Endless blablabla for a limited time
It doesn't make sence… Both endless and limited… My brain hurts… SWFlash
Shouldn't we state where the five Golden Mushrooms in M&L:SS are, I can give you 3, one from the Beanlet Sidequest, one from the Popple & Birdo fight, & one from the 2nd Fawful fight, should we add this? -Yellowyoshi(Guest)
There's also one in a 2D sidescrolling section near Bean town place on possession of a Golden Monty. -Yellowyoshi(Guest)
Split this page's distinct items
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
This page has been used as a dumping ground for every mushy that happens to be yellow and shiny and is starting to turn into Reverse Mushroom mark II. There are at least four distinct items listed here:
- Golden Dash Mushroom (formerly Super Mushroom and Golden Mushroom)
- Japanese: Powerful Dash Kinoko (formerly Powerful Kinoko)
What started simply as a yellow-capped Mushroom was given its signature crown in Double Dash!!, which it has kept in every appearance since. It has light stem and a dark cap with light spots. More recently, it has been called "Golden Dash Mushroom," along with normal MK Mushrooms being renamed to "Dash Mushroom" (a move/merge we can deal with later). We already have a Golden Dash Mushroom page detailing the exact same item's appearance in later Mario Party games.
- Super Mushroom (formerly Golden Mushroom)
- Japanese: Super Kinoko
This is just an alternate design for Super Mushroom with a distinct appearance from "normal" Mushrooms. While the N64 games localized it as "Golden Mushroom," its reappearance as the Super Mushroom Capsule nixes that.
- Golden Mushroom
- Japanese: Golden Kinoko
This is an interesting one, and may need split further later. This started as an obscenely rare restorative item in Superstar Saga. Super Nintendo World depicts it as a singular artifact, which Bowser Jr. steals. In each, it has a dark stem and cap with light spots.
- Gold Mushroom
- Japanese: Gold Kinoko
This is a rare item based primarily around coins, like everything else in NSMB2. It has a light stem and cap with dark spots and has been consistently called "Gold Mushroom," not "Golden Mushroom."
Anyways, I think the ideal solution is to just split all four of these (while merging Golden Dash and Super to their respective pages), though I'm open to suggestions on alternate methods.
- Doc von Schmeltwick (talk) Per proposal
- TheDarkStar (talk) - per proposal
- Metalex123 (talk) - I think it's a good idea to split them, since there is indeed the Mario Kart item, the Mario Party item, and the M&L item, though I don't know what would be optimal to do about the Super Nintendo World and the NSMB2 ones... I'd say probably split the items in 4 also, but the Super Nintendo World one would be merged into the NSMB2 Gold Mushroom page, since that one is the only Gold Mushroom that seems the most basic of them all, while the others all have special things about them (lots of boost in MK, ability to use 3 dices in MP, health in M&L).
- Somethingone (talk) - This Golden Mushroom page sure has a lot of variants and effects in different games. Per Proposal.
- Blhte (talk) - Per proposal.
- Tails777 (talk) Personally, splitting them for now based on their effects and maybe coming up with further plans for these articles later down the line sounds like a good idea. For now, splitting them seems like the... golden option.
- Ray Trace (talk) Per all, bothered me that these three items all act super differently from each other and have different designs.
- Hewer (talk) While I am unsure as to where the Super Nintendo World Gold Mushroom should go, I otherwise support this. Per all.
- Power Flotzo (talk) Per everyone.
- FanOfYoshi (talk) Per all.
Regarding Gold and Golden Kinoko, I think the colors being consistently different along with them making a new render indicate they are intended as separate. Doc von Schmeltwick (talk) 21:06, July 19, 2021 (EDT)
- I guess. At this point, making it a disambiguation seems reasonable considering the vast amount of redesigns and effects it has across the games it is in. I’ll support this now. Somethingone (talk) 21:43, July 19, 2021 (EDT)
If this passes, then would the Golden Dash Mushroom that's currently on this page be merged with the Golden Dash Mushroom of Mario Party? Because if so, I will support it. Hewer (talk · contributions · edit count) 15:34, July 23, 2021 (EDT)