2011 (EDT)
New Super Mario Bros. 2?
Isn't New Super Mario Bros. 2 the same as New. Super Mario Bros. Wii? In this page it says they are differentRoller Coaster Wiki 05:37, 9 June 2012 (EDT)
- If they were the same game, then why would we have the one on the 3DS? That wouldn't make any sense. Mrcrackerpants (talk) 15:48, 3 November 2012 (EDT)
SMB2 Mistake ?
I think that the Super Mario Bros. 2 subsection shouldn't be in the Super Mushroom article but in the Mushroom article. Indeed, it doesn't change Mario into Super Mario but add him some HP. In every case, we can't let the SMB2 subsection in the both articles.
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Banon (talk).
- I agree.--Thejfh1999 (talk) 15:52, 2 November 2012 (EDT)
- I also agree. Yes, there is a problem with that.Mrcrackerpants (talk) 15:46, 3
November 2012 (EDT) I disagree because saying that is like saying the Super Mushrooms of Mario and Luigi:Super Star saga are not super mushrooms because they add HP as appose to changing Mario into Super Mario. John Roberts
- There are no Super Mushrooms in M&L:SS. They are types of Mushrooms because they add HP. If they are called Super Mushrooms it is only because it is a better mushroom than the normal mushroom (in the game). They may have the same name, but because of the fact that their utility are not the same, they are not the same items. According to you, we should create the page "Ultra Mushroom" ? No, because it is a Mushroom. This is the reason why there are two different pages : Mushroom and Super Mushroom Banon (talk)
- Why not, but if we choose A, we should merge the two articles, and I don't think it should be done, but maybe ? And that wasn't my first point, I just wanted to remove the SMB 2 subsection in the Super Mushroom article, because all of the others subsections in this article talk about a mushroom who change Small Mario into Super Mario. Banon (talk)
Rewrite Super Mushroom
I think we should rewrite some sections on the page of the Super Mushroom and remove some unnecessary information. If you see it in the section on Super ary 64 DS there is a piece that speaks of the 1-Up Mushroom, while in other sections (especially in the sections about New Super Mario Bros. and its sequel we talk about most of the fungi in general that the super mushroom itself) - Sonic98 (talk)
- Yeah, this isn't what Proposals are for, and it wasn't formatted correctly anyway (wrong deadline, no template), so I just deleted it (i.e. removed the TPP dressings, but left the actual comments). - Walkazo 20:00, 27 June 2013 (EDT)
Super Mario 64 DS?
Is the "Mushroom" from Super Mario 64 DS really supposed to be a Super Mushroom? Its internal object name is SCALEUP_KINOKO, which might suggest that it wasn't supposed to be a Super Mushroom from the start. I know it looks like a Super Mushroom, but in Mario Pinball Land, released around the same time, the mushroom that otherwise looks like a Super Mushroom is called the Mega Mushroom. I'm thinking it was really supposed to be a Mega Mushroom, but this fact was lost since the Mega Mushroom's characteristics weren't solidified until New Super Mario Bros. LinkTheLefty (talk) 15:00, May 22, 2020 (EDT)